bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:07   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Corsair finally launches Link Cooling, Lighting Kits

Corsair Link, the monitoring system first unveiled at CES last year, is finally becoming available at retail.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2012/01/11/corsair-launches-link-cooling-kits/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 17:00   #2
improprietary
FT03 is a bitch to watercool

improprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
! That actually explains why the hell i haven't been able to buy it from their site yet! -.-
improprietary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 18:07   #3
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youAtomic - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
the Corsair Link Cooling Kit is set to cost $99 and the Cooling and Lighting Kit $139 across the pond.
Even at a decent exchange rate that's 65 +VAT.

Expensive.
Old 11th Jan 2012, 18:33   #4
wonderer
What's a Dremel?

wonderer has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If I get this right, it's a box hidden in your 3.5" bay? Nothing fancy about then, no external temp. and fan read outs? All that for $99. I hope it will die soon as Nvidia's ESA. Even I just bought Corsair Hydro H100 and was hoping to use Link . Not anymore. What's fancy about having extensive controll over fans on desktop. You set it up and forget, but with a fan controllers like Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25 I'm having installed you get temps and fans controlled and as added bonus you get some show off too.
wonderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 18:54   #5
kzinti1
Multimodder

kzinti1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's been so long since I bought the pair of H100 coolers, I'm really not interested in this any longer.
Other than a few LED lit fans, I've even lost interest in case lighting since this thing was 1st announced.
The control for the coolers themselves should've been software driven as with the Antec line of closed loop watercoolers. Not another item to squeeze into increasingly smaller cases.
Way too expensive for the cooling feature. Mine run just fine as is with their built-in 3 speed pump &/or fan control. I've heard that it controls either one or the other. Not both. I can tell no difference in any setting so it's quite possible that mine are borked. It doesn't really matter as these coolers are the best there is next to a full watercooling loop.
I have no interest or comment about the lighting control feature, either.
The long wait for these things hasn't exactly been good for Corsair. I suggest anybody that wants one buy it asap, as I doubt that it'll remain in production very long.
Not the way the worldwide economy is now, and most people will consider this an unecessary luxury with neither a real need for buying nor that much of a help in cooling and/or lighting.
kzinti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 01:04   #6
Marvin-HHGTTG
Marvin. I don't care what ^ says...

Marvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMarvin-HHGTTG is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderer View Post
If I get this right, it's a box hidden in your 3.5" bay? Nothing fancy about then, no external temp. and fan read outs? All that for $99. I hope it will die soon as Nvidia's ESA. Even I just bought Corsair Hydro H100 and was hoping to use Link . Not anymore. What's fancy about having extensive controll over fans on desktop. You set it up and forget, but with a fan controllers like Scythe Kaze Master Ace 5,25 I'm having installed you get temps and fans controlled and as added bonus you get some show off too.
Guess the Aquero, BigNG and Alphacool Heatmaster are also worthless then? These offer far more advanced control than any 5.25" device, much like you'd edit a fan curve in Afterburner. You have the opportunity for using various temperature sensors to control the fan speeds automatically based on a curve that you define. Great idea if you ask me.

Corsair's offering however is too expensive when compared with the Aquero 5 LT, not to mention that it's looking as expensive as the 5.25" versions which also include remotes and other fancy gubbins.
Marvin-HHGTTG is offline   Reply With Quote