bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jan 2012, 13:49   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Garry Newman points to impending Half-Life 3 release

Garry's Mod creator Garry Newman has posted an image of a T-shirt bearing the Half-Life 3 logo - but is it all a joke?

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ife-3-launch/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 13:58   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't care as long as I get episode 3/HL3.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:18   #3
notmeagain
Supermodder

notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.notmeagain is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Old news, Valve employees were wearing this t'shirt at an expo late last year, Gabe denied it at first but then stated via email that he's got no real control over what employees wear.

It would be stupid of valve to not announce it publicly, such an anticipated game will roll the hype mountain with or without t-shirts
notmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:20   #4
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
I doubt he's trolling just for kicks. Valve have a history of really drawing out their pre-release marketing campaigns.

I bet someone on the Steam forums will now find a hidden QR code in the picture that links to a website, which gives some GPS co-ordinates. At those co-ordinates there will be a buried chest, containing a crowbar and a note with an e-mail address and a codeword. Upon e-mailing the codeword to the address, a reply will be received with an attached photo of Gabe Newell wearing a shirt with a phone number. The phone number is connected to a BBS, which upon connecting sends an encryption key to the user. The photo has to be encrypted with this key, and uploaded to the original website. The website will then give the address of a convenience store in Bellevue, WA. Go to the store, ask the assistant to see the manager. The manager will hand you a package. The contents of the package will tell you everything about HL3...

There'll probably be more steps than this!
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:21   #5
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Still need to play the originals lol.
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:21   #6
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't care, and I won't care up to the point that the game is released, and then I won't care even more unless it's spectacularly good. I enjoyed Half Life 2, but it's been surpassed, and frankly judging from Valve's recent efforts I've seen no evidence that they've got another world beater in them.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:41   #7
bob_lewis
Lurker extraordinaire

bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3loaded
snip
Pretty much this, yes.
bob_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 15:10   #8
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
I wouldnt be surprised if team fortress beta became team fortress 3.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 15:58   #9
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If they do release it I hope it stick's to the original style of play and not copy the Cod industry of hand holding the players through every situation, and I hope it has had a dedicated PC team considering it will probably be released for consoles and be a console port.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 16:23   #10
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis
frankly judging from Valve's recent efforts I've seen no evidence that they've got another world beater in them.
What's been wrong with Vavle's last few games? L4D, L4D2 and Portal 2 have all been fantastic additions to anyone's portfolio of FPSs.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 16:36   #11
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauul View Post
What's been wrong with Vavle's last few games? L4D, L4D2 and Portal 2 have all been fantastic additions to anyone's portfolio of FPSs.
indeed!
and im sure i read a few weeks back that gabe wanted to/has scrapped episodic content.

roll on HL3!
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 16:52   #12
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
If they do release it I hope it stick's to the original style of play and not copy the Cod industry of hand holding the players through every situation, and I hope it has had a dedicated PC team considering it will probably be released for consoles and be a console port.
I'm not sure why your so worried, valves history doesn't suggest it'll be just another port COD clone, they're about the only publishers of AAA games who actually innovate.

Though for HL3 more of the same will fine, I just want more story at this stage! HL4 can innovate....

Oh and 5k posts! Fitting its a HL thread.
Old 11th Jan 2012, 17:50   #13
glaeken
Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

glaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremelglaeken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
I doubt he's trolling just for kicks. Valve have a history of really drawing out their pre-release marketing campaigns.

I bet someone on the Steam forums will now find a hidden QR code in the picture that links to a website, which gives some GPS co-ordinates. At those co-ordinates there will be a buried chest, containing a crowbar and a note with an e-mail address and a codeword. Upon e-mailing the codeword to the address, a reply will be received with an attached photo of Gabe Newell wearing a shirt with a phone number. The phone number is connected to a BBS, which upon connecting sends an encryption key to the user. The photo has to be encrypted with this key, and uploaded to the original website. The website will then give the address of a convenience store in Bellevue, WA. Go to the store, ask the assistant to see the manager. The manager will hand you a package. The contents of the package will tell you everything about HL3...

Haha, it's funny because it's true
Old 11th Jan 2012, 22:27   #14
Sanctus Terra
What's a Dremel?

Sanctus Terra has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
He's trolling, if it were another ARG, it would be a little more cryptic/less obvious.
Sanctus Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 07:20   #15
bob_lewis
Lurker extraordinaire

bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.bob_lewis is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Terra
He's trolling, if it were another ARG, it would be a little more cryptic/less obvious.
Unless it's a double-reverse counter-troll?
bob_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 08:04   #16
kinghaves
What's a Dremel?

kinghaves has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_lewis View Post
Unless it's a double-reverse counter-troll?
Damn them!
kinghaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 09:15   #17
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's a different t-shirt to the one seen last month by a valve employee : http://bit.ly/ArDUBD

Q: What does that mean?

A: Likely that both of them bought ink-jet iron on t-shirt kits
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 09:24   #18
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:

lol, in a nutshell

Personally I more inclined to think that it's a troll. T-shirts are easy and cheap to print, and everyone knows Half-Life uber-fans are strung out junkies itching for a fix.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jan 2012, 10:35   #19
Necrow
Multimodder

Necrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I found that the driving in the originals used to make me nauseous, so I never played much
Necrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2012, 19:49   #20
HourBeforeDawn
a.k.a KazeModz

HourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the DremelHourBeforeDawn has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
as long as episode 3 is still in hl 3, I guess it would be okay, as long as we dont have any holes in the story
• DimasTech Test Bench • Black ICE Triple 120 Rad • Dual Bay Res/Pump • DD Fill Port & Res • D-Tek FuZion 2 CPU Block • ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo • AMD Phenom II 3ghz @ 4ghz • 8gb DDR2-1100 Memory • (2) AMD 6870 XFire • (2) WD Black 640gb Raid 0 • (2) 1.5TB SEAGATE • Blu-Ray/HD DVD Drive • ASUS XONAR DX2 • 30" DOUBLESIGHT LCD • (2) 23" ASUS LCD • ZALMAN 8 FAN CONTROLLER • (4) NOCTUA P12 • (2) NOCTUA P14 • 1000W ZALMAN PSU • WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 •
HourBeforeDawn is offline   Reply With Quote