bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Jan 2012, 10:05   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Blizzard almost confirms Diablo 3 console release

It'll ruin the franchise, according to some.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...lo-3-console/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 11:16   #2
FelixTech
Robot

FelixTech has yet to learn the way of the DremelFelixTech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I seem to remember Micah Whiple is the guy who had all his personal details exposed in protest against the Real ID system. It's amazing what you remember!
Old 17th Jan 2012, 11:27   #3
rickets187
What's a Dremel?

rickets187 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
An Activision decision, surely? Hopefully this doesn't mark the start of an inexorable decline to Blizzard's PC/Mac games becoming mere software ports.
rickets187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 13:38   #4
the-beast
Modder

the-beast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lost interest in this when they said it would use the same restrictive online only battle.net that Starcraft 2 used.

Not all of us have superfast, always on broadband with unlimited usage!
the-beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 15:25   #5
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
How is this 'news'? The exact same story was posted 6 days ago by Hexus.

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/3379...rmed-consoles/

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 15:31   #6
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.Gareth Halfacree is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
What, including the tweet posted by Whiple just this morning? That was clever of 'em. I must remember to refuel the Delorean next time...
Gareth Halfacree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 15:45   #7
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickets187
An Activision decision, surely? Hopefully this doesn't mark the start of an inexorable decline to Blizzard's PC/Mac games becoming mere software ports.
Already started. Diablo 3's minimal-polygon art style is both a way of pre-empting Torchlight 2 and the only way they could get D3 to work on consoles.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 17:37   #8
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't see a problem with it being on consoles, it's just a hack n slash game. And like it said in the article, Diablo was on PSX. I've still got a Diablo save game on one of my old PSX mem-cards..somewhere.

Quite honestly though, I don't really care what they do to D3 at this point. They already damaged the game to the point I am no longer interested. When I think of the hours I put into the first 2 games and expansions, it really is quite a shame they are going to lose what would have been an avid player.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 18:15   #9
Smellyhead
Supermodder

Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Smellyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
Exploring console version =/= definitely coming onto console.
Old 17th Jan 2012, 21:49   #10
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree View Post
What, including the tweet posted by Whiple just this morning? That was clever of 'em. I must remember to refuel the Delorean next time...
Well played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellyhead View Post
Exploring console version =/= definitely coming onto console.
Is there really any doubt anymore? The game's well lined up for it and it seems unlikely that Blizzard would "explore" something that isn't going to make them money.
Old 18th Jan 2012, 04:40   #11
LordPyrinc
Legomaniac

LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LordPyrinc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The following reasons are why I'm not too concerned about buying and playing D3...

A. Skyrim was also launched on consoles and still is a great game on the PC.
B. I played Diablo and DiabloII predominately online anyways, even if I was just hacking and slashing in my own private game. Being online with D2 provided the only way to transfer items between my characters without using a trainer/hack.
C. I play StarcraftII occassionally, but when I created my "RealID", I sure as heck didn't use my actual name.
D. The only time I'm going to be angry is if my ISP goes down and I can't play the game. It's a really rare occurrence, but it can happen.

Intel i7-920 @ 2.66GHz - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz - Windows7 64bit
2 x 150GB WD VelociRaptor HDs (RAID 0) - 1TB WD 7200 rpm HD - 60GB OCZ SSD - 1TB WD External USB HD
2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB Superclocked (Dual SLI) - Razer BlackWidow Ultimate KB
Cooler Master HAF 922 - Antec 850W TruePower Quattro - 27" Samsung S27B550 LED Display
LordPyrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 10:48   #12
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Halfacree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
The one that merely points out that Diablo was released for consoles in 1998? Doesn't add anything to the story really.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 13:03   #13
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTech View Post
I seem to remember Micah Whiple is the guy who had all his personal details exposed in protest against the Real ID system. It's amazing what you remember!
ohh, THAT guy!
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote