bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd Jan 2012, 22:49   #21
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Really nice idea, perfected execution, what else can I ask? Just mod on my friend, this looks awesome!!!!! +rep
Thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
2 would be my choice because it is most stable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Something that sticks out further in the front would be good. The handle gives you the potential to topple forward when pulled.
I think Ill go with option nr 3, for now at least. I find the angle interesting. And with that stand I could build in a weight of some kind to keep it steady and avoid a possible fall on the nose. Im also thinking about placing an accessible usb-port on the foot. Helps me keep the main build clean...

Anyway, some todays work:

Front and back frames glued and sanded

Veneering time. But first, cover those holes

Little pieces of MDF did the trick

Veneer under pressure

Cut some support pieces for the roof veneer

Glue

Support

Squash it!

Also got rid of the VGA port today. Tore it! Got kinda violent. Cutting the pins was not enough. I had to get the damn toolbox. Well well, its done. Dont know if Im gonna try heating the pins off. Maybe just put some protection on it.

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 22:52   #22
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I still don't understand why did you remove VGA port.

But,everything else i cool.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jan 2012, 22:58   #23
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
I still don't understand why did you remove VGA port.

But,everything else i cool.
It was badly misplaced by the manufacturers

Old 24th Jan 2012, 12:28   #24
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Looking perfect .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2012, 12:31   #25
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
lol, my kind of modding !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 01:13   #26
quizz_kid
Squid

Got some work done today

Pieces

This is how I solved the usb issue, with a hidden canal

On the other side

Glue

The rest of that canal, hidden in the top piece

veneer

I decided to make a classic profile on the base. Looks good IMO

The two feet. Theyre only 20x20mm thick so I hope theyll carry. Well know soon...
I also made a hole straight thought one of them for the usb wire.

This is how itll look

Made the bottom also

Heres that well needed weight. 160x120x17mm, and quite heavy for its size...

I aslo leave you with a question, this time regarding the DVD eject button.
Going to make extension. Im looking for soldering spots. The circled ones seemes right... or??

Old 27th Jan 2012, 02:27   #27
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Theres actually 3 on that switch.

Im glad you went with the last design on the feet, makes it look a bit 'alive' cartoon wise, like something from Pixar

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2012, 17:40   #28
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
Theres actually 3 on that switch.

Im glad you went with the last design on the feet, makes it look a bit 'alive' cartoon wise, like something from Pixar

I dont like Pixar, but it seemes like a compliment ... so thanks!

Old 28th Jan 2012, 17:44   #29
quizz_kid
Squid

Arrrrgh! I think my mobos fu**ed... Did a testrun today and theres this repeating on/off thing going on. I get the two beeps and fans running for 3 seconds, then dead, over and over again. Im guessing its the mobo, but who can be sure

Old 28th Jan 2012, 17:53   #30
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh I hate difficult to diagnose problems & not having enough spare parts to mix match to find the actual offending piece .

Certainly had that problem you mention & like said can't really find the fault without spare parts .
Old 28th Jan 2012, 23:56   #31
j0rd
FLOSS folder

j0rd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
might be a stupid question but have you tested the individual components against known good hardware. other than the mobo the first thing i would look at is the PSU, the issue you describe sounds alot like one i had ages ago running a newer mobo on an older PSU. the ATX PSU spec has changed over the years and newer mobo's are not always compatible with PSU's bassed on older versions of the spec.
j0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jan 2012, 01:03   #32
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice job so far man! Walnut is beautiful

Like you, Wayne and j0rd, I'm sure I had this problem before, just can't remember what it was, apart from that mobo was actually ok.
Old 29th Jan 2012, 10:06   #33
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

What j0rd said sounds just like a prob I had a while ago & same symptoms as this, older but great PSU just not playing ball properly with the newer mobo, PITA without spare parts .
Old 29th Jan 2012, 11:03   #34
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Oh I hate difficult to diagnose problems & not having enough spare parts to mix match to find the actual offending piece .

Certainly had that problem you mention & like said can't really find the fault without spare parts .
Yeah. this really sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
might be a stupid question but have you tested the individual components against known good hardware. other than the mobo the first thing i would look at is the PSU, the issue you describe sounds alot like one i had ages ago running a newer mobo on an older PSU. the ATX PSU spec has changed over the years and newer mobo's are not always compatible with PSU's bassed on older versions of the spec.
I thought about it... The Shuttle 250W was kind of a try out. But since I tested with a corsair 430(same issues there), I dont know. Should I go as far as try with an even newer power supply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Nice job so far man! Walnut is beautiful

Like you, Wayne and j0rd, I'm sure I had this problem before, just can't remember what it was, apart from that mobo was actually ok.
Thanks Gtek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
What j0rd said sounds just like a prob I had a while ago & same symptoms as this, older but great PSU just not playing ball properly with the newer mobo, PITA without spare parts .
Im looking for some luck out there

Old 29th Jan 2012, 11:27   #35
quizz_kid
Squid

Found some of that luck... It was one of the RAMs actually, missed double check there I guess.
Feel kinda stupid... But thanks for helping me out there mates!

Bad guy below

Old 29th Jan 2012, 22:01   #36
quizz_kid
Squid

After a rough weekend filled with computer issues I started this afternoon with some more woodwork.

I milled the DVD slot with high precision... Perfect! ... wait a minute ... its... its...

... ON THE WRONG F*CKING SIDE! Reminder for future projects: THINK!

To hide the mistake I did some more milling Thinking of having some mesh in there.

I also made the front.

Joystick slot

The front will have some kind of stain later

Heres the beautiful brass window. "Steampunkish" some might call it...

Got my risers aswell.

Old 29th Jan 2012, 22:27   #37
penryn 2 hertz
I'm not a science fiction writer...

penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.penryn 2 hertz is definitely a rep cheat.
Grate job but next step is de solder the dvi/vga port all together so look's neat and tidy...
The atoms of our bodies are traceable to stars that manufactured them in their cores and exploded these enriched ingredients across our galaxy, billions of years ago. For this reason, we are biologically connected to every other living thing in the world. We are chemically connected to all molecules on Earth. And we are atomically connected to all atoms in the universe. We are not figuratively, but literally stardust.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson
penryn 2 hertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2012, 02:23   #38
j0rd
FLOSS folder

j0rd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
good luck de-soldering anything on a ROHS compliant mobo
j0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2012, 04:26   #39
CrowAT
What's a Dremel?

CrowAT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel