bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 30th Jan 2012, 19:43   #41
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by penryn 2 hertz View Post
Grate job but next step is de solder the dvi/vga port all together so look's neat and tidy...
Thanks.... But de-solderingīs not an option here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
good luck de-soldering anything on a ROHS compliant mobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0rd View Post
hmmm, a set of side cutters would prolly get the pins down to uber short though
That is my plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowAT View Post
Lots of good stuff here. Nice progress.
Thanks Crowat!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jan 2012, 20:15   #42
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Tried a new stain today... A bit more reddish than the one Iīve been overusing last 2 years
I think I like it.

Anyway, tried it on the front...

This is a design for the footstand Iīve worked with during the weekend.
Since I have to keep the mothership unsullied, Iīll use the foot for an excuse to do something artsy
The illustration is based on circuit boards, in case anyone didnīt noticed

Then I painted certain parts off the main inside. BLOOODY RED!!

This is where I am right now, the finishing. Danish oil as usual Two days maybe...
The small pieces to the left are an idea I have for fixing that DVD-slot-mistake I made yesterday

I have like 3 weeks left, which means Iīm doing pretty well. This means Iīve got time for an associated monitor mod also

This is my old screen. Going to look into it more tomorrow

Old 30th Jan 2012, 20:37   #43
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Totally gorgeous work mate .

Like the look of that brass thing with window & that circuit stain rocks . rep
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2012, 21:04   #44
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Totally gorgeous work mate .

Like the look of that brass thing with window & that circuit stain rocks . rep
Thanks man! Try my best here

Old 31st Jan 2012, 21:21   #45
quizz_kid
Squid

No update today, I just want to give some cred to all the people here... Iīm relatively new to the modding scene, and as a noob Iīve never encountered as much indulgence and humility as here. Iīm very proud of being among you guys! Big up for this nerd platoon!

Old 1st Feb 2012, 13:51   #46
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, nice little project! I love wooden mods. Hope the wooden monitor bezel is nice and thin ;-) Have you any plans for lighting the brass window?

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 17:58   #47
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vo0Ds View Post
Wow, nice little project! I love wooden mods. Hope the wooden monitor bezel is nice and thin ;-) Have you any plans for lighting the brass window?
Thanks friend! Hard to go thin with wood, but itīll be fine I think. No light on the window itself, but inside

Old 1st Feb 2012, 18:07   #48
quizz_kid
Squid

Basic sketch for monitor. The idea is to have VGA/power supply through the "legs" as shown below. Could be too much work, but Iīd like getting rid of that cable mess...

Framework

Mmm... Lovely knags!

Bought myself a fine big screw in brass for the back mounting. Made two alu-fittings aswell

Something like this

Started working on a mock up for the fot itself, just to set the weights right

Old 1st Feb 2012, 18:59   #49
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
love your skills mate
Old 1st Feb 2012, 19:38   #50
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Love this new monitor case & stand, I've never modded a monitor before but think I'd enjoy it a lot when thinking of all the possibilities .
Old 1st Feb 2012, 20:49   #51
Monsieur R.
In cornichons I trust.

Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I missed your circuit pattern on the wood. I love it !
Monsieur R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:40   #52
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, monitor looking great! Would it suit a slight bevel on the inside edge? I think it's a trick manufacturers use to make things appear smaller (well, on my Dell anyway). How are you going to mount the buttons?

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 07:45   #53
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
love your skills mate
Thanks peteski!

Quote:
Love this new monitor case & stand, I've never modded a monitor before but think I'd enjoy it a lot when thinking of all the possibilities .
Thank you!! I've never done this either. But yeah, monitors seems to have a bit of modding possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur R. View Post
I missed your circuit pattern on the wood. I love it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vo0Ds View Post
Wow, monitor looking great! Would it suit a slight bevel on the inside edge? I think it's a trick manufacturers use to make things appear smaller (well, on my Dell anyway). How are you going to mount the buttons?
Thans again Vo0Ds! I think a bevel WOULD suit, only problem is thereīs not much material to bevel on. Backside frame is like 2 mm Can show pictures later. Maybe I can do something similar. Ragarding buttons Iīve decided to use only the on/off switch and a led. They+ll be mounted in the stand aswell. Cheers

Old 3rd Feb 2012, 23:39   #54
quizz_kid
Squid

Wanted brass mesh, but couldnīt find any so brought my magic can

Golden!!

Also painted some of the mountings/fittings

Backside of the monitor

Underneath... had to use some real precision here. Lot to think about

Cut some pieces for the stand aswell

Made holes for VGA and C14 socket

Something like this

Feet parts with holes for housing lots of cables later. This is going to be tricky!

I was promised a set of 8gb RAMs from the Custom PC article I did some time ago. Havenīt seen them yet. I just hope theyīll show up in time for the upcoming birthday

Old 4th Feb 2012, 00:05   #55
quizz_kid
Squid

BTW... thinking about getting a new GPU. The fan sounds like a friggin rocket launch and Iīm having a hard time finding a passive solution out there that fits.

Old 4th Feb 2012, 00:33   #56
Darkwisdom
Mods Everything In Sight

Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.Darkwisdom is definitely a rep cheat.
If you don't need much power, how about a HD6450, they'll do everything but high res gaming (obviously). They're low profile, and Passive.

Retro Stuff:USB modded N64, NES, Gamecube, Mega Drive and Dreamcast controllers for Emulation ~ Homemade Arcade Stick ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 07:49   #57
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Feet parts with holes for housing lots of cables later. This is going to be tricky!
Sounds it

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
I was promised a set of 8gb RAMs from the Custom PC article I did some time ago. Havenīt seen them yet. I just hope theyīll show up in time for the upcoming birthday
Me too dude, how long ago was the article featured mate? I think the RAM came first for me when I done one, I'll PM Combatus to see if it's been sent out, that's also strange as your meant to be in moty if you get a mag feature with custom pc .
Old 4th Feb 2012, 19:47   #58
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
If you don't need much power, how about a HD6450, they'll do everything but high res gaming (obviously). They're low profile, and Passive.
Thereīs a cheap passive GT 210 on sale out there, might get that one...

Quote:
Sounds it

Me too dude, how long ago was the article featured mate? I think the RAM came first for me when I done one, I'll PM Combatus to see if it's been sent out, that's also strange as your meant to be in moty if you get a mag feature with custom pc .
It was the 100th issue I think... Donīt know the date of release since I wasnīt able to get hold on a copy myself The MOTY was a bit of slap in the face yeah. Was told Iīd be a candidate, but hey, maybe next time. Canīt complain though, life is great

Old 5th Feb 2012, 15:18   #59
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
really nice progress! wrote a comment about which feet you should choose... didnt see there were more pages!

=P

Last edited by kelmannen; 5th Feb 2012 at 17:02. Reason: little late...!! >.<
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2012, 15:46   #60
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thats a pritty neat idea for that monitor! I got to ask, was it difficult to do the disassembly of the old one? Just got me thinking of you could put 3 monitors side by side with almost no framework between them...
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode