bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 6th Feb 2012, 00:23   #61
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
really nice progress! wrote a comment about which feet you should choose... didnt see there were more pages!

=P
Thanks Kelmannen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Thats a pritty neat idea for that monitor! I got to ask, was it difficult to do the disassembly of the old one? Just got me thinking of you could put 3 monitors side by side with almost no framework between them...
Mine was easy. I know some monitors are a bit tricky, but with a screwdriver you can open everything Guess you could minimize framwork that way. GL

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 00:27   #62
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
No woodwork this weekend. Started on some of the cables. 4-pin ATX extension

The USB

Finished the day with an idea for the mesh

Last edited by quizz_kid; 6th Feb 2012 at 00:37.
Old 6th Feb 2012, 20:36   #63
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
like that idea
Old 6th Feb 2012, 22:14   #64
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking sweet & that wire routing is amazing.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 21:24   #65
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
like that idea
Thank you Peteski!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking sweet & that wire routing is amazing.
Im trying

Small update, the mesh... Looks good I think. Mistake hidden I guess

Made a VGA cable for monitor aswell

Old 7th Feb 2012, 21:35   #66
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks great man. I'm loving the mesh, it reminds me of one of those old fireguards my grandmother used to have (wood and painted metal infront of an open fire = Logic fail).
Old 7th Feb 2012, 22:18   #67
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking good
Old 7th Feb 2012, 22:42   #68
peteski
long live the pc

love the mesh mate
Old 8th Feb 2012, 18:30   #69
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwisdom View Post
Looks great man. I'm loving the mesh, it reminds me of one of those old fireguards my grandmother used to have (wood and painted metal infront of an open fire = Logic fail).
Thanks. Logic fail, just like wooden computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking good
Quote:
love the mesh mate
Thanks guys!

Old 8th Feb 2012, 18:48   #70
quizz_kid
Squid

Some work from today:

Making of the last fittings

Started to mod the PSU a bit, for better cable management

I want the monitor to have a bit of spacer-techish-look to it, so Ill use three DIN connectors, 3-,4-, and 5-pin(VGA, power and led = 12 pins)

Backpanel for 3xDIN and C14-socket

Sidepanel for some of that golden mesh

Glue

Something like this. Made a small profile, similar to the one on the case foot

Then over to the legs... After some complex drilling I had to come up with a durable solotion for the assembly in the middle angle. No room for plugs here, so I decided to try some kinda biscuit thingy-thingy

Sooooo close!

3,5 mm walnut biscuits

Something like this. Will be sanded down

The monitor foot itself. Circuit decoration coming up!

From under

Old 8th Feb 2012, 19:40   #71
peteski
long live the pc

your skills amaze me
Old 10th Feb 2012, 00:31   #72
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
your skills amaze me
Thank you Peteski!

Old 10th Feb 2012, 01:41   #73
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm so looking forward to that monitor! That woodwork looks amazing!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2012, 09:33   #74
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Wow bro this is going to be so awesome!!!! Your woodworking skills are top cant wait to see more of this!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2012, 09:42   #75
ASPHIAX
Beyond Complexity Lies Simplicity

ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!ASPHIAX - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The design lines on this work is just awesome man !
Really appreciate the attention to detail and the knowledge of the material you are working with. Wood has always been my first passion and you really need to know the finer ins and outs about it to make stuff like this. I am always more looking forward to the journey people make to get to the end then the end itself, but for this one I am really (REALLY) looking foward to seeing the end pictures. Its gonna be stunning !
W. www.ModWithMe.com
FB. https://www.facebook.com/ModWithMe
ASPHIAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Feb 2012, 19:23   #76
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
I'm so looking forward to that monitor! That woodwork looks amazing!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Wow bro this is going to be so awesome!!!! Your woodworking skills are top cant wait to see more of this!!!
Thanks AnG3L... Appreciaded!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
The design lines on this work is just awesome man !
Really appreciate the attention to detail and the knowledge of the material you are working with. Wood has always been my first passion and you really need to know the finer ins and outs about it to make stuff like this. I am always more looking forward to the journey people make to get to the end then the end itself, but for this one I am really (REALLY) looking foward to seeing the end pictures. Its gonna be stunning !
Thanx! Glad you like my style... and yeah, looking forward to the final assembly myself

Old 10th Feb 2012, 19:31   #77
quizz_kid
Squid

PSU before...

PSU after... Im pretty happy bout it

Made the 4-pin ATX a little more attractive as well

Found a magnifier on the flee some days ago and got an idea for the window. I think the DOF will highlight the beautiful Zalman heatsink with some focus

Had to sand it down a bit to give the PSU the space needed

Also made a 4M-decal for the HDD

Template stain painting again, this time on the monitor stand

Old 10th Feb 2012, 20:59   #78
peteski
long live the pc

that is all
Old 10th Feb 2012, 21:08   #79
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
that is all
So true
Old 10th Feb 2012, 21:38   #80
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Wish i could see the pics from work

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode