bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 12th Feb 2012, 13:05   #81
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Thanks guys!

Heres the DIN-trident! And I said Ill never sleeve First timer here, dont know the techniques but I think I managed ok.

Had to go through hell just to get the 15 wires through. Came up with a screwing-pushing-technique that worked after a while.

Glue

Some sleeving on the AC too

Mounting of the foot. Im really satisfied with it. Perfect weight and surprisingly good stability

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2012, 13:11   #82
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Some really nice work going on here. Really different to most builds..Like it. Top modding dude.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Feb 2012, 14:03   #83
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking sweet quizz_kid keep up the good work
Old 12th Feb 2012, 17:33   #84
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Your cable work, wood work & ideas are flipping awesome mate, wow.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2012, 22:43   #85
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Some really nice work going on here. Really different to most builds..Like it. Top modding dude.
Thank you jeff! I like to differ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
looking sweet quizz_kid keep up the good work
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Your cable work, wood work & ideas are flipping awesome mate, wow.
Thanks Waynio. Appreciate it alot!

Old 13th Feb 2012, 22:52   #86
quizz_kid
Squid

Back piece. Will be painted in a darker brown

Made some holes in the monitor backplate, for 3xDIN and AC

All the wooden parts gather for some of that danish

Ok, almost done now. A few layers of oil, maybe 3 days. Some cable work left, but I feel kinda empty inside already Modding syndrome I guess... Its been such a lovely project for me, hate to see it come to an end. But putting it together will be fun.

Final assembly coming up, the weekend maybe
Looking forward to it, big time!

Old 15th Feb 2012, 21:40   #87
quizz_kid
Squid

Weight for monitor. The 30mm hole is for powerswitch

I also finished the joystick

And then I got an idea for front-/back-panel: More circiut-painting!

GOLD!!!

This is what it looks like with/without the decoration

I dont know. I like the golden circuits a lot. It gives the build itself another dimension IMO.
But at the same time its not as aesthetically sparse and could maybe be a bit over-techish for my mom. Thoughts?

Old 15th Feb 2012, 21:52   #88
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Love this build as much as all the others you have done. I especially like your way of creating patterns. And I love PCB track art, it looks so damn good.

Btw.. excuse me if I have missed it in the text but when you stain the pattern, do you prep the surface before with anything to prevent the color from creeping under the pattern? Also how do you cut your patterns, laser?

Btw, I bet your mom will love the gold, I think it's something in a womens gene

Awsome build as always, yours are the best woodcomputer builds there is.

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2012, 21:54   #89
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
with decoration for me, might be techy for you mum but have you seen the puter your building for her ???
Old 16th Feb 2012, 12:05   #90
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Love this build as much as all the others you have done. I especially like your way of creating patterns. And I love PCB track art, it looks so damn good.

Btw.. excuse me if I have missed it in the text but when you stain the pattern, do you prep the surface before with anything to prevent the color from creeping under the pattern? Also how do you cut your patterns, laser?

Btw, I bet your mom will love the gold, I think it's something in a womens gene

Awsome build as always, yours are the best woodcomputer builds there is.
Thanx man! Glad you like my pattern creations. Im a graphic designer, basically, moving more or less towards more of a product/3D-design and its a nice thing when you get an opportunity to combine them both

Regarding the stain pattern making I do not prep the surface at all. Im just very very careful using a dry sponge with very little stain on it. Same thing with spray, just a very thin layer. But preppin the wood might be a good idea. Got any suggestions?

The stencils are made in a cutter plotter we have in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManc View Post
with decoration for me, might be techy for you mum but have you seen the puter your building for her ???
true

Old 16th Feb 2012, 12:07   #91
quizz_kid
Squid

Im still confused regarding the front... But maybe Ill stick with the golden pattern til its finished and see then what.

Old 16th Feb 2012, 15:18   #92
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
This thread is full of WIN!!!!! Mod on brother this looks more than amazing!!!!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2012, 19:15   #93
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
This thread is full of WIN!!!!! Mod on brother this looks more than amazing!!!!!!
Thanx a lot mate!

Old 16th Feb 2012, 19:28   #94
quizz_kid
Squid

This is for lighting inside. Cheap LED-stripe in red. Sexy... I like sexy!!

Had to mod the fan controller a bit and extend the knob 15mm

6mm wood plug, a toothpick and some glue did the trick!

VGA... VGA... VGA... Sat more than an hour with this one. Hate 'em!!

Toggle switch for monitors ON/OFF

This is what the cable management looks like from under. Wont do it again, so Ill pray for succes Also drilled 15mm holes for furniture pads.

Rubber pads

Put the weight in place and screw it all together.

Mmm... I think I like it!!

Final monitor assembly tomorrow I hope. See you then!!

Old 16th Feb 2012, 19:59   #95
jokkos
too busy to mod *sigh*

jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.jokkos is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
damn that's sweet!
Old 16th Feb 2012, 20:25   #96
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That monitor foot turned out really nice. I totally dig the plain and simple LED + switch and how you have made them part of the circuit graphics. Cool idea

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2012, 22:20   #97
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
So much eye candy but not overkill, just perfect mate, looks a beautiful classic piece, I agree with what gnu said.

Ugh, just noticed the stars on this, this is easily a 5 star project.

Last edited by Waynio; 16th Feb 2012 at 22:25. Reason: Ugh, just noticed the stars on this, this is easily a 5 star project.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2012, 22:25   #98
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Why is it, that I only ever find these great projects of yours about 5 pages in!? I've missed out on so much.

So I'll just comment on that I've seen on this page:
Absolutely beautiful stuff! Your sleeving is fantastic and the rest is purely marvellous eye candy, a big well done!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2012, 00:45   #99
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bladesingerz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I just love this monitor stand!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2012, 11:58   #100
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This looks fantastic. Your mom will be so happy.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode