bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 18th Feb 2012, 13:58   #101
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokkos View Post
damn that's sweet!
Thanx Jokkos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
That monitor foot turned out really nice. I totally dig the plain and simple LED + switch and how you have made them part of the circuit graphics. Cool idea
Yeah... It seemed natural to follow the circuit chart when I decided where to put LED+switch. Thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
So much eye candy but not overkill, just perfect mate, looks a beautiful classic piece, I agree with what gnu said.

Ugh, just noticed the stars on this, this is easily a 5 star project.
Starts are stars, but thank you very much Waynio! Glad you´re diggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Why is it, that I only ever find these great projects of yours about 5 pages in!? I've missed out on so much.

So I'll just comment on that I've seen on this page:
Absolutely beautiful stuff! Your sleeving is fantastic and the rest is purely marvellous eye candy, a big well done!
Thank you Southpaw!! Glad my sleeving got approved =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
I just love this monitor stand!
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
This looks fantastic. Your mom will be so happy.
Thank you Pranja!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2012, 14:09   #102
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Some final soldering

DIN-females

Lot of work just for removing the connectors to the other side, but I guess I like modding

WARNING! 230V. Don´t do this unless you know how to isolate well

Golden mesh on sides

The mounting:

Wood frame

Just throw it all in there!!

Back piece

Fittings

Brass screw

Wingnut for accessible adjustment of the angle

Cables in...

You might think the power cable is a bit long, but that´s how I like it.

TADA! Really stable actually

Better than expected. Got a really interesting profile I think. Sad the back´ll be hidden more or less

Old 18th Feb 2012, 14:36   #103
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Amazing!! :O

How did you lock the screen into the wood though?
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2012, 16:55   #104
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Amazing!! :O

How did you lock the screen into the wood though?
Thank you! It´s locked on the backside, through the wood and into the backplate. You can see the screws if you look closely.

Old 19th Feb 2012, 16:57   #105
quizz_kid
Squid

Anyone know how to connect these white-blu-red wires to regular the red-yellow-black ones??

Old 19th Feb 2012, 18:43   #106
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[/QUOTE]

love it mate cant wait to see this finished
Old 19th Feb 2012, 18:58   #107
Dr.Joe
Minimodder

Dr.Joe has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I absolutely love it...

If that fan is a papst, then it should be like this:

red: V+
blue: GND
white: rpm
Old 19th Feb 2012, 19:47   #108
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fantastic build! :-D if she don't want it i'll gladly take it! :-D
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2012, 20:40   #109
Mark_Skeldon
Multimodder

Mark_Skeldon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent wood working skills!
i7 2600k @4.6GHz, | Asus Maximus IV Gene-z | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL9 | 2x Gigabyte R8 280X | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | Coolermaster RP Pro 1000w | Coolermaster Silencio 652 | Onkyo SR608 amp | Mordaunt Short components |
Mark_Skeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2012, 23:02   #110
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
love it mate cant wait to see this finished
Thanx man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Joe View Post
I absolutely love it...

If that fan is a papst, then it should be like this:

red: V+
blue: GND
white: rpm
Cheers! And thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
fantastic build! :-D if she don't want it i'll gladly take it! :-D
Thanks. I´ll let you know if she rejects it =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Skeldon View Post
Excellent wood working skills!
Thank you

Old 19th Feb 2012, 23:07   #111
quizz_kid
Squid

Small update

Molex connectors seemed dead so cut them off

Going to use a power SATA instead. 5V to graphic fan and 12V to LEDs

Fan cable extension. Gonna be quiet with 5V

Twin USB cable for DVD and foot

Here´s my small LED stripe module with angle

Last edited by quizz_kid; 19th Feb 2012 at 23:23.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 16:06   #112
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Superb creating & modding mate. rep

Last edited by Waynio; 20th Feb 2012 at 16:06. Reason: must spread rep lol
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 22:13   #113
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Superb creating & modding mate. rep

Old 20th Feb 2012, 22:18   #114
quizz_kid
Squid

Had to cut the HDD fitting a bit for SATA cable on mobo

Made a new decal for the vents

LED-stripe mounted

A small cable for start button. Tried heat shrink tubing for the first time. Nice!! How could I´ve missed THIS??? No more ugly tape!

Power-SATA to gpu fan

Fanmate to the fans

One last testrun before final assembly.

Pimped the fan cable a bit with my new best friends, shrink tubes!!

Empty shell

DVD

In place

Locking fittings

Old 21st Feb 2012, 06:27   #115
peteski
long live the pc

not long now mate cant wait
Old 21st Feb 2012, 21:12   #116
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
It's so riddled with nice touches.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 00:00   #117
quizz_kid
Squid

Thanx mates!

Assembly part 2:

PSU

In place

Hade to tape the ATX a bit for the mobo placement

Mobo and front panel in place

Here´s the fittings for the PSU

Spacer/mobo/spacer/fittings is the idea. One screw holding both mobo and PSU in place. I´m quite proud of the solution

Side view

Tight and steady

30 cm PCI-E riser from one side to the other, under mobo

Noticed that the 4-pin ATX was a bit too long, so I cut it and made it a bit more appealing

Soldering

There we go!

Opps, forgot the mesh

Hade to start all over. Mesh in place.

Over the the graphics. Hade to slide the back panel in to access the VGA port.
This was tricky, I had no room left for hand work so had to play the surgeon for a while

Tight!

Managed to get it in position after 20 min

Gpu fan cable could hide behind memory

Here´s a visual of the limited space I had to work with. If the riser had been 1 cm shorter it would´ve been an epic failure. Got lucky I guess...

VGA-port mounted on the outside

4-pin ATX in place

Push button for DVD eject

Connection on the inside

When I was mounting the fanmate there was no room for screwdrivers, so I hade to make a tool-thingy made of a star tip and a piece of wood.

Took a bit of technique but it did the trick. Could be useful when mounting the HDD tomorrow

... and that´s it for today. My bed is waiting

Old 22nd Feb 2012, 06:21   #118
peteski
long live the pc

man that is a tight fit in there but looking good mate
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 06:48   #119
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
impressive work! and creativity! good inspiration for me...

I love the look.
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Feb 2012, 08:58   #120
Snubbs
CustomPC Migration victim....

Snubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSnubbs is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Just read the whole log. Really wonderful project! Love it throughout, it's a very well thought out idea with a very clever and complex design. I'm sure your mum will love it! Epic work!
¦ i5 760 watercooled ¦ MSI P55-GD65 ¦ 4GB Crucial & 4GB Hyper DDR3 8-8-8-24 ¦ Inno3D GTX580 OC ¦ Crucial C300 128GB & Samsung 830 256GB ¦ 2x500GB F3's RAID0 ¦ Fractal R4 (windowed) ¦ Logitech G15v2 & G500S ¦ Win8Pro&Win7Pro ¦
If I am without tool, I am without hope
Snubbs is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode