bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Feb 2012, 18:54   #141
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Damm fine mod. Looks great.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2012, 19:45   #142
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
[/QUOTE]

5 stars 1+rep mate

Old 27th Feb 2012, 20:34   #143
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president

On a serious note, I would happily have born you if that ment getting this mod
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 02:48   #144
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
As you mayve noticed, Ive only shown close ups during the process. Im not evil, I just like to save the zoom outs for final pictures. Keep some mystic around the project I guess...
Hmmm sound a great way to do things.

Edited out image since peteski did a quote image to bring it over to the new page 2 posts earlier, didn't see it at the time.

Last edited by Waynio; 29th Feb 2012 at 10:55.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 06:26   #145
peteski
long live the pc

lol thats good pope
Old 29th Feb 2012, 20:34   #146
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Damm fine mod. Looks great.
THANKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
5 stars 1+rep mate

Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post

On a serious note, I would happily have born you if that ment getting this mod
Great picture! Didnt see that one coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Hmmm sound a great way to do things.

Mom was overwhelmed. Im lucky to have such loyal siblings, she had no idea bout anything.
She gave me the ! ! ! Im satisfied...

Here she is, taking a break after a heavy elven battle in Skyrim

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 15:22   #147
Martininho
Minimodder

Martininho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This thing is sexy. Great modding man!
Martininho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 22:30   #148
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Mom was overwhelmed. Im lucky to have such loyal siblings, she had no idea bout anything.
She gave me the ! ! ! Im satisfied...
Old 4th Mar 2012, 19:52   #149
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I am one big idiot K L U T Z ! ! !

I was doing some video shooting today and put the computer on a ledge 2 meters from the ground. I then acctually manage to stumble over the wire, and my baby smashes right into the concrete. Soooooo angry right now. Slaps in my face!!! I think the front made the touchdown, cause the brass window broke. The chassis itself got a nice big spank on one of the corners. Some minor cracks here and there. The foot is shattered and I have to make new legs. The cpu cooler popped, but there was no greater damages on the hardware I think. Gonna test the system tomorrow and hope for the best I guess.

I have to share the pain:

Some of the damages to the wooden shell

Dismantled

One of the corners looks quite bad. Just gonna put some oil over it and call it "antique"

Broken legs =( Going to make a new pair of those tomorrow

Some chassis work

Finals have to wait a bit now

Old 4th Mar 2012, 19:59   #150
quizz_kid
Squid

This one seems appropriate

Old 4th Mar 2012, 20:01   #151
peteski
long live the pc

not good mate
Old 4th Mar 2012, 20:09   #152
branndailor
Modder

branndailor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well here is the deal.. you certainly have the skills to blow most folks away... fixing this slight setback won't be hard at all (time consuming, but easy for you to fix)

broken or not that thing is epic, also +1 for a gamer mom
branndailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2012, 20:53   #153
Gur_man
What's a Dremel?

Gur_man has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
AWW! That hurts.

Realy beautiful work here mate, awesome projeсt!
I'm sure you will repair it. Good luck.
Gur_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2012, 21:25   #154
peteski
long live the pc

im thinking you was like this the moment it droped i know i would of been

Old 4th Mar 2012, 21:36   #155
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Ohhhhhhhh man that is always my worst nightmare after completing a project, something crazy like that happening.

We know your totally capable of fixing the case but is the tech ok or not tested yet.

Need a damn good sense of humor to not go mad after that & suspect with you posting that vid which did make me laugh a lot means you took a good deep breath & thought f it I can fix this.

Still really is a massive crapper though.

Rep bomb should be due for not going crazy.
Old 5th Mar 2012, 13:58   #156
quizz_kid
Squid

Trying not to get too upset... trying hard

Thanks guys!

Tested the sytem today. First startup was fine, but second attempt resulted in message something like this: windows\system32\config\system file missing or corrupt

Guessing its the HDD thats damaged... What do you guys think? Buy a new one?

The DVD is also damaged, so I have to get a new one.

But after all, the restoration seems manageable at least!

Old 5th Mar 2012, 15:38   #157
Starsunder
What's a Dremel?

Starsunder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah I would snag a new HDD just to be safe. I made the mistake of using one I dropped when it was running before and it was all bad news. So since this is for your Mom you dont want her to lose any files later on.
Starsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2012, 17:30   #158
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah, dropping a running drive kills it. It's good to hear you can recover the case, though.

Bent corner: Can you shave the corners down and re-veneer? It'll look like it's a design feature that way.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2012, 17:31   #159
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsunder View Post
Yeah I would snag a new HDD just to be safe. I made the mistake of using one I dropped when it was running before and it was all bad news. So since this is for your Mom you dont want her to lose any files later on.
Yeah, a new one is probably for the best.

I bought a Western 500gb and a slim slot-in DVD today for less than $60, so no major expenses there. Can expect 1-2 weeks, since its from Hongkong, but I will try to upload the finals sooner.

And the repair continues... Made a couple of new feet today

Old 5th Mar 2012, 17:34   #160
quizz_kid
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Yeah, dropping a running drive kills it. It's good to hear you can recover the case, though.

Bent corner: Can you shave the corners down and re-veneer? It'll look like it's a design feature that way.
Ive had a similar thought, but without re-veneering... I have about 12mm of solid walnut(the framework) to work with. I was thinking maybe Ill do a profile like the one on the feet. But Ill try the oil first and se then whats what

Last edited by quizz_kid; 5th Mar 2012 at 17:46.

View Mode