bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 25th Jan 2012, 10:40   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
EVGA launches EPower VRM board

If you haven't seen it before, prepare yourself: EVGA's EPower board is an overclocker's dream.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...er-vrm-board/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 11:10   #2
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah....I think I'll let electronics engineers at the graphics card manufacturers do the task of selecting and implementing ideal VRMs for their cards, thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Main: Silverstone FT03 | Asus P8P67-M Pro | i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz | CM 212+ | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon 7970 DD | 500GB Samsung 840 Evo | CM Silent Pro Gold 600W | Samsung XL2270HD | KBT Race (brown switches) | Sidewinder X8 | Arch Linux + Windows 8.1
Server: Asus M3N78-AM | Athlon II X3 400e | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | 4x 2TB Samsung F4EG (RAID-5) | LSI MegaRAID 8708EM2 | Corsair CX400 | Arch Linux
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 11:20   #3
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Then this product is not for you!

I looks interesting and I would love to see someone from here use it!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 11:28   #4
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Interesting, just taking the same idea people used when they cut of 480 power circuitry, and soldered that on to provide better power.

And Longweight, has already been done

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219478

Edit:
http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744

You can see how long it's been in development, and an example of him doing the same thing just with another card, rather than a purpose built device.
Old 25th Jan 2012, 11:30   #5
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Ugh, double post.
Old 25th Jan 2012, 12:08   #6
RevDarny
Supermodder

RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.RevDarny is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks like it could be a good Idea if you were into the hardcore side of overclocking with more exotic cooling but i'm not sure i'd use it on my home pc.

Looking at some of the soldering that those guys in the link have done really makes me cringe.
Old 25th Jan 2012, 13:16   #7
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very interesting. I suggested something akin to this as part of my entry for last years competition run by Asus - Modular VRM's.

Now, if eVGA could make this a truly modular design without any soldering required, then imagine how motherboard design could be taken. First the VRM's, then the CPU socket and RAM sockets all on daughterboards. It'd be like 1989 again, but this time with enthusiast class kit allowing us to seriously customise kit to suit.

I know it eeks of diversity which adds cost, but done right I think this is the nugget of a genius idea. After all, i had the same one ...sort of
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 13:52   #8
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If I could use Liquid Nitrogen without being moaned at I would use this if it meant I could really push my hardware to it's limit's and beyond for some suicide run's.

I would love this sort of thing to be able to be bought and slotted on to the board's meaning we could choose what we run on the board's in term's of VRM's etc.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 17:13   #9
ZERO <ibis>
Supermodder

ZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the DremelZERO <ibis> has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What is really cool is that if this tech takes off to daughter boards it can really open up a new age of durability as well. Motherboards are getting very expensive for the high range and this tech would let you replace just the daughter board in the event of a vrm failure instead of the entire board. This could also make things faster and easier for servers! Time to replace daughter board < time to replace motherboard.
Old 25th Jan 2012, 21:04   #10
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
File this under Ultraextremecoollollercoaster or whatever it is BT refer to it now as.
Old 25th Jan 2012, 21:21   #11
Chiller1
Hybrid Level 10 building

Chiller1 has yet to learn the way of the DremelChiller1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219478

results and lots of pics on bit-tech forum
Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz cl8 12Gb, Killer 2100
Chiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jan 2012, 00:41   #12
Madness_3d
Bit-Tech/Asus OC Winner

Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Madness_3d - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Top notch idea for some serious extreme overclocking
XFXScorpio911 ¦ PHENOM II X4 965 @ 4.02Ghz ¦ SLI GTX 480 1536MB¦ ASUS CROSSHAIR II FORMULA ¦ 4GB OCZ REAPER 1066 5-5-4-8 2T¦ CORSAIR HYDRO H50 ¦ CORSAIR F60 ¦ WINDOWS 7 HP 64bit ¦ Musings On The Technical World ¦ Steam
Madness_3d is offline   Reply With Quote