bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Jan 2012, 14:52   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Valve launches Steam mobile app

Now it's even easier to spend money!

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...steam-mobile/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 15:23   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I want in on the closed beta please Valve.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 15:35   #3
improprietary
FT03 is a bitch to watercool

improprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
woot!
Old 27th Jan 2012, 15:40   #4
Cerberus90
petrolhead

Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.
I was looking for something like this just the other day on Android, mainly for chat as some people I can only contact through steam chat, , and so when I'm away from the PC or its off, this could be really handy.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 15:56   #5
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
I really wish they'd invest the efforts on a fully-functional Linux client for Steam instead and start porting some of the source games over.

Last edited by Zurechial; 27th Jan 2012 at 16:29.
Zurechial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 17:15   #6
Scarlet0pimp
Minimodder

Scarlet0pimp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Damn no WP7 version yet
Scarlet0pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 17:46   #7
Tyr
Multimodder

Tyr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
About damned time! I have been wanting a mobile app with friends/chat so that I can see who is online without needing to turn my PC on.
Old 27th Jan 2012, 18:30   #8
srgtherasta
Supermodder

srgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for presidentsrgtherasta should be considered for president
I posted this already but it seems to have disappeared so, cool app but i want to be able to buy a game on it at work and have it download to my pc at home. Steam make it happen!
srgtherasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 19:13   #9
OWNED66
Multimodder

OWNED66 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurechial View Post
I really wish they'd invest the efforts on a fully-functional Linux client for Steam instead and start porting some of the source games over.
crossover works well
OWNED66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 19:15   #10
Tasslehoff
Multimodder

Tasslehoff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whats WP7?

Oh & really want to try this out on iOS & android although I would guess there will be no differences
Win7 Home 64bit / Intel Q8300 / Intel DQ45CB / 4GB Crucial / Sapphire 5570 / OCZ ModXstream 500W / 2x Intel X25-V (boot/app) & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB (storage) / Optiarc AD-7241S / Antec 300 / Akasa AK-MX010 / Acer 17"
Tasslehoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 19:16   #11
gosh
Multimodder

gosh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
missed some lovely steam sales 'cos the browser version of steam store didn't want to take my money or kept blocking me from logging in on my mobile, plus store frontpage is an arse to load and browse on a phone with slow internet so nice one.
gosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 19:23   #12
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.Sloth is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
About damned time! I have been wanting a mobile app with friends/chat so that I can see who is online without needing to turn my PC on.
This is what's got me the most interested. Between Skype and Steam I should be able to communicate with people using my phone just as I would from my PC.
Old 27th Jan 2012, 20:16   #13
nemo
Foregone Destruction

nemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnemo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now gf will be able to see how much time I spend in Skyrim ...

CPU : Intel Core i7 930 / Mobo: Asus P6TSE / RAM : 6gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-24 / Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870 1gb / CpuCool: Titan Fenrir Xmas / PSU: Antec True Power New TP-650 / 1Tb F3 / Mouse : Logitech G7 Wireless / Case : Fractal Design Define R2 Silver Arrow / OS : Windws 7 Ultimate / Firefox
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 20:40   #14
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
All i want/need is the chat
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | 2xGTX 570 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 21:01   #15
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Just got my invite after registering my interest yesterday; first impressions are pretty good.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2012, 21:17   #16
Blazza181
SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.Blazza181 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked View Post
Just got my invite after registering my interest yesterday; first impressions are pretty good.
Me jealous.
Blazza181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2012, 00:05   #17
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazza181 View Post
Me jealous.
Well it seems to haven given me some invites. I'm sure it would invite you too if you registered but by all means add me as a friend (steam details in sig) and I'll try to send a you an invite

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2012, 00:35   #18
smc8788
potato

smc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousmc8788 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked View Post
Well it seems to haven given me some invites. I'm sure it would invite you too if you registered but by all means add me as a friend (steam details in sig) and I'll try to send a you an invite
I just got access too, but I'm pretty sure it only gives you one invite (at least I only have one in my inventory).
Other stuff I own: [BenQ XL2411T/Dell 2407WFP] - [Razer Blackwidow Tournament Stealth] - [Zowie FK] - [Sennheiser HD800] - [Audez'e LCD2 rev. 2] - [Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies] - [Philips 46PFL9705H] - [Onkyo TX-NR515] - [B&W 685]

[Steam] - [Battlelog]
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jan 2012, 00:40   #19
yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.yodasarmpit is definitely a rep cheat.
Wait, so it's msn for your steam mates?
Old 28th Jan 2012, 00:59   #20
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
Wait, so it's msn for your steam mates?
It is pretty much everything you have in your Steam client, except downloading and installing the the games. Included are the friends & groups (including chat), store, wishlist and community features.