bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Mar 2014, 18:36   #1
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Retro Future

Hi guys sorry to do this before things got of the ground but the original plan for the Plant Stand has had a major evolution and the stand will house a NUC for my HiFi PC and be in Part II.

What i have decided to do its take an old Hall table and use that as the base for the build.
on top of this will be a Box to keep the components in that is to be covered in leather. This will also be the mounting point for the monitor and all be able to come apart with ease.

Hardware:

AMD A10 7850K
AsRock FM2A88X-itx+
Palit GTX 670
4 Gb OCZ Gold Ram
Corsair Force GS 128Gb x 2 Raid 0
PSU BeQuiet 430W

Cooling:
EK supremacy
360MM Alpha cool rad
EK DCP 2.2 pump
Phobya 250mm res
Alphacool 100mm res
Various EK fittings all custom painted

Corsair K60 (Copper)
The Table.
[IMG][/IMG]

The Box
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The M/B

The CPU Block
[IMG][/IMG]

Some Paint and bits.
[IMG][/IMG]

Fittings pre paint
[IMG][/IMG]

and after paint
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Corsair Force GS Copper Edition
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The Plant Stand will be Part II with my Teac DAC/AMP and an Intel NUC more on this later

This week will see major updates on the progress of the Box.

Last edited by montymole; 1st Apr 2014 at 00:40. Reason: Total Change of Plan and Design
montymole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 12:06   #2
BeauchN
Supermodder

BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.BeauchN is definitely a rep cheat.
Looks cool, can't wait to see how this turns out.

BeauchN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 15:31   #3
Boorach
Supermodder

Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.
Great idea. Look forward to following your progress.
Boorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 18:13   #4
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Moar Steampunk. Nice!

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 00:48   #5
montymole
Rigid Tubist

montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.montymole is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Guys this is going to be like more up market steam punk not just a case with some cogs and gears on the idea for me is to let the hardware and cooling be the focal points i was thinking about the whale oil from Dishonored really want to be more original the liquid will need a eerie glow to it .
Old 9th Mar 2014, 12:33   #6
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montymole View Post
Thanks Guys this is going to be like more up market steam punk not just a case with some cogs and gears on...

I agree that a lot of "Steampunk" efforts just glue some random brass cogs to a surface. Not my idea of Steampunk either. What you call upmarket Steampunk I probably refer to as "Diamond Age Steampunk", after Neal Stephenson's novel.

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 13:58   #7
AlderonnX
Multimodder

AlderonnX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post

I agree that a lot of "Steampunk" efforts just glue some random brass cogs to a surface. Not my idea of Steampunk either. What you call upmarket Steampunk I probably refer to as "Diamond Age Steampunk", after Neal Stephenson's novel.
I love this song... Thanks!

Also OP we need updates, and I do think this is going to be a proper steampunk.

Also If you get a friend request from a Giant drinking a Mountain Dew on Facebook thats me...
AlderonnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2014, 23:56   #8
thenotincluded
Minimodder

thenotincluded has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Clever idea, I'll be following this build.
thenotincluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2014, 15:32   #9
montymole
Rigid Tubist

The Corsair K60 Copper and Roman Bronze
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 6th Apr 2014, 16:55   #10
Mrhunter
Minimodder

Mrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMrhunter - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by montymole View Post
The Corsair K60 Copper and Roman Bronze
[IMG][/IMG]
Keyboards looking great
Mrhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2014, 23:50   #11
Concept73
Wannabe modder.

Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.Concept73 is definitely a rep cheat.
Build coming along nicely, and my god that keyboard is gorgeous!
Concept73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2014, 23:55   #12
montymole
Rigid Tubist

Thanks Concept 73 took some hours to mask the switches but worth it i think
Old 8th Apr 2014, 00:17   #13
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Loving the paint so far! Do you plan on doing anything with the keyboard keycaps?
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2014, 01:30   #14
montymole
Rigid Tubist

well right now i am working on the leather that i am covering the mdf box up i am lookng at a way of doing the tops of keys in leather and maybe paint the side's of keys in a different color buy i will have to have a little play with the spare keys
Old 8th Apr 2014, 01:38   #15
Luciel
Lamptron Europe

Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Luciel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
<--- sucker for copper right here. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Luciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2014, 11:48   #16
montymole
Rigid Tubist

Hey folks for everyone who is interested in this project will be big updates this week. thanks guys
Old 8th Apr 2014, 23:22   #17
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

View Mode