bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 25th Feb 2012, 17:58   #181
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Thats some seriously nice handiwork Wayne. I think this is going to turn into an epic build mate...top modding dude..
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 08:44   #182
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The parts look awsome and allot of hours spend on them all ready. Keep them updates comming.
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 18:13   #183
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Parts:

velcro + sander: I had an image of a horrible, afro-related accident.

Hold down scratching: HDPE is your friend. You know that soft plastic they use on shampoo bottles? A layer of that on the hold down will stop the scratching. Of course, if little bits of aluminum get under it, it cancels that.
Cheers cheaps, I'll give that a try mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloFunky View Post
Thats some really nice progress, from the pics the sawing looks like cnc quality.

Bet ya glad you started with the 10mm, should be easier now your onto thinner thicknesses.

ive used 12mm ally on my last metal build and that makes it heavy, so im guessing yours is gonna get heavy also, even though its a mini build as such.

I can actually see how its gonna go together, although youve only got panels as such yet.

I always thought it would maybe a good idea for all the modders on here to work on a project together (prob be too much not like that, like this though) may end up in a bit of a brawl, so maybe not?.

Oh, and stop with this flu and nonsense, men dont get ill .

Carry on.
Thanks you Pablo just wish I could go as fast as CNC but at least I can in the video I made things are soooo much nicer to cut after getting past the 10mm alu.

The bulk of the weight in this build is the 3mm alu, weighs a ton but I will probably make a load of additional cut out patterns in all of the plain panels to lighten it up a lot but so it still retains it's strength, pile more work but would be worth doing.

A team project sounds awesome & I'd be up for it only issue I see with it is what to do with it once it's made, sell it & share the money as well as all put equal amounts to the funding of it?.

If I was to get ill again I'd probably end up getting seriously ill with it mutating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Thats some seriously nice handiwork Wayne. I think this is going to turn into an epic build mate...top modding dude..
Thank you Jeff made it so I'm extremely busy with this now because of that mini dead line I set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
The parts look awsome and allot of hours spend on them all ready. Keep them updates comming.
Thanks Paslis & will do mate.

It was proving to be a tad difficult searching through the 3mm alu I cut up to get the project started which I didn't label what cuts were what so it took an hour or 2 just to work out which are which & get them all labelled so continue I could.

Took me about 24 hours altogether to cut close to all the edges & cut spot on the seams for the multi page templates, just decided to get them ALL done so they are ready for sticking to the materials, will make for a lot less messing.

So with the 10th March deadline I set for myself I have 12 days with 1 of them being today a partial day to cut it ALL now lol.

I will do updates every 2 days showing how much I'm getting through.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 18:31   #184
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Good stuff! Lets see it cut.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 18:44   #185
Metrodusa
Minimodder

Metrodusa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking forward to seeing that done. This project is awesome.
Metrodusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:03   #186
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Good stuff! Lets see it cut.
I'm eager to get cracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrodusa View Post
Looking forward to seeing that done. This project is awesome.
Thanks Metrodusa

Knowing the spray adhesive is only good for basic not so complex cut panels I'll cover the complex panels in power prit stick & spray the templates also to make sure they stay held down so I'll do those panels in a few days when I have more prit stick but get all the basic ones done in the meantime.
Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:20   #187
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm going to buy you a CNC so you don't end up 40 and bald from all of this manual cutting.
Old 28th Feb 2012, 21:26   #188
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Like a BOSS! Totally forgot to follow this one, but going trough the pages I can see that you have not disapointed!

Keep up the splendid work mate I have a soft spot for thick alu plates worked by hand xD
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 22:27   #189
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Knowing the spray adhesive is only good for basic not so complex cut panels I'll cover the complex panels in power prit stick & spray the templates also to make sure they stay held down so I'll do those panels in a few days when I have more prit stick but get all the basic ones done in the meantime.
Actually just remembered I bought some a4 sticker sheets so printed & cut & taped together the complex panels so I'll be able to do the complex ones first, deadline has already shrunk to 11 days to get a load of cutting done but I'm confident & can do it so early night for me & a really busy day tomorrow to get an update made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achron View Post
I'm going to buy you a CNC so you don't end up 40 and bald from all of this manual cutting.
Awesome comment Achron

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Like a BOSS! Totally forgot to follow this one, but going trough the pages I can see that you have not disapointed!

Keep up the splendid work mate I have a soft spot for thick alu plates worked by hand xD
Thanks p0Pe mate
Old 29th Feb 2012, 01:37   #190
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Was a little concerned about sticking the busiest templates to the material with the weak spray adhesive but remembered I bought 50 a4 sticker sheets so printed all the busiest panels on them & got them cut up & taped together & did a final measure of them to make sure they are spot on & just stuck them to the alu.

I'll get busy drilling for access & cut them tomorrow but I'd be nicely surprised if I manage doing them all tomorrow but think it's doable, there is the front & back & both sides of the gamer rig & the rear htpc panel which are all the most detailed panels for the aluminium so expect updates to be rolling every 2 days from now with the first of them tomorrow evening or night.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:35   #191
AK71
Multimodder

AK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for president
Awesome job so far Waynio! Still a long way to go though... You've inspired me to maybe try my hand at some aluminium fabrication
Old 29th Feb 2012, 17:54   #192
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK71 View Post
Awesome job so far Waynio! Still a long way to go though... You've inspired me to maybe try my hand at some aluminium fabrication
Thanks AK, thin alu like 0.5mm to 2mm is nice to work, for bending 1mm or less is ideal 3mm is not too bad to cut but the thicker you go the longer it takes & the harder it is to bend it like you want to I see some using routers or filing to weaken the alu at bending points where they want to help bend chunkier alu easier but I'd rather stay with what works best without need for doing that like 1mm for curving or bending & just reinforce it which will make it just as strong & would also be lighter but will mean more parts.

After seeing your modding skill I'd say you'll be fine using alu mate, I started off with thin 1mm alu sheet & flat bars & angle bars, was a heck of a learning curve going straight at scratch builds & aluminium from my first but could definitely feel the progression with each new rig.

------

So I'm staying with the do the lengthiest bits first & remembering I bought some a4 sticker sheets I chose to tackle the busiest aluminium panels of the build out of the mountain of alu I have to cut up.

Freshly cut, taped together, stuck on & drilled ready for cutting, only about 4 holes I think needed to be 1mm holes, all the rest were 2mm.

This is what I was hoping to do lol.
Took ???????? to do 1 of the gamer side panels
Took ???????? to do the gamer back.
Took ???????? to do the gamer front.
Took ???????? to do the htpc back.

But it took an hour to cut 6 of the smallest cut outs on 1 of the gamer side panels lol wow this will take quite a while but to be honest these tiny cut outs take far more effort to do than the bigger cut outs so I might still manage to complete 1 panel today & if I do I'll do another update later to complete this particular update but still aiming for an update every 2 days & these high volume cut out panels are definitely the most time consuming out of all of them besides the 10mm stuff already done.

Anodised colour selection I'll know for sure which colours I'll want once everything is built up.

Now I'll get right back into it but felt I was going at it for quite a while & not getting very far so stopped to check how long I was going to get those 6 tiny pieces out lol but it is very quiet work so I could go all day, all night & all day again which I very well might do & just take a 40 break every few hours to watch an episode of Chuck.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 17:58   #193
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow that is some dedication my friend, and if your previoous projects are anything to go by, this will be immense! I hope my metalworking skills one day match up or even get close to yours, subbing this deffo!
Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT
Interior Des(k)ign | BitPac | Bitfenix Prodigy Stacker
Modding is addictive!![/CENTER]
wejjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 19:39   #194
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
I actually like the lime green finish there.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 19:52   #195
Achron
Cad Pro Quo

Achron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the DremelAchron has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Mmmmm titanium finish. Yum.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 20:22   #196
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great work so far waynio, Violet and Gun Metal Grey look great together.
But could you live with a Violet computer ?
Old 29th Feb 2012, 20:40   #197
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Ouch! That is some life-consuming alu cutting... Brave you are, brave!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 20:56   #198
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Angel OD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Damn... I can't imagine cutting all that...

I'm torn... Ambivalent... I really wan't you to reach your deadling, but I also REALLY want to see you slap yourself in the face!

Keep it up man! Dedication that a Shaolin Monk would drop his jaw at!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 21:45   #199
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alain-s is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Lol that is a LOT of work u got there Waynio
I have bin following this new build from u from the beginning. I never knew what to say every time i saw your progress. Because i just didn't had the right words for it.

Good look with sawing and maybe place the coffee maker next to your jigsaw
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 22:00   #200
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
No words here, thats the most crazy amount of work ever bro! I wish you patience and strength my friend. About the anodize.... gunmetal and red perhaps? Mod on bro you rock!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual pc, heavy bottom, modular, top heavy

View Mode