bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st Feb 2012, 20:35   #41
bugeye
Sleep Deprived

bugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks like you've got it covered then

This is already looking sooooooo good , something about properly thick bits of metal and you went with my favourite out all your designs
bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 20:40   #42
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Dang it Waynio... I've spent the last hour looking at scroll saws now.... You've got me wanting one!
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 00:21   #43
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Looks like you've got it covered then

This is already looking sooooooo good , something about properly thick bits of metal and you went with my favourite out all your designs
Cheers mate I'll give the other blades a try on the 10mm alu because there is still quite a lot to do of that & I don't rule out tips ever, could well be right & the 12 TPI or 25 TPI cut it easier.

I love the way Attila left frames made from bars in the past, just looks really cool while adding a ton of strength compared to normal bars & my alu supplier really improved to get customers back so the option to go chunky was a real one now without it costing heaps, but there is some basic bar frame work going on in the gaming case but it's all hidden from view & it's a pretty complex self supporting frame work that plays an essential part of the rigs functionality, glad I managed to put a lot of thought into the design this time.

Hope to get the HTPC side panels done tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Dang it Waynio... I've spent the last hour looking at scroll saws now.... You've got me wanting one!
Sorry can't be helped as I'll be making a lot of it with the scrollsaw , I feel the same about mills & lathes & even routers but think a router is within my reach at least .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 01:46   #44
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Sorry can't be helped as I'll be making a lot of it with the scrollsaw , I feel the same about mills & lathes & even routers but think a router is within my reach at least .
I have a router... or two.... But I wouldn't mind a mill either oh the fun that could be had with no budget restrictions.....
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:41   #45
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Seeing as you pulled the last one off in spectacular style, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 18:22   #46
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Can't bear to miss any of this! Wonderful stuff once again!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 22:55   #47
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I have a router... or two.... But I wouldn't mind a mill either oh the fun that could be had with no budget restrictions.....
Certainly would be fun eh.

And like people with mills say, you always want something even better & I expect it's very true.
And then people with full access to the best stuff, they just say lets make something amazingly awesome.
And then you get average joe modders often making highly excellent stuff with normal tools but takes forever to do.

I only know how satisfying it is to do the long way when you have all your pieces ready to put together but it is a really awesome feeling putting those final bits together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
Seeing as you pulled the last one off in spectacular style, I'll be keeping a close eye on this one!
Cheers Antony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Can't bear to miss any of this! Wonderful stuff once again!
Cheers Kidmod.

Started a bit late but because of skipping yesterday I just wouldn't stop until I got 1 of them done.

Tried the 12 TPI & they cut really well but only for about 2 inches & then they get pretty blunt & struggle to cut more so I'll stick to the 18 TPI, seem to get a whole lot more done with those on the 10mm alu.

Snap, this happens more than I like but not too often.

Continue

Neeeeeed fuel awesome pasta pesto 10 minute quick fix of goodness with a good kick of scorching chillies.

Woo hoooooo feeling 50 times better so time to get this panel finished.

More soon
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 17:08   #48
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Wonderful stuff! And a great meal.
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 17:14   #49
Monsieur R.
In cornichons I trust.

Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Monsieur R. - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Finally you're done with this part. Will you file the inner part, or are you satisfied with the finish ? I'm amazed how this tool can create regular edges. Very nice and clean.
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 18:20   #50
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Wonderful stuff! And a great meal.
But it really takes a big toll on the patience thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur R. View Post
Finally you're done with this part. Will you file the inner part, or are you satisfied with the finish ? I'm amazed how this tool can create regular edges. Very nice and clean.
I'm sure I could have used a jigsaw for this getting it close to where I want it & filed it in a far quicker time but for some reason I cut right up to the lines which takes a lot of concentration with it moving so slow, but with it being up to the line it will only need a light sanding to get them exactly how I want them & I have an idea for making my own sanding blades to make quick work of it, an easy idea I started doing a while ago of using strips of paper pulled tight on both ends & pull back & forth through the material to get it smooth, I'm thinking a piece of card with various grits of wet dry paper stuck to it on both sides & use it as a scroll saw blade, the saw allows for a slack tension up to tight where you place the blades.

At this moment though I'm unable to do zombie endurance focus mode so need some better mental stimulation so I'm going to have a gaming session for the rest of today.

Working the scroll saw is fun but only for easier materials, the band saw blades eat through the 10mm alu really well at a good pace so I'll mod a couple of them to allow me to do curve cuts easier & I should be able to get a lot done tomorrow then.

It takes an incredible amount of time to get through while keeping it so the edges only need a light sanding so I'm going to grind down 1 of the band saw blades so they are able to do curves better, my patience to get through the 10mm with super thin fretsaw blades has vanished.
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 20:39   #51
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Figured it would only take a couple of minutes to mod a band saw blade by grinding it so went & done it & tested it & it works awesome.

Took a few seconds to get from the start hole to be just inside the line for the cutting & can easily do the curves I need it to while eating though it nicely.

And since I'm not 100% happy with the front chunky piece for the HTPC because of a tiny error while getting used to the 10mm alu I will continue to do the whole project & make notes of any bits I botch so I can make another order to re do any bad parts so it all stays to plan.

I looked on ebay for 10mm alu plate & it is far more expensive than the place I buy from, to get a replacement piece from the shop it would be 3 on ebay it would be 21 for double what I need so if I wait until I have all panels & bars ready to fix together then I won't waste money on postage unnecessarily.
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 22:24   #52
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Sticking to the line - Check!

Good job man, can't wait to see this beast come together!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 23:55   #53
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Looking good mate!! Good thinking with the band saw blade... Never figured me for an ALU guy, but that 10mm looks sweeeeeeet potato!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 07:00   #54
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Sticking to the line - Check!

Good job man, can't wait to see this beast come together!
Cheers Martin it was going unbelievably slow when using the fretsaw blades but think I should get all this 10mm alu done nice & fast now & even get the edges cleaned up with the sanding blade idea, might even be able to do that simply by folding over some wet dry paper & placing a piece of card in between so it can be held in without ripping, I'll test out the sanding idea today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Looking good mate!! Good thinking with the band saw blade... Never figured me for an ALU guy, but that 10mm looks sweeeeeeet potato!
Cheers mate & switching to the modded blades will let me breeze through the 10mm now compared to the fretsaw blades.

Hope to make some significant progress today especially with being up at a good time.
Old 4th Feb 2012, 11:23   #55
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Soooooo much better than days getting nowhere, took about 2 hours to do.

Next up is the bigger plates shown here.
Old 4th Feb 2012, 12:39   #56
bugeye
Sleep Deprived

bugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post

mmmmm chunky
bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 13:35   #57
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
mmmmm chunky
It had a very successful diet there weighs loads less now.

Just got the stand design printed & cut ready for sticking to the last of the 10mm plate & I'll be using the adhesive spray so should be a quick task.
Old 4th Feb 2012, 14:44   #58
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Amazing job and perfect cuts there bro!!! Are u a robot or something?? Man you have a natural talent in modding thats for sure!!!! And I love the pace of the updates!!!! Mod on brother!!!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 14:58   #59
Marcos_Viegas
Supermodder

Marcos_Viegas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
These cuts in aluminum are perfect as always!

Congratulations Master Waynio, as always doing your projects to perfection!

EDIT:
I forgot to say I finished my new project http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=218830

Last edited by Marcos_Viegas; 4th Feb 2012 at 15:04.
Marcos_Viegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 15:18   #60
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

This is coming along quickly and ever so nicely! Well done!

Tags
dual pc, heavy bottom, modular, top heavy

View Mode