Old 19th Feb 2012, 13:52   #141
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hope you get well soon Waynio theres nothing worse than the flu
Old 19th Feb 2012, 14:25   #142
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Stop getting ill and mod!
Anyway, hope you get through it quickly, and have a good, headache free recovery.
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Feb 2012, 15:51   #143
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Wayne if it's the same bug we have here you will need some good rest to get over it.

All the best mate. We can wait an extra day or 2
Old 19th Feb 2012, 17:27   #144
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Get well soon.
If you want a printed template of the curved bit, you copy take one side and flatten each of the sections. You can do it with the rotation tool or with one of the ruby scripts from the net.
There will be some distortion thanks to the thickness of the material, but it will be good enough for you to get the holes and stuff right.

Don't read that while sick. I won't make sense.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 02:04   #145
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
hope you get well soon Waynio theres nothing worse than the flu
Ugh so do I, feel sheet thanks peteski.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Stop getting ill and mod!
Anyway, hope you get through it quickly, and have a good, headache free recovery.
Cheers kidmod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
Wayne if it's the same bug we have here you will need some good rest to get over it.

All the best mate. We can wait an extra day or 2
Ahh I dunno, think I'd be groaning more if I just try recovering doing nothing thanks though Craig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Get well soon.
If you want a printed template of the curved bit, you copy take one side and flatten each of the sections. You can do it with the rotation tool or with one of the ruby scripts from the net.
There will be some distortion thanks to the thickness of the material, but it will be good enough for you to get the holes and stuff right.

Don't read that while sick. I won't make sense.
Cheers cheaps, I understand that should be a fair bit quicker than adding up stacks of measurements cheers dude.

Here is the bits I needed to cut the prints nicely.

Back to the 10mm alu, turned out it was delivered next door & the courier didn't leave a note so I waited in 2 full days for nothing, annoying to say the least.

As soon as I lost a cold, my bro gave me the flu arrrrrgh lol but I wouldn't let it hold me down, figured if I stay in bed groaning or sit at my pc moaning I may as well mod on because I'll feel like crap whatever I do except making progress really appealed to me after so little lately.

I could have done pictures again but I already done that for these htpc pieces but in wrong size so I thought an ultra speed video of the whole cutting process which is 3 hours 38 minutes at normal speed but I reencoded it twice at 12 speed so 24 speed but doesn't add up for the 1 minute 30 seconds of fast video but whatever.

Ooohh I wish I could work that fast.
My first & only youtube vid until I get around to upgrading my camera to a 550d.

I only intended to do an example of how slow it cuts for 1 straight edge but thought meh I'll do a full panel, used my old kodak z950 which is why it isn't great quality.

I'll be going quiet again now until I have the other panel & the front low piece done so I can move on to the easier to cut panels.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 02:24   #146
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Wayne if you cut that fast I don't know how many finger tips would be lost.

I didn't hear one moan, so modding is your cure.

Real nice working video.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 14:27   #147
GLA-58
Minimodder

GLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the DremelGLA-58 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just got a little dizzy these hands were moving to fast
GLA-58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 14:27   #148
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:

I didn't hear one moan, so modding is your cure.

Real nice working video.
Cheers craig. It's 21GB squished into 20MB. Now I just need to go do the same again today.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 14:28   #149
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLA-58 View Post
Just got a little dizzy these hands were moving to fast
Old 20th Feb 2012, 20:10   #150
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Cheers craig. It's 21GB squished into 20MB. Now I just need to go do the same again today.
Thats a lot of squashing mate...lol
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 20:33   #151
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Welcome to Youtube Wayne.
KidMod-Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 20:39   #152
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
My thought exactly!

I do believe that the video needs a bit of Rammstein, but I like the work!

Get well soon m8!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Feb 2012, 20:58   #153
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very cool video. That really is one slick scrollsaw. You make me jealous Wayne.

How nice of your brother to give you the flu. Very thoughtful of him. You are like me in that I hate just sitting around when I'm not feeling good. I have to be feeling really bad to stay in bed. Otherwise I usually piddle around online or something.
Old 20th Feb 2012, 21:31   #154
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Thats a lot of squashing mate...lol
It was

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Welcome to Youtube Wayne.
About time eh, how long has it been going lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
My thought exactly!

I do believe that the video needs a bit of Rammstein, but I like the work!

Get well soon m8!
I'd have loved to have put some music on it but couldn't be doing with getting hassled from dull lawyers you'd think musicians would be chuffed people like their music enough to put it on things like this. They might be & it could even help get them some extra sales but not lawyers who like to stand in the way of progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
Very cool video. That really is one slick scrollsaw. You make me jealous Wayne.

How nice of your brother to give you the flu. Very thoughtful of him. You are like me in that I hate just sitting around when I'm not feeling good. I have to be feeling really bad to stay in bed. Otherwise I usually piddle around online or something.
Thanks voigts sorry it makes you jealous though mate.
Yeah best to just keep busy, it feels like it passes quicker but like you say if I was seriously bad I'd be in bed trying to sleep it off, I'd say it's man flu not proper flu that really holds you down.

I would have got a picture of the right sized htpc sides with the stands sides but I still only have the 1 memory card so couldn't just take it out to take some shots yesterday but they line up as expected with lips but my next update I'll show that & all edges sanded as well as how I go on making sanding blades.

So close to completing this 10mm alu now, think I'll push on & get it completed over the next few hours.

My bro has kind of moved out & he has a gtx 580 sat doing nothing in his rig so I'm gonna slip it out of his & sli it with mine to see what kind of improvement it offers. Can't believe I've only just thought of doing that.

So I'll take a couple days off the project once this 10mm alu is done & see if it's worth doubling up 2 580's permanently or not.
Old 21st Feb 2012, 00:38   #155
Cleveland216
Carbon Fiber King

Cleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the DremelCleveland216 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That video is really cool! You are the poster child for dedication, because I dont think I could sit there for 3+ hours and do that! Great work!
Cleveland216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Feb 2012, 01:32   #156
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland216 View Post
That video is really cool! You are the poster child for dedication, because I dont think I could sit there for 3+ hours and do that! Great work!
I aim to do 1 or 2 continuous cuts in a quick session which takes roughly 15 to 30 minutes for each straight cut or part of a curve cut, take a 5 to 10 minute break for a needed change of scenario & get back to it.

Did the same thing today & finished about 20 minutes ago & the front 10mm panel so all the 10mm alu is now cut, woooooooo.

Tomorrow or later rather I'll see if my sanding blade thought bubbles actually work.
Old 21st Feb 2012, 02:42   #157
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

Yahooooo 10mm done
Old 21st Feb 2012, 05:04   #158
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Yahooooo 10mm done
Oh yeah

LOL I just couldn't go to bed with being eager to try the sanding blade idea out since all the 10mm alu is now cut.

First up I tried making a simple sheet at the size of a band saw blade, it snapped as soon as I tried tightening it.

This is the example piece fresh after cutting.

Next I cut double wide to fold it over, this allows for it to be used even at high speed & has some flexibility to it but is still quite prone to ripping out of the holder but as shown on a bit of the front piece it does the job nicely but takes too long to get the finish I'm after, want that finish & better, no teeth marks at all & possibly a polished edge I should have tried to quad it up which should give it pretty good strength which I'll try when I go at it next.

Other thoughts to do it is card in the middle of a folded piece of sand paper or if I want really stiff then something like the band saw blades but without the teeth & smoothed edges all around, 1mm aluminium might do, or 0.5mm stainless steel which I think would be the ultimate for doing this & would be reusable over & over, I do know I'd be best starting the process off at 100 grit or maybe even less to get the bulk of the teeth marks out & maybe work towards 1000 or 2000, it's getting rid of all the teeth marks that's going to be time consuming, from there it will come to a good shine very quickly.

Here is how the stand side panel was intended to look like with the htpc side panel & a shot of all the 10mm alu freshly cut ready for smoothing, I'll be saving getting rid of teeth marks & polishing the edges until the last step of the project but want to get prepared for how I'll do that.

Old 21st Feb 2012, 05:25   #159
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

Wayne I would use a file, flat and a half round, this will remove the teeth marks quickly and then wrap sandpaper around file and sand. Should be much quicker working.
Old 21st Feb 2012, 06:03   #160
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Quote:
Wayne I would use a file, flat and a half round, this will remove the teeth marks quickly and then wrap sandpaper around file and sand. Should be much quicker working.
Might do that but if I do I'll have to be ultra careful doing it with all the cuts being precisely where they are needed, could easily be botched up going at it with a file.

All those lines are smooth, just a visible eyesore if anything.

Tags
dual pc, heavy bottom, modular, top heavy

View Mode