bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 1st Feb 2012, 08:48   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Bit-tech Case Mod Index Update

We take a look at the Index after its first active week, including the addition of stats.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2012...index-update/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 10:02   #2
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd be too scared to take a Dremel to a a TJ07!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 970 - Asus P8Z77-I - 8GB 1866 - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80 - 450W SFX

29" Ultrawide, Oculus Rift & X52 Pro
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 10:47   #3
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Scratch-build sorting by material might work... what about sorting by use; HTPC, gaming, server... console, car pc ;-)

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 12:18   #4
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Personally I think you should have images for each case mod. The whole layout also seems a bit bare and makeshift, I realise you don't have the time to design a new layout for a pilot scheme right away but I think it would make everything 50% better.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 13:14   #5
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits
Personally I think you should have images for each case mod. The whole layout also seems a bit bare and makeshift, I realise you don't have the time to design a new layout for a pilot scheme right away but I think it would make everything 50% better.
We did think about this, but if it expands like we expect it will, there will be simply too many projects if you include pictures and we'll quickly run out of space. After all, it's not meant to be a gallery or list of case mods, - it's an index which allows you to quickly and easily find projects that have used a specific case or have used water cooling.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 13:28   #6
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
images?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
No.
</paraphrasing>

Not even an itty-bitty 40px2 modder submitted thumbnail?

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 15:54   #7
ModSquid
Multimodder

ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ModSquid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Got to be honest, I agree with the suggestion of thumbnails. What if you're building a mod into a certain case, but want inspiration from other case sources? You'd have to go through every single link to see if there was anything that caught your eye.

Doesn't the existing method also artificially restrict case mods to be very similar according to brand?
ModSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 19:40   #8
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Been nice catching up on some I never seen before. And nearly went & necro bumped some but held back.

Can understand no images, would be too much when the database catches up with all the awesome projects that have passed through here, probably thousands.

Still looking forward to the scratch build database.

For the format for that I'd say.
Primary Material
Form factor Type
I would say pro or amateur but that's probably nit picking. But then again if it's to serve as inspiration to others maybe not, if people believe the only way to make quality metal work is with high caliber machines then everyone will think that's the only way to do this.

Last edited by Waynio; 3rd Feb 2012 at 19:49.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 08:27   #9
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Having thought of the pro or amateur approach bit it is silly because it goes on a lot in case mods & it mostly falls on deaf ears anyway or people selectively choose which DIYers to acknowledge.

So forget the pro/amateur bit.

I could go the pro way but it would explode my budgets & I wouldn't learn new skills & I'd have to give the credit to the machines more than myself.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2012, 15:10   #10
Xye
Supermodder

Xye has yet to learn the way of the DremelXye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The thumbnails is a good idea IF when you hover over them you get a decent sized picture.
CNC Controller: E8500@3.3GHz (unable to push further)| Asus P5N-D|8800GTS|Barracuda 250Gb| Condensation (Case)
Xye is offline   Reply With Quote