bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Feb 2012, 09:48   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Illuminate your PC - Part 1

We show you numerous ways of illuminating your PC, in the first of a three part guide...

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/guid...ur-pc-part-1/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:28   #2
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I Like case illumination. I have UV tubing and sleeving but I have been too lazy to install my UV tubes since new build.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:29   #3
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yay modding guides! Not earth-shattering but a good start for the uninitiated (like myself), looking forward to more. This has put me in the notion to throw some light on my monolithic Fractal R3... maybe some LED glow from underneath and a few LED fans up top... Blue or white though?

Bonus: I found some Guides from ~2008 I never knew existed :-)

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Last edited by Vo0Ds; 2nd Feb 2012 at 10:58. Reason: Bonus
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:33   #4
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Can I swear?

This is f*cking great..... and exactly why I come to Bit Tech. I can read reviews of the latest GPUs at any site on the net, but articles like this, are what makes BT stand out from the crowd.

More please!

Edit: that said, it could be more in depth!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80

Last edited by Parge; 2nd Feb 2012 at 11:03.
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:07   #5
Hopelessness
What's a Dremel?

Hopelessness has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
IMO, the key to making illumination look good and not tacky, is to make sure you can't see the source of the illumination. Just sayin'.
Hopelessness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:31   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Parts 2 and 3 will be more in-depth, just trying to cover all bases Watch this space!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:42   #7
vampalan
Multimodder

vampalan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice, back to old school, what about blow holes and windows
vampalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:56   #8
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Does it make it perform better?
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 12:21   #9
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MjFrosty
Does it make it perform better?
Of course, according to my statistics the improvements are;
orange: 1,2
green: 1,43
red: 3
blue: 235
(times the e-peen-flops)

So to get the highest performance you'll want to slap as many blue things as possible to your case.
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:00   #10
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
BT going back to what it used to be. A modding site. Interesting....
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:02   #11
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Love it Jipa... My thoughts exactly.
I've even cracked open my Logitech G500 and swapped the red DPI setting LEDs for blue.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:03   #12
SchizoFrog
Hypermodder

SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SchizoFrog is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1
BT going back to what it used to be. A modding site. Interesting....
We can but hope.
Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
SchizoFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:18   #13
Shuttlemodder
Ultramodder

Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.Shuttlemodder is definitely a rep cheat.
bit-tech.. i really hope you continue this path!
Shuttlemodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:29   #14
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is one of the only Bit-tech articles I've bothered to read all the way through in ages; easy to read and informative, keep it up!
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 13:41   #15
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus
Parts 2 and 3 will be more in-depth, just trying to cover all bases Watch this space!
Brilliant stuff!

I really meant what I said about this kind of thing making Bit Tech stand out from the crowd. These kind of guides are just awesome. I know there are lots of user guides to this sort of thing, but its nice to have the official Bit Tech take on things like this. How to guides on 'Braiding cables', Watercooling (with group tests of CPU blocks + roundups of universal blocks), cutting metal, etc etc.

I'd also love to see reviews of less mainstream components like Fan Controllers, Bay Converters,

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:06   #16
Tichinde
Supermodder

Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.Tichinde is definitely a rep cheat.
I'll be honest, having a bedroom based PC i tend to try and make my case darker

Would love to have a lightly modded up case though with some extra low lighting though.....
Tichinde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:20   #17
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge
Can I swear?

This is f*cking great..... and exactly why I come to Bit Tech. I can read reviews of the latest GPUs at any site on the net, but articles like this, are what makes BT stand out from the crowd.

More please!

Edit: that said, it could be more in depth!
Calm down. Have you been overdosing on caffeine?
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:22   #18
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is the kind of piece that many of you have been requesting, so, as promised, we're seeing how it goes down. Early signs are good!
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:25   #19
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
****ing ****ing ******* bitching YES.

I swore as well. Very good work chaps, very good work indeed.

notbad.jpg
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 15:12   #20
Adis
What's a Dremel?

Adis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice to see some moding article. PC moding is why started reading BT daily.
Adis is offline   Reply With Quote