bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:17   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
OpenPandora relaunch opens pre-orders

The OpenPandora project has opened pre-ordering for its relaunched hand-held console.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...ra-pre-order/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 14:43   #2
MrJay
You are always where you want to be

MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.MrJay is definitely a rep cheat.
450 Euros....

HTPC Silverstone Milo - A4 -5300 APU Undervolted - Biostar HI-FI A85SC - 4GB Corsair Ram Overclocked to 1600mhz - 64GB Toshiba X-Gale SSD
MrJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 21:15   #3
jcb121
Modder

jcb121 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Me want,

Is there any improvements in this Pandora over the older Pandora?
jcb121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 21:30   #4
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
We'll see this article...and then we'll never see it again until, of course, it's pulled from the market in a couple of years.

What an epic waste of money.
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 21:51   #5
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
'Texas Instruments'

They still exist? wow

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 08:07   #6
Herbicide
Lurktacular

Herbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the DremelHerbicide has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm... what about those of us that pre-ordered the first time, but still haven't got one?
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 08:33   #7
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban View Post
'Texas Instruments'

They still exist? wow
Texas instrument makes the OMAP CPU used in many smartphones. They also makes great high-end audio components under their Burr Brown brand. Texas is a great component maker ... they don't only manfacture calculators ... just take a look at their website before posting such useless comment.

* Sorry, but this kind of comment tend to drive me crazy *
* The first step to wisdom is to admit that we do not know *

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 10:00   #8
[-Stash-]
Multimodder

[-Stash-] has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When you see a RaspberryPi for $35 (http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs...ream-machine/1) you have to wonder what's causing this to cost 370!

Sure, screen, battery, case - but really? ZTE can put together a fully fledged phone with similar specs for 100 and an Xbox controller costs what? 18?

Does volume and scale really *make* 250's worth of difference?

I can't wait to see the modders make something better than this using the RaspberryPi for 100-200.
[-Stash-] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 10:29   #9
eVoPhantom
Multimodder

eVoPhantom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What kind of emulators does it support? The only real experience with emulators I have is WINUAE and SCUMMVM.

It does seem very pricey though.
eVoPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 10:43   #10
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
I was interested in it ... but a few years ago ! With Rpi around the corner and smartphone with full keybord I really do not see any interest in this Pandora anymore, especially considering the price. Too bad, because I really was a FAN.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 10:55   #11
crudbreeder
Minimodder

crudbreeder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yes, volume and scale can really make 250's worth of difference.
The BIG manufacturers literally pay peanuts for their components compared to what you pay buying from retailers or smaller wholesale dealers. Simply because they buy thousands of them at a time, and might by a thousand other components in the same volumes from the same supplyer.
crudbreeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 11:03   #12
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudbreeder View Post
Yes, volume and scale can really make 250's worth of difference.
The BIG manufacturers literally pay peanuts for their components compared to what you pay buying from retailers or smaller wholesale dealers. Simply because they buy thousands of them at a time, and might by a thousand other components in the same volumes from the same supplyer.
Agreed ! I saw that with Burr Brown component that can trully cost an arm when bought in small quantity.

Old 3rd Feb 2012, 13:45   #13
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
Texas instrument makes the OMAP CPU used in many smartphones. They also makes great high-end audio components under their Burr Brown brand. Texas is a great component maker ... they don't only manfacture calculators ... just take a look at their website before posting such useless comment.

I don't follow smart phones and such. It has been ages since I'd heard of them so I posted. So sorry for posting such a 'useless comment'. Shame you had to spoil what was otherwise an informative post with that remark.

Quote:
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 14:06   #14
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban View Post
I don't follow smart phones and such. It has been ages since I'd heard of them so I posted. So sorry for posting such a 'useless comment'. Shame you had to spoil what was otherwise an informative post with that remark.
Sorry matey, no offence ... All apologies, trully.

I'm quite the pationate and sometimes words and finger go faster than my thought . They are still alive and make nice piece of hardware .

Old 3rd Feb 2012, 15:51   #15
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Quote:
Sorry matey, no offence ... All apologies, trully.

I'm quite the pationate and sometimes words and finger go faster than my thought . They are still alive and make nice piece of hardware .
An apology was the last thing I expected. A nice surprise! Thank you mate.

Perhaps I was being overly touchy. Not slept well in days. Thanks for being a decent sort. Do love this community!

+rep

Quote:

Last edited by Fizzban; 3rd Feb 2012 at 15:58.
Old 4th Feb 2012, 07:13   #16
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Guille, Fizzban, I hate to have to be the one to break this to you, but this here is the internets. Now, either get into a ridiculous, juvenile flamewar (bonus points for bad spelling, bad grammar, and Nazi references) or GTFO. Gotdamn hippies, working out your differences and coming to an understanding >

I got a chubby when I saw this. Then I saw the pricetag. Now it's like my poor l'il guy is trying to crawl back home. Like Stash said, sure, until RPi came along. I could likely scavenge parts and hack something close enough together for $100. And have an assload more fun doing it, too...maybe not the gaming parts (I'm no Ben Heck, after all), but the KB at least, and I have no desire for a portable gaming machine anyway. (No use for one, really, now that I have a car - would have been kind of kickass when I used to ride the bus 2-3 hours a day, though.)
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 19:24   #17
rayson
turningthatintosomethingb ettercmod

rayson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

you're such a legend
rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 20:35   #18
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayson View Post
you're such a legend
I was driven by passion and kind of over reacted. That's my post that is useless and that's why I presented all my sincere apologies.