1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics AMD zerocore?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bazman24, 3 Feb 2012.

1. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

hi all does any one curruntly own a 7 series card? its just i have just got a 7950 card but i havnt noticed the AMD zerocore work yet i have had my system on idle for about 20mins but i havnt noticed the GPU fans shutting down has anyone noticed it working on theres yet?

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Seen cards 2 and 3 cut off in tri-fire, card one always engaged.

7970s

3. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

so it only turns off in crossfire mode not if i just have a single card?

4. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

No, just that if you have a CrossFire or Tri-Fire setup, the secondary cards will shut down, but the main (i.e. the ones you have your monitors connected to) will remain on.

5. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes

Don't know from personal experience, but the marketing/press blurb mentioned that GPUs attached to monitors will drop into the zerocore state when the screen is turned off (via windows - see power settings)

6. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

I just wondered how it works with just one card havnt seen my gpu fan stop yet but I think its mainly for crossfire

7. Farting Bob

Farting Bob What's a Dremel?

The feature only kicks in when the graphics card is idling and there is no screen attached or on. So if you turn off your screen your power numbers should drop a bit, i dont know how quick it kicks in though. Also, when Xfire'ing them if your GPU's are idling, the secondry one will stay in this state until called upon.

8. bazman24

bazman24 Minimodder

hi all just to update everyone with the issue i was having with amd zerocore, i have now fixed this and have physically seen my GPU fan turn off. the reason it wasnt working before was because i had my GPU connected to my monitor via a hdmi lead. i decided to change it to a dvi to hdmi lead and it now works so it must only work when the dvi lead is plugged into the gpu. so anyone else having this problem this maybe the reason!