bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 6th Feb 2012, 14:01   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Bethesda promises Skyrim Creation Kit due Tuesday

Promises a bonus surprise to boot.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...creation-kit/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 14:18   #2
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
Excellent! This means lots of high quality mods in the near future.

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 14:27   #3
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If the surprise is a high-res texture pack (strongly hinted at by suenstar in the Skyrim thread), then it might finally be time to retire the old 280 and upgrade to something with a bit more grunt.

If only I had any money
Old 6th Feb 2012, 18:36   #4
Warrior_Rocker
Holder of the sacred iron

Warrior_Rocker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I wish this meant they were fixing the issues plaguing the PC version of the game including mouse input lag, quiet game volume, and menus that frustrate users to say the least. The game itself may be fun but does not justify releasing a half-baked port.
Warrior_Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 19:27   #5
improprietary
FT03 is a bitch to watercool

improprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremelimproprietary has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
BetterBodies BetterFaces!!! =D
improprietary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 19:42   #6
west
Minimodder

west has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_Rocker View Post
I wish this meant they were fixing the issues plaguing the PC version of the game including mouse input lag, quiet game volume, and menus that frustrate users to say the least. The game itself may be fun but does not justify releasing a half-baked port.
1) your asking Bethesda to abandon a huge (console) market or spend a lot of time re-vamping the game for the PC. I think you forget that they run a business, not a make PC gamers happy group.

2) With the construction set released every issue you listed can and will be fixed (and it wont take long ether) so stop complaining! they are basically doing exactly what your accusing them of not doing! (although not directly).
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 20:16   #7
Draksis
Code Monkey

Draksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for presidentDraksis should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior_Rocker View Post
I wish this meant they were fixing the issues plaguing the PC version of the game including mouse input lag, quiet game volume, and menus that frustrate users to say the least.
Though this does not by any means justify Bethesda's lack error/bug fixing work flow, but with the creation kit modders can address quiet game volume and menu system. In fact SkyUI is already out, and brings skyrim's inventory system back in-line with Oblivion's.
Draksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 23:17   #8
Whindog
Supermodder

Whindog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You got an issue with the menues......go download SKYui and live a happy life. Untill you help yourself.......dont cry about petty sh** like menues when there are easily fixable solutions.....

SkyrimNexus is your freind.

SOme great mods will be comming and less messy in your "data" folder witht he .ini now inside mods etc. Will make everything alot cleaner.......

Hopefully i can expand upon the current......52mods im running
Old 7th Feb 2012, 13:37   #9
Bede
Ultramodder

Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bede - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Warrior_Rocker has a point. Though the CK is a great gift from Bethesda and will lead to great things for Skyrim, it should not be released as a DIY bug-fixing tool.
Coolermaster 690 II Advanced (white edition) | i5-2500K | MSI P67-GD53 | MSI GTX580 | 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 1.5V | Gelid Tranquillo | Asus Xonar DS | 700W Coolermaster Silent Pro M | Corsair Force Series 3 60GB | Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Bede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 13:49   #10
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Good times
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 17:38   #11
scrumble
Multimodder

scrumble has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by west
I think you forget that they run a business, not a make PC gamers happy group.
Errr, i think you'll find that any business needs to keep its customers happy.

I'm pretty sure that in this instance, that as they're selling a game to PC owners, they really do need to keep PC gamers happy.
Old 7th Feb 2012, 18:40   #12
west
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede
Warrior_Rocker has a point. Though the CK is a great gift from Bethesda and will lead to great things for Skyrim, it should not be released as a DIY bug-fixing tool.
That's not why its being released. Bethesda may release their own game patches to fix bugs (like with Oblivion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrumble
Errr, i think you'll find that any business needs to keep its customers happy.
I'm pretty sure that in this instance, that as they're selling a game to PC owners, they really do need to keep PC gamers happy.
Yes but they are not selling this game to just PC players. They have to consider the console market and they odiously can't afford to waste time and money on making each version of the game separately for each platform. And I would assume that most PC gamers are happy with Skyrim (judging by the reviews I've seen).
Old 7th Feb 2012, 18:43   #13
Elton
Proud Model M User

Elton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming SaiyanElton is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Glad this is it. I'll wait until the unofficial patches are all done. Then I'll consider it.
Old 7th Feb 2012, 19:12   #14
awlllwa
What's a Dremel?

awlllwa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Creation Kit is up with Hi-Rez texture pack in tow
awlllwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 23:07   #15
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Sounds awesome & I'm still nowhere near done with the stock game yet.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 08:50   #16
mclean007
Officious Bystander

mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mclean007 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by west
...Yes but they are not selling this game to just PC players. They have to consider the console market and they odiously can't afford to waste time and money on making each version of the game separately for each platform. And I would assume that most PC gamers are happy with Skyrim (judging by the reviews I've seen).
Odiously?!?
Old 8th Feb 2012, 09:52   #17
bdigital
Is re-building his PC again

bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.bdigital is definitely a rep cheat.
I love the way the new mods are being displayed in steam. Much more accessible

Check out my Apline White TJ07 - Case Mod and Water cooled build. http://www.flickr.com/photos/6188486...7631486959032/
bdigital is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:14   #18
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I fear the number of hours I'll spend playing Skyrim will now skyrocket...

Seriously though, making the use of mods so damn easy directly in steam is one of the most genius moves any game developer ever came up with.

<- hopes for other games to copy the mod support of Skyrim
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 05:48   #19
west
Minimodder

@ mclean007, I meant to type "obviously", but "odiously" kinda works too :P