bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 8th Feb 2012, 07:23   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The Darkness II review

It's good, this one...

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...ess-2-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 07:35   #2
towelie
How do I Internet!!

towelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltowelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Played the demo last night seems really fun, shooter with a dark edge!!
Not sure how griping the campaign is will have to go buy the 1st one.
Hard Drives:50GB SSD OCZ Sandforce driver/1TB WD Green 7200RPM
Case:NZXT 810 Switch Black
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 09:02   #3
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youscott_chegg - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Will be adding to my wishlist on the back of this review. Good work Joe!
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 09:54   #4
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quite enjoyed the original - despite some frustrations - so I'll be picking this up when it goes budget, I think. For now, I've got a backlog to work through: L.A. Noire and Skyrim should keep me occupied.

Last edited by Gareth Halfacree; 8th Feb 2012 at 11:31.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:16   #5
Blademrk
Why so serious?

Blademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the DremelBlademrk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I really enjoyed the first one, although having just picked up FF-XIII-2 (and still to complete FF-XIII-1) I'll probably wait a bit before getting it.

My X-Box Live gamertag, PSN, Steam & Nintendo ID is BladeMrk
Blademrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:19   #6
mute1
Multimodder

mute1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good to hear they didn't stuff this up. Really happy there's a PC version too.

The annoying thing about the first one was all the cool stuff they showed you could do in the ending cinematic but they never actually allowed you to do yourself. Some gameplay like that cinematic would have been great.
Not sure the sequel quite allows it still but looks interesting anyway.
mute1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:30   #7
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Worth playing the original first, or just jump into this one? Sounds like it could be rather interesting story-wise and the graphics sound rather enticing!
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:44   #8
cerbrus2
Banned

cerbrus2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Was tempted by this, But I went for the Metalgear solid HD collection. Glad I did though. Metalgear solid two has so much more content with extra missions and stuff as well as the VR training. But im in the same boat as many. I havent even finished Mass effect 2 yet And need to do so befor 3 comes out. I also havent finished Skyrim yet. The cause of my lack of gaming completion is none other than BF3 lol.

just haven't realy played anything else. Will grab darkness II soon though
cerbrus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 10:54   #9
pimlicosound
Multimodder

pimlicosound has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I chuckled when I saw "Click to enlarge" underneath a picture of a couple of already-massive breasts.
pimlicosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 11:10   #10
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Worth playing the original first, or just jump into this one? Sounds like it could be rather interesting story-wise and the graphics sound rather enticing!
Definitely pick up the first, Starbreeze did a great job. I'd go as far as to say a better job than this studio.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 12:16   #11
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Should play it for those titties.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 12:18   #12
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good review... Thanks

*ads to Steam wishlist
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 14:10   #13
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
last pic: click to enlarge.

who else other than myself clicked on her boobs?
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2012, 18:39   #14
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Nice review! I like the fact that you commented on a couple of things that I hadn't seen mentioned in other reviews and wasn't actually aware of; such as the graphical style. I had just written the visuals off as typical X360-era shooter graphics.

I'd be more inclined to give this a try if I had had the opportunity to play the first game on PC, but I'd feel like I were missing out if I tried to get into the series with the sequel..
Frustrating, but glad to see a PC release anyway. Hope it sells well.
Old 8th Feb 2012, 22:48   #15
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeaver
last pic: click to enlarge.

who else other than myself clicked on her boobs?
Me. I should go back, click and save.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 02:15   #16
erratum1
Banned

erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.erratum1 is definitely a rep cheat.
Played the demo a few times I really liked it felt like being in a comic book, slicing peoples heads off with car doors....great !

Alot of people are moaning about the low fov making them feel sick, but I didn't have any problem with it.
erratum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 02:23   #17
JMMD
What's a Dremel?

JMMD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the review, I'll pic it up when it goes on sale.
JMMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 02:34   #18
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Yeah I tried the first one on xbox 360 & looked & felt great but hate playing games that require good accuracy on a pad so didn't persist with it.

The first one isn't out on pc is it? I'd love to play it but not on xbox.

Think I'll buy this one though.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Feb 2012, 18:01   #19
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blademrk View Post
I really enjoyed the first one, although having just picked up FF-XIII-2 (and still to complete FF-XIII-1) I'll probably wait a bit before getting it.
I'm in the same boat, just picked up the second game and I haven't yet gotten my 100% in ff-xiii. Managed to beat the whole game too, without spending any items on upgrades or selling anything. Trying dearly to get that treasure hunter trophy but the second game has sucked me in soo much, it's going to be tough going back to the first game to finish the post-game content. Good Luck!
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote