bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 9th Feb 2012, 18:08   #1
Archtronics
I *am* a Dremel

Archtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitArchtronics is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Online design portfolio

Hey guys

I am looking for a website to create a page for me to display my work to help me in securing another job in the future.

Are any websites that people would suggest are easy to use and look professional, preferably free.

Thanks

Mark
Archtronics is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Feb 2012, 19:29   #2
SuicideNeil
I'm insane, not stupid.

SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.SuicideNeil is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm very fond of Blogspot.com- lots of professional ( graphic ) artists and designers put their portfolios & latest work on there. You can create seperate pages with 'about me' type info and seperate pages for different types of work or commissions from projects etc; they also have a massive range fo customizable free templates that are very easy to alter , worth a look..
Old 7th Jun 2012, 23:26   #3
JimmyTheTrumpet
What's a Dremel?

JimmyTheTrumpet has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
One of the best communities for design portfolios is www.deviantart.com. It also allows you to create yourself a portfolio etc.

With a little effort you could make yourself some good contacts along the way too!
JimmyTheTrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 10:30   #4
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Free=fail, quite frankly... Wordpress and some cheap hosting will go a long way.
Domains cost next to nothing, and if you adda few bob for a good Wordpress template, it'll ook great and professional.
Old 8th Jun 2012, 13:03   #5
Atomic
Gerwaff

Atomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming SaiyanAtomic is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Free=fail, quite frankly... Wordpress and some cheap hosting will go a long way.
Domains cost next to nothing, and if you adda few bob for a good Wordpress template, it'll ook great and professional.
I'd also go the domain/hosting/WordPress route, you don't even need to pay for a template/theme, there a plenty of decent free portfolio ones available.
Old 8th Jun 2012, 13:18   #6
Sexton
Supermodder

Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sexton is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
I'd also go the domain/hosting/WordPress route, you don't even need to pay for a template/theme, there a plenty of decent free portfolio ones available.
This.

I just bought a .co.uk domain from 1&1 for around 5 for 2 years, then use 000webhost.com for my hosting (free but very good), where I installed Wordpress. Easy, cheap and very effective.