bit-tech.net

Old 24th Feb 2012, 13:12   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Aion goes free to play

NCsoft's MMO Aion is switching to a free to play model in Europe next week, the company has confirmed.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...free-to-play/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 13:46   #2
Flanananagan
Modder

Flanananagan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hahahahahahahaha.

*slowclap*
Flanananagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 15:14   #3
Woollster00
Modder

Woollster00 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Took their time wow will be next once guild wars 2 is released
Woollster00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 15:27   #4
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
Lol you dream wow will never end up free to play

It still has 10.4mil subs
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 17:49   #5
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I dunno.. gw2 was released to the press over the weekend- surprised bit wasn't there

it looks like it's a lot like the original- least the pvp.. guys from wow are going to get tossed.. I know a couple of people who used to play aion.. they were on and off though- heard there wasn't enough endgame

hope make it into the beta!
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 18:09   #6
Redbeaver
The Other Red Meat

Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Redbeaver - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
WoW is already free to play...

...up to lv20.
ASUS Z97i-Plus - 4670K - 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA 660Ti - Crucial MX100 256GB - Corsair 250D [Modded]
www.pecelayam.com
Redbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Feb 2012, 20:39   #7
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i'm waiting for the new Star Wars jobbie to go free to play. I actually prefer games to be free not just because of the money but because of the accessibility and the lack of pressure. On a subscription game the onus is to be playing it to get your moneys worth for the month. And then later, when the sub has run out, you can't fire it up for a quick go. Nuts to that. Also I don't like that a subscription game you have to be subbed to it or quit, which doesn't encourage players to feel they can return to a game. Meh.

Guild Wars 2 does look very tasty I must admit. It's a long way from my usual cup of tea these days but I might give it a spin depending on when Planetside 2 drops.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 11:15   #8
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo

I'm not a WoW basher, I've played it since release on and off and have 5 85's, but that number is something you just pulled out your ass. They have lost people hand over fist since cata launched and have stopped releasing numbers for lost subscribers. Not to mention that at least 50% are gold sellers. With the incoming panda expansion, the slide is set to continue and having alternative, free to play options, is going to be nice for MMORPG refugees.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 15:18   #9
Panos
Multimodder

Panos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run CrysisPanos can run Crysis
On the other news, DAOC and UO keep carry on 11 & 15 years respectively.
Panos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 17:14   #10
Redsh1rt
What's a Dremel?

Redsh1rt has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo

I'm not a WoW basher, I've played it since release on and off and have 5 85's, but that number is something you just pulled out your ass. They have lost people hand over fist since cata launched and have stopped releasing numbers for lost subscribers. Not to mention that at least 50% are gold sellers. With the incoming panda expansion, the slide is set to continue and having alternative, free to play options, is going to be nice for MMORPG refugees.
WOW does have 10 million subscribers.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...ull-transcript
Redsh1rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 18:37   #11
thehippoz
Banned

thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thehippoz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
geezus.. their net is 4.5b dollars a year! I don;t think that's going anywhere fast.. guys are addicted won't leave their character hanging =] you see they are selling a replica hammer for 130 too.. the psychology behind mmos must be big- that's huge money
thehippoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2012, 18:44   #12
hyperion
Supermodder

hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.hyperion is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panos
On the other news, DAOC and UO keep carry on 11 & 15 years respectively.
I heard that people still play NES as well.
hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 11:12   #13
wardogz
Minimodder

wardogz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'll stick with 'Global Agenda' for now, which is also free and a hoot .
wardogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2012, 00:06   #14
Whindog
Supermodder

Whindog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone that trys teh free to play model fails because of how well Riot have done it with League of Legends.

You cant have a f2p game that turns into a pay to win.......which is what seems to be the case here. Im not big on MMO's as i dont want the commited time dump required.

Am i the only one that thinks the MMO market is now over saturated?

And I find it really hard to get on board with these MMO's that offer 20 free levels then you cant do anything without paying. Strugle to get my head around it. .

Good luck to them tho.....
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 16:06   #15
nuc13ar
Modder

nuc13ar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
its been oversaturated. the key is picking the right game to invest in so the servers don't go down because of closure/nonpayment/no users
nuc13ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 16:13   #16
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
unlike alot of the free2play mmo's, i think aion is actually worth playing. its changed alot since its launch and theres alot of game there now
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote