bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 27th Feb 2012, 18:26   #1
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
CM Silencio 550 Limited Edition Update 02/04 NEW HARDWARE + COMPLETED Again

CM Silencio 550 Limited Edition

This build has bin made possible by Cooler Master and MSI

The package that i received from CM HQ

Cooler Master Silencio 550
Cooler Master Silent PRO Hybrid 1050W
Cooler Master Sickleflow 120 red,green,blue
Cooler Master Hyper 612S
MSI Z68A-G45 B3
MSI 550 GTX-TI

When i had the case i immediately started to measure and draw the lines and prepare the to cut some holes in it.

The result

2 x 120mm fans in the top prefect fit

Radiator in is place.

In the front 2 x 140mm fan to make sure there is enough fresh air in the case.

Till next time

Last edited by alain-s; 2nd Apr 2012 at 21:44.
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 09:13   #2
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Time to start with the DvDrom cover, so i can mount it on the side of the 5.25bay. My first design not really that good looking.

DvDrom in place

Checking if it would fit there, and it does

In the case.

Back at work i started to remove all the extra metal from the HDD cage and the 5.25bay.

At work i also made a new design for the DvD cover. The first idea wasn't that great looking.
So i just made a new one witch i like a lot more then the first one.

Placed in the case.

Now with the DvDrom in place i can measure where i need to cut in the top to make a nice hole for the DVD. I also made the first copper pipe of the loop.

Till next Update.
Old 28th Feb 2012, 09:23   #3
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Looking good! +sub
Old 28th Feb 2012, 10:51   #4
alain-s
Supermodder

Thanks Fuganater i hope u all like it as much as my previous build Project White.
Old 28th Feb 2012, 11:11   #5
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
At first I was like ‘ewww a Rad on the outside….’ …….. but then I saw that cool copper piping!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 11:59   #6
AK71
Multimodder

AK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for presidentAK71 should be considered for president
That is one mahoosive radiator! Can't wait to see what you do with this after Project White...
Old 28th Feb 2012, 16:52   #7
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice case. I'll be watching this one like I did your last one. I'd hate to see however how restrictive that radiator is. Why would u use it?
Old 28th Feb 2012, 18:48   #8
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
At first I was like ‘ewww a Rad on the outside….’ …….. but then I saw that cool copper piping!
Lol well the rad in the top will be just perfect when u see the final pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK71 View Post
That is one mahoosive radiator! Can't wait to see what you do with this after Project White...
Thank you AK71
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
Nice case. I'll be watching this one like I did your last one. I'd hate to see however how restrictive that radiator is. Why would u use it?
Well i am building this pc for a case mod competition. So i wont be using the pc at all it is just for the looks that i am using it. U will see later that the radiator will fit perfect with the rest of the case and the copper
Old 29th Feb 2012, 10:45   #9
alain-s
Supermodder

Update!!
In this update i will continue the work on the top of the case. There are still 2 holes that have to be made for the reservoir and the DvDrom. fot this u used a dremmel and a jigsaw.
With this as result.

After that was don it was time to file and sanding the edges.

DvDrom Installed
Did a small mistake with my measurement of the DvDrom i have made the hole few mm to beg on the end site.

DvD in it.

Reservoir in its place.

With the res in place i could made a other copper pipe for the loop.

Had a few old extender cables lying around from a previous project. Removed all the sleeve from the cables so i just have white cables.

Installed the hardware and the cables to have a overall look at the case.

With the rest of the parts in place i can start with finishing all the copper pipes for the loop. The pipes still need to be sanded till grid 1000 and after that some polish for the end result.

Few Pictures of the loop.

Installed the pump directly under the reservoir.

All pipes on its place i just needed 1 bitspower fillport to seal it all off.

I also revieced my RGB ledstrip. Time to do a small mod on it. Soldering 2 wires on the RGB controller so i can connect it with a molex.

Works perfect

Also did a little bit with the front panel of the case.

On top of this will come a grill with smoke plexi above it so that it will give a nice light effect.

Cya next update
Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:18   #10
Overminde
Multimodder

Overminde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking great m8, gogogo MOAR pics
Overminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:22   #11
alain-s
Supermodder

Thx Overminde tomorrow i will post the next update.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 18:43   #12
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
How are you attaching those copper lines-AFAIK BP doesn't make hard tube fittings...
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 20:00   #13
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.Nexxo is definitely a rep cheat.
All this in two days? You're a modding machine!

Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 21:40   #14
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
How are you attaching those copper lines-AFAIK BP doesn't make hard tube fittings...
I use Bitspower crystal link connector for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
All this in two days? You're a modding machine!
Haha i wish i was but the case is already finished atm. It was build for a casemod competition from November till February organized by MSI Cooler Master and Hardware Info. During the competition we weren't allowed to post the build log on any other forums.

So i will post 1 update a day till the casemod is completed.
Old 1st Mar 2012, 01:14   #15
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Would you be so kind as to post some pics showing how you assembled those lines? I'm unable to see what you've done unless that's flared copper...
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2012, 08:09   #16
Overminde
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post

So i will post 1 update a day till the casemod is completed.
Where is my today's update? =)
Old 1st Mar 2012, 09:26   #17
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
no worries about hose kinking anymore
great stuff!
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2012, 09:27   #18
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
Would you be so kind as to post some pics showing how you assembled those lines? I'm unable to see what you've done unless that's flared copper...
It is pretty simple, i used 12mm O/D copper pipes for this. U can bend the pipe with a simple pipe bender u buy at a hardware store.

When u got the shape u want u need to make sure that u file and sand the edges of the pipes else u will damage the rubber sealing in the bitspower fitting.

before

After

Then u just press the pipe in the fitting. And that is it here is a picture of the fittings that i use for it. The rubber rings will make a perfect seal around the pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overminde View Post
Where is my today's update? =)
Haha here it is enjoy

Recieved a small package with 1 Cooler Master fan RED 1 Bitspower fillport silvershiny and 3 bitfenix Alchemy cables

I was a little bit supriced with the cables they look beter in real live then on the pictures.

Continued my work with the copper pipes sanded them all to grid 1000

After that is was time to polish them with Commandant Nr 4

Here u can see the difference between the 2 pipes.

Place it all back and turned on the power to see how much light the fans would give me.

Making something extra for the sponsors of this competition. Because there wont be any casebadge i had to think of something that would catch the eye of the jury.
Got my self a piece plexi glas glued the msi logo on it.

Needed some extra sanding to have the nice frosted look. With as result this

Pre heating the oven at 200 disgrace

When the over has reached the temperature it was time to place a mold in the oven with the piece of plexi. This just need to be 5 min in the over to get the desired shape

Just place it on the table to let it cool down. The result a nice round curve

Got the GTX 550 with me, as u can there is already a MSI logo on it. This one will be removed for the new and improved one.

New Logo on it

And lights on it a same that the camera cant get a good picture of it in real live the glow looks a lot better.

That was it for today cya tomorrow with a new update
Old 1st Mar 2012, 09:57   #19
Overminde
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by alain-s View Post

That was it for today cya tomorrow with a new update
ZOMG send me the rest by mail muahahha w8ing for tomorrow already. Great work mate. congrats..
Old 1st Mar 2012, 13:41   #20
k4p84
Modder

k4p84 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think my other half would have a word if I used a pot as a mould :-)

Good find with the pot being a similar size to the cooler too.
k4p84 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode