bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 10th Dec 2014, 22:23   #1
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.
Unable to restore backup using Acronis

I have ATI8 which I have never really liked but thought I
would give it another try about a month back. I created an image to an external
HDD but now I need to restore it I am having difficulties.

I select the source and then the destination C drive and
it says the drive is in use (which it is) and to reboot.
When I do so Acronis Loading please wait appears on the
screen but it gets no further. Tried booting directly
from the Acronis CD and get the same message but again it goes no further.
Any help please as
it is the only backup I have of this drive.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2014, 23:02   #2
Big Elf
I am even more invisible than usual

Big Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Which OS are you trying to restore? It won't work with Windows 7 and might not work with Vista.
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X 4.6GHz│24GB Corsair Dominator GT 1964MHz│NVIDIA GTX580 Tri-SLI│Crucial M4 256GB x 2│Samsung Momentus 2TB x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK FC-580 GTX x 3│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3Swiftech 35X2
Big Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2014, 23:13   #3
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.Ozzie is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks, it is XP Pro that I am trying to restore.
Old 11th Dec 2014, 01:04   #4
Big Elf

Big Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's so long since I used this version that I'm guessing. What size is the external drive and what file format does it use? I know that earlier versions of ATI have problems with the larger hard drives but it probably wouldn't have allowed you to create the image in the first place.

Also is it a full copy of ATI8 or is it a cut down version that was supplied with a hard drive?
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X 4.6GHz│24GB Corsair Dominator GT 1964MHz│NVIDIA GTX580 Tri-SLI│Crucial M4 256GB x 2│Samsung Momentus 2TB x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK FC-580 GTX x 3│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3Swiftech 35X2
Old 11th Dec 2014, 10:59   #5
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

Hi again, the drive is 1TB, the partition with the image on is 356GB and the image size shows as 23GB. Format NTFS. It is a full retail version. I don't know if this is relevant but I also have an ATI 2010 CD if that could be of any use.
Old 11th Dec 2014, 14:44   #6
Big Elf

Later versions of the software are supposed to be able to handle images created in earlier versions so it's worth a try.

It's possible that some component in your system is stopping the Boot system from loading. Can you copy the disk image to a smaller drive and disconnect the 1TB USB drive, it's possible that is what's stopping it loading. Also disconnect any USB devices that aren't necessary to running the system. I know that ATI 2010 won't boot if 3TB USB drives are connected.

I can't really think of anything else that'll help other than to contact Acronis although I'd be surprised if they'll help on such an out of date version.
Old 11th Dec 2014, 16:24   #7
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The true image recovery CD can be fussy when it comes to USB devices, have you tried disconnecting your external USB drive, if it gets past the "Acronis Loading please wait" to the menu screen it should be OK to plug it back in.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2014, 17:43   #8
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

Thanks, I will try those suggestions also another CD drive in case that is playing up.
Old 11th Dec 2014, 23:08   #9
Ozzie
Fork 'andles I wanted

I have given up with Acronis. Managed to
fix the original problems in the end
which I think were
malware related.

Will now backup with Macrium in future. Thanks for your suggestions.

Tags
acronis