Join Date: Jul 2008
Help to automate a process
I have just been given this task at work where I have to continously go through this browser based project management application to do the following -
1) Log in with credentials (only needs to be done once)
2) Enter the location code into a field and click button 'view'
3) If the location code exists, the system displays the particular project associated with the location code. Then click on an icon to go into the project details.
4)When project details load, click on 'view doc' button. This opens the browser's 'file download' dialog box.
5) Click on the 'open' button to open the pdf document in adobe reader.
6) Examine if the scanned copy shown in the pdf document is the same as the physical copy.
7)If yes, go back to browser and click on button 'document check'
8) This opens an in-page pop up which has 6 questions with 3 radio button options for each question - yes,no,notchecked
9) Select appropriate option(usually 'yes') for each question and click on 'ok' button to close the pop up.
10) Page refreshes.
11) select appropriate option from drop dox box labelled 'Signoff'
12) Click on the update 'button'
13) Page refreshes and shows a browser pop up dialog saying "record update sucessfully".
14) Click 'ok' button to close pop up.
15) Select appropriate radio button - yes- for question 'signed off doc original'
16) Enter date value(dd/mm/yyyy) in field labelled 'doc recd. on'
17) Click the 'update' button
18) Page refreshes and shows a browser pop up dialog saying "record update sucessfully".
19) Select appropriate radio button - no- for question 'signed off doc original'
20) Delete previous value from field labelled 'doc recd. on' and leave it empty
21) Enter date value(dd/mm/yyyy) in field labelled 'doc returned on'
21) Enter value in field lablled 'doc returned to'
21) Click the 'update' button
22) Page refreshes and shows a browser pop up dialog saying "record update sucessfully". Scroll down to see changes reflected.
23) Click on the 'back' button(not the browser back button)
24) Go to step 2
I am running Windows XP service pack 3, using IE 8 and am experienced at university level with Java, C and VHDL. What would be the best way for me to go about automating this?
Smile with me
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nowhere interesting
If all the buttons are in the same place every time, you could use something like AutoIt?
My uber-system: 66Mhz 486DX2, 8Mb RAM, 20Mb hard drive, 256 colour VGA adaptor (goes all the way up to 800x600!), keyboard AND serial mouse