bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 7th Dec 2014, 17:28   #1
hairyknacker
Multimodder

hairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Code 10 error for 2nd GTX780ti

Any ideas how to solve a Code 10 error for a 2nd GTX780ti on a clean installation on W7 64 Ultimate on brand new Asus Z97-A board

Thx
hairyknacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2014, 18:48   #2
hairyknacker
Multimodder

hairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now getting Code 43 error- knackerd card?
Old 7th Dec 2014, 19:35   #3
Corky42
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm guessing you're getting these errors from device manager ?
If so have you tried testing one card at a time to rule out the possibility of a faulty GPU.
Corky42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2014, 20:12   #4
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Both those codes are driver errors, means the driver can't start in windows. I think 43 is a usb loading error. Try deleting the GPU drivers and cleaning the registry up then reinstall them
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2014, 07:56   #5
hairyknacker
Multimodder

Cards are in dual water loop so difficult to try individually as not my machine- cards are Hydrocopper pre watercooled cards from EVGA so can't even try on air if I wanted to
Have uninstalled drivers and uninstalled devices but still the same
Will try again when get in office shortly

Last edited by hairyknacker; 8th Dec 2014 at 08:24.
Old 9th Dec 2014, 15:48   #6
hairyknacker
Multimodder

Just done a clean install of W7 64 Ultimate and same Code 10 error

Any ideas please?
Old 9th Dec 2014, 15:50   #7
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Have you any other cards to try? BIOS flashed the board? BIOS reset?

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2014, 15:55   #8
hairyknacker
Multimodder

Microsoft Fix it has done just that
Old 9th Dec 2014, 16:00   #9
hairyknacker
Multimodder

looks like a stick of corrupt memory was causing it
Old 9th Dec 2014, 16:01   #10
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
has done what? all of the above?

Personally, I'd not trust it to do the reset required, and would do it myself! I also had a thought - when flashing the BIOS you might need to use the Windows tool to rewrite the whole BIOS (not just the bit that the EZflash does - I had to do it to fix an odd issue on an ASUS board before. Worked a charm.

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 770 // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Dec 2014, 16:17   #11
hairyknacker
Multimodder

I have run Microsoft Fix it and somehow it has uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for the 780ti- although I had already tried it I must have missed a file or two somewhere.
I have not flashed BIOS yet as I couldn't get the mobo driver software to install so no LAN drivers but d/l on old machine so fingers crossed it
I have also found out that 3 out of my 4 corsair vengeance LP 4MB SIMMS are not working at all as I can only boot with one working but have a single 8GB ripjaws simm in a 32 bit machine so will swap it over

Last edited by hairyknacker; 9th Dec 2014 at 17:32.