bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 29th Sep 2014, 16:58   #1
neil_b
Multimodder

neil_b has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
How to block spam in Outlook from ".co" but NOT ".com"

I'm getting deluged with all sorts of spam from the TLD ".co" - and as I'm using Outlook 2010 I tried creating a junk rule to block senders with ".co" in the address, but it also then blocks anything with ".com" in the senders address which for obvious reasons is a non-starter.

It appears that Outlook throws in .com with .co and doesn't seem able to differentiate between the 2 even though they've got different spellings

Does anyone know how I can block this spam originating from .co (Colombia I think?) without blocking normal .com email?

Using W7/64 bit, Office 2010 professional, Outlook 2010, MSE anti-virus and Spybot and Anti-Malware, and Windows Firewall is turned ON. I don't have the option of changing to another email platform.

Any helpful suggestions very gratefully received......

Thanks!
Old 29th Sep 2014, 17:04   #2
jinq-sea
#BBERG

jinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyanjinq-sea is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Who is your e-mail provided by?

Keyboards, various. (More than I have hands and feet...)
i7-3770K // P8Z77-I Deluxe // 8Gb Ballistix // 680 SC // 256Gb M4 // 250D // AX850 // 3008WFP // 2i2 // Rokit 5 G2
jinq-sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2014, 17:35   #3
neil_b
Multimodder

It's company email, and it's hosted in the US as far as I know if that's what you mean? It's Verio.com - one of a zillion ISP/hosting companies.
Old 29th Sep 2014, 23:01   #4
neil_b
Multimodder

Found the solution - problem solved.
Old Yesterday, 08:21   #5
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Care to share incase anyone else has the same problem?
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29   #6
neil_b
Multimodder

And the solution appears to be....

The solution is already in Outlook (2010 at least) if you happen to know where it lives.... which I didn't until I stumbled across it.

You can block all emails from a specific country by going (from an email);

Message/Junk/International/Blocked Top-Level Domain List... where you find a complete list of countries that you can add to a Block-List of TLD's.

For example, If you want to stop receiving junk email from idiots in Colombia, then simply click "CO" in the Blocked TLD's list, click ok and that's it, you're done.

Once you know where this stuff is buried it's simple to fix...

Hope this helps