bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

View Poll Results: Windows 8: what is your opinion?
Love it: I'm already using it or planning to do so. 59 42.14%
Hate it: this evil spawn of Satan will never defile the sanctity of my computer. 34 24.29%
It's OK with a Start Menu replacement and while bypassing Metro. 47 33.57%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:18   #21
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by towelie View Post
And Goody(your new name BTW) i was asking about the information of the beta release tomorrow whether true or false or just a rumour.
http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...?taxonomyId=89

AND http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/28/j...tomorrow-at-9/
(Press conference tomorrow)

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:21   #22
KayinBlack
Terminal is a state of mind

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Any ideas as to whether they've dropped "always on" authentication? Some of us still don't have reliable enough connections, even though we have the best available in the area. Still feels like a third world country out here.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2012, 19:23   #23
GoodBytes

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No information was revealed. This kind of information is released on the day of the official release of Windows. Probably it will be the same system as WIn7.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
Old 28th Feb 2012, 23:36   #24
Flibblebot
Smile with me

Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.Flibblebot is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Anyone got any idea on how it will handle as a VM?
Quote:
Well tomorrow i'll try it as a VM see how it gets on and post back.
The Developer Release completely raped my system when I tried to install it on a VirtualBox - I only installed it quickly to take some screenshots for a class I was teaching, and it slowed the whole system to a treacle-like state. Unless you've got masses of RAM and a quad-core that you can dedicate two cores to the VM, I wouldn't recommend it for anything more than a quick look.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 09:36   #25
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
I did notice when i installed the windows 8 dev preview all my drivers worked out the box unlike in windows 7 where i had to download them to make things work...

and yes I'm stupidly going to install it as my main system again and see how it works out because i'm bored

oh lord!
Old 29th Feb 2012, 10:35   #26
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
I just dropped it on a new HDD partition, no problems
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 10:42   #27
Evolutionsic

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
I just dropped it on a new HDD partition, no problems
wait it's already out? I'm waiting around for nothing? links!!
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:09   #28
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionsic View Post
wait it's already out? I'm waiting around for nothing? links!!
I'm almost certain he's just stumbled upon the developer preview from a few months ago, instead of the consumer preview (beta) later today...

Or I could be wrong, but I've certainly not seen any links anywhere...
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:14   #29
towelie
How do I Internet!!

towelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltowelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pretty sure you Have to wait till after the conference.
Hard Drives:50GB SSD OCZ Sandforce driver/1TB WD Green 7200RPM
Case:NZXT 810 Switch Black
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:17   #30
Evolutionsic

Quote:
Thought so and for us from the uk the conference starts at 14:00 today only 3 hours and 43 minutes to go! whoa
Old 29th Feb 2012, 11:20   #31
TheStockBroker
King Battletoad

TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TheStockBroker is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Maybe he hacked Microsoft? I wouldn't put it past him, he is from Croydon afterall...
Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:07   #32
towelie
How do I Internet!!

towelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltowelie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Haha (in Eric Cartmans voice..."In the ghetto") i'm south west Twickenham Represent!!
Hard Drives:50GB SSD OCZ Sandforce driver/1TB WD Green 7200RPM
Case:NZXT 810 Switch Black
towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 14:22   #33
GoodBytes

Visual Studio 11 Beta will be out today as well. W00t!

Old 29th Feb 2012, 14:46   #34
Evolutionsic

20 Minutes!!!!!!!
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:29   #35
Evolutionsic

not even a live stream wtf is this? the dark ages?

not sure if this is for real?

http://www.forumswindows8.com/windows-8-download/
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:30   #36
Zener Diode
User Title

Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Zener Diode - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Live coverage:

http://allthingsd.com/20120229/micro...-in-barcelona/

EDIT: No video
Zener Diode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:35   #37
tyepye
Hypermodder

tyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youtyepye - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
EXE Download available here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/download

ISO here

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/iso
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:37   #38
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/iso

Iso links here.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:43   #39
Evolutionsic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyepye View Post
thanks allot
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:50   #40
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Interestingly it looks like they've added the ability to manually close metro apps.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arghhhh, consumer preview, for the win.. dows 8, marmite, win 7 > win 8, win 8 > win 7, windows 8, windows 8 arm, windows 8 beta, windows 8 drivers, windows 8 preview