bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 31st Mar 2012, 22:16   #21
dunx
ITX is where it's at !

dunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysisdunx can run Crysis
That's a tidy idea.... I can't find my Lego as I put it in the loft in the 70's ! ! !

A SKY+ PC sounds like fun though ?

dunx
Asus P6T7 WS Revo. + Asus U3S6 - i7-960 @ 3.8 GHz - Corsair H70 - 6 GB Corsair DDR3 @ 1600 MHz - 64 GB Cucial M4 SSD - Dual WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III HD's - HD 5870 + GTX 480 - Coolermaster 1250W PSU - ANTEC P280 - 4 x 240 V server fans - Griffin Powermate
dunx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2012, 08:10   #22
dancingbear84
error 404

dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dancingbear84 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I do have some old sky boxes kicking around and an old p4 in the loft, I've been toying with combining for a while, trouble is that the heat sink is a massive dell thing.

It doesn't matter if you make a mistake, it only matters if you don't learn from it
dancingbear84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Apr 2012, 10:01   #23
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
This is awesome, what kinda stuff can it cope with?
I've just inherited an older sempron pc, and was wondering how it would cope with HTPC duties
GeorgeStorm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 13:06   #24
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeStorm View Post
This is awesome, what kinda stuff can it cope with?
I've just inherited an older sempron pc, and was wondering how it would cope with HTPC duties
It's been able to handle anything I've played on it, plays HD stuff happily and zooms through menus and large-ish libraries.

If you're worried about your hardware running XBMCBuntu, OpenElec is an even lighter distro of XBMC.

UPDATE ON PROGRESS

...Nothing much to be honest, but I've updated the software to the final 11.0 Eden version. Good few bugs squashed and feels more stable.

The machine has just been happily working away, no bad smells or melted coloured plastic (touch wood)

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 13:14   #25
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
1080p no problamo?
And whats the network like? (if you're streaming from a file server or whatever?)
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 13:26   #26
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This is awesomesauce.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 13:36   #27
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yep will play 1080p, though admittedly I mostly watch TV episodes which are 720p & lower. I'm using homeplugs (can't remember their capacity) to stream media from my gaming PC to the HTPC. (it still blows my mind to stream Game of Thrones through my electrical socket )

I'd love to get a low power file server / torrent box sorted; leaving stuff to download overnight on my gaming rig causes expensive electricity bills. Setting this up on the HTPC would be a bit better, but don't know by how much. Maybe when my RaspberryPi arrives I'll experiment with downloading / streaming with an external USB HDD

I may need an extension to the Lego case to house it, hmm...

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 14:06   #28
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

Fair enough, I was wondering because I watched Avatar the other night, and my p8600 in the laptop we were using was at 60% cpu usage, and we were getting stuttering every now and again, possible due to the network, although I would have thought 100mbps would have been fine for that :/ (was a 22gbish rip)

Edit:
Had an average bitrate of 16MBit, so maybe that's why it wasn't ok, considering 1000mbps is around 12mbit :P

Tags
ghetto, htpc, laptop

View Mode