Case Mod - In Progress My GBW Obsidian 800D

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dave2010_TA, 29 Feb 2012.

1. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hiiii guyzz!!! Is a real pleasure to post here!!!
    Now I'm going to show you my project!
    This project has already started some months ago and I have to finish it by the end of March, because I will participate in a contest to be held in Mantova, a town near Milan, at the end of March indeed.
    So, be ready, because soon I will show you, my Obsidian 800D completely overwhelmed! Stay tuned!!!!!!!! :thumb:

2. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

I begin with some photos of the at the origins.
    I lost some pics of the empty new case, because these pics are the older.
    Let's GO!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the old midplate....now there is....:eeek:

[​IMG]

3. stallo709

stallo709 Minimodder

Hi dave:clap:

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

800D Case? I'm watching :D

5. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hi Amedeo!!! Nice to see you also there!!!

Stay tuned, you'll see a lot of surprises!!

6. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hardware

Power supply unit Corsair TX 950 W

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ssd Ocz Vertex III 240 GB

[​IMG]

Cpu Intel i7 950

[​IMG]

Motherboard Gigabyte UD7 revision 2.0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Graphic card 1 Zotac GTX 570 Amp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Graphic card 2 Evga GTX 570 Classified

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Memory ram, Dominator CL7 1600 Mhz 3x2 GB, with EK waterblock

[​IMG]

Last edited: 5 Mar 2012
  7. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Hi guys, I need a lot of time to continue this worklog, the mod is almost over because I started so long ago...but don't worry and stay tuned!!

8. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Watercooling components

Pump Sanso PDH 054 12 V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

White Primochill 10/13 mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phobya
    G1/4 for 10/13 tubes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Waterblock by EK and Ybris Cooling for the cpu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aquacomputer filter (x2)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Alphacool Cape Fuzion Core 30

[​IMG][​IMG]

Rheobus Lamptron FC5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Radiators Coolgate 240 + 360 (Black painted)

[​IMG]

9. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Ok, this time, I show you my work on the case's structure.

[​IMG]

I removed the hdd's cage, on the right, freeing the space needed for the psu, the 2x120 radiator and the pump. The two big arrows on below,show the point where I cut the case, to permit the air pass throught it, because there, I'll put the radiator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After, I removed the existing midplate to... :D... I will say to you after ehehe... I made a cut on the top of the case to put a new... It's not the time to say it now, it's a surprise!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I removed the original plexiglass from the hatch and I cutted it for... surprise!!!! This is the original hatch, I cutted it well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made this cuts with Dremel 4000 and this Bosch hacksaw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

We continue showing the main materials that I used to realized the internal structure. I state that, having made ​​those changes mentioned above, I proceeded to reinforce the structure with the panels, which at the same time gave a touch of beauty to homes and solidified from a structural standpoint. Here's to you! Let's start with these panels. I admit that I have made them repeat it twice, because at first I was slightly wrong measurements and after attempting the cuts, taking out several of hacksaw blades, I was not satisfied anyway. The underlying panels have been made to laser cut, after sending a my dwg where pointed to the panel to be realized: the material used is stainless steel, easy to paint and resistant; for the two panels with the written and logos and the midplate and the panel around the mother board of a thickness of 2 mm. As for the frame side of the bulkhead, the top grid, the small panel background to the radiator and the front small panel to the case, the thickness is 1.5 mm.
    I state that I have not received any sponsorship logos have been added since I felt it from inside, for the wonderful people who assisted me and with which each and every day we share this wonderful passion.

First round panels. (We say that truth is the famous second time, because I made them redo slightly different).

Side panel: I describe it briefly. The two rectangles at the top are two slots for the two thermometers.
    The two holes aligned vertically, are two passages for two bulkhead fittings. We will see shortly the exact function. The four rectangles on the left hand, there are four steps to the sata cables.

[​IMG]

Front panel. The two square holes are two slots for filters dell'aquacomputer.

[​IMG]

Panel "frame mobo". The rectangular opening, are the steps cables.

[​IMG]

Midplate. The two squares are used to route the cables vga.

[​IMG]

Support ssd to realize. I think a nice little thing for my ssd, these two small panels will be his new house ... mmm ... loading ...

[​IMG]

Round second

[​IMG]

Top Grid. Has four holes for fixing to the outer case and the other eight for fixing the triventola.

[​IMG]

Frame side bulkhead, drilled to fasten to the side bulkhead cut.

[​IMG]

Background houses radiator with large opening and mounting holes for the radiator.

[​IMG]

Front panel bay, temporarily placed, without fixation. The five holes are the housings for five switches lamptron, which show later. This small panel has two small panels smooth rectangular: will be set to "U", to take advantage of the two sides to secure everything to the case.

[​IMG]

11. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

The first work that I have made on the panels was to paint them.
    We can star with primer, and than to paint them with spray paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After having given two coats of primer, prior to paint them permanently, are passed to a final proof of assembly, to identify the best the various hardware, since the weight is really significant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now you go to paint! Diamond Green and black spray cans, ready?
    Let's go!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The green!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After painting, we passed to a phase of bonding the plexy on the incisions, and then with backlight LED white stripe at high intensity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We set the filters aqua computers and thermometers, after which we place already two tubes for the loop.

[​IMG]

12. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Today I tried to give a good illumination of the two corner panels arranged. I thought it was a simple thing, but I did not, unfortunately, given the space, gradually increasing shoestring.
    I decided to use the LED stripe of white Phobya, a real eyesore if you look perfectly in line with the eyes. There was the problem of how to fix and to be able to obtain a mirror effect.
    Then I turn and see the plexi I bought long ago and there was a sheet of plexi mirror silver. And there, I was turned on the light bulb: why not use it? Another problem arose: the plexi I had only one piece 300x400 mm, which I also use the midplate. Sacrifice the midplate, putting them a slab normal? Hehe But no, I can keep us all in millimeters. Paper tape, ruler and pen and go!

I position before the strips, around the perimeter of the plexi green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the first that I put behind plexi mirror, the picture deceiving, but the light was very weak.

[​IMG]

This is with plexy behind.

[​IMG]

Tape paper and prepare for cutting: pay no attention to the various writings or drawings, I have not had time to go to the bathroom that my girlfriend had already had a hand ...

[​IMG]

This is the method I devised to fix the mirror. The L-profiles that I have advanced from the panels, fastened together with adhesive Pattex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mirrox plexy applied.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

14. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Mounting frame, the upper grid and the background.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I had to cut the screws with a dremel, because closing the bulkhead I went on the low screens inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the substrate panel. I forgot to put the photo with the radiator fixed ...

[​IMG]

15. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Mounting 140 mm fan with green LEDs.
    Xigmatek had here this beautiful, with green LED, which if you remember, was first installed on the back of the case to pull air from inside: now that I may ride the most, why leave them gathering dust? And here is the result of this reasoning ...

Removing the original power supply and fan removal. So far ... too simple ... (ah well, I just invalidated the warranty, but we must do ... sooner or later I knew that I would open and wait for 2014 .... was not the case ...).

[​IMG]

Here's the fan to be mounted. Good balance for the old connector, cut by the fan removed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's where the connector accommodating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And....power!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It 'goes without saying that of course the psu now at the end of the mod will not, but beautiful diamond and completely repainted green sleeving sleeving .. now I have extensions, but the effect is not the same and especially in the back of the order houses where the cables are hidden. Expect some good sleeving in a workmanlike and diamantatissimo green wings!

16. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

The rear panel. To facilitate the drawing operations of each, put the paper tape exactly where I want to create the panel: in this way adjure also, the fact that, tracing the lines, I am not to intersect some rivet, of which the rear of my houses, it is provided in a certain amount. I also marked the holes and the psu fan of 140 mm.
    Unfortunately I have to give up the idea to shoot the wings: unfortunately if the tilting to have the fan on top, the cables are too prominent to me toward the door and he complicates the positioning of the pump, why not stay closer to the holes the rear panel. Too bad ...

[​IMG]

17. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Dremel accessories!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

Front panel

The carved piece with the writing has been fixed to the two side supports with the usual double-sided adhesive Pattex and profilini of aluminum cut to size.
    I had to cut with the dremel, some fins that would not let me put in for everything well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dave2010_TA

Dave2010_TA Minimodder

The other work of the weekend is as follows. I picked up the panels which I promptly primed and painted. Here's the result: I did redo midplate also slightly shorter by facilitate for the pipes and the carving rounder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]