bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 7th Aug 2012, 07:34   #181
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 21:44   #182
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Triple-post! (what do I win?!)

Update
Ok I get it you are bored with paint updates, so how about this:

I've almost finished the right sidepanel. Tonight I've installed the rads, the touchscreen and the fancontroller:

The print with the on/off switch for the screen is on the left side of the bottom frame:

Domenut as temporary button (any ideas what to replace it with?)

Better?!

Last edited by Meelobee; 9th Aug 2012 at 16:24.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 21:58   #183
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not bored with paint updates at all, fantastic finish you've managed to get on this.
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 22:43   #184
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You paint is just great!
Before painting white are you using primer and a varnish after the white paint?
I'm asking because I tried to varnish a white painted piece and it turned yellow and I still thinking where is my mistake.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2012, 23:23   #185
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Main reason I believe I'm boring people is I've been doing scroll sawing all flipping year & still don't have any of it fixed together yet.

You haven't had a prolonged boring stage at all during this Meelobee & the paint finish is really nice mate, sweet project is sweet.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 09:01   #186
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlE View Post
Not bored with paint updates at all, fantastic finish you've managed to get on this.
Thanks again MeddlE

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
You paint is just great!
Before painting white are you using primer and a varnish after the white paint?
I'm asking because I tried to varnish a white painted piece and it turned yellow and I still thinking where is my mistake.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work!
Thanks xSoMBrAx! Yes I've used etching primer before the white paint, and no varnish after. As u said varnish gives a yellow hue to the white paint. I don't know how to avoid it from turning yellow. So instead of varnish I added an extra layer of paint. I just have to be careful with the case, even though the paint is quite hard it will scratch easy because of the lack of varnish.

If anyone knows how to add varnish without it turning the white paint yellow I'd love to hear how to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Main reason I believe I'm boring people is I've been doing scroll sawing all flipping year & still don't have any of it fixed together yet.

You haven't had a prolonged boring stage at all during this Meelobee & the paint finish is really nice mate, sweet project is sweet.
But you make art with your scroll saw, no way that's boring I guess I was bored with it myself, kinda eager to get some stuff build. Thanks again Waynio
Old 8th Aug 2012, 19:44   #187
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wouldn't a clear lacquer work better than varnish?
Old 8th Aug 2012, 20:28   #188
Meelobee
Hypermodder

lol isn't it the same? I used clear coat spraypaint and it gave a yellow hue to the white , I tought that's what xsombrax meant.
Old 9th Aug 2012, 16:05   #189
Redd13
Minimodder

Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
amazing, love the tidiness of your work!
Redd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Aug 2012, 19:23   #190
Telefonskaft
Minimodder

Telefonskaft has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome job! One question a bit off topic.

Are those corsair fans quiet? Because I really love the way they look but I want to know if they're quiet.
Old 9th Aug 2012, 23:56   #191
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd13 View Post
amazing, love the tidiness of your work!
Thanks Red13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telefonskaft View Post
Awesome job! One question a bit off topic.

Are those corsair fans quiet? Because I really love the way they look but I want to know if they're quiet.
When I run them on 12v they're quite noisy, but on the lowest setting on the fancontroller (7v I think) they're hard to hear, while they still push more air than the Enermax fans (on 12v!) I used before.

Update!

Today I added all the plexistrips to the frame (which also was painted) and I've installed the front and back side:

Old 10th Aug 2012, 00:03   #192
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking beautiful Meelobee & that paint finish is superb mate, so tasty.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2012, 01:52   #193
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Simply stunning build awesome work !!
Old 10th Aug 2012, 13:27   #194
epetersson
What's a Dremel?

epetersson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow, amazing!
Love the fact that it's very original, never seen anything like it, but still it has clean and simple straight lines.
epetersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2012, 16:58   #195
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Amaaaaaaazing!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2012, 19:24   #196
MeddlE
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
This pic amazing finish you've got on that paint. Did you use rattle can or an airbrush?
Old 11th Aug 2012, 16:35   #197
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking beautiful Meelobee & that paint finish is superb mate, so tasty.
Thanks Waynio, I'm really happy with the results myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Simply stunning build awesome work !!
Thanks bluc

Quote:
Originally Posted by epetersson View Post
Wow, amazing!
Love the fact that it's very original, never seen anything like it, but still it has clean and simple straight lines.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Amaaaaaaazing!
Thaaaaaanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlE View Post
This pic amazing finish you've got on that paint. Did you use rattle can or an airbrush?
Thanks MeddlE, it's one of my favorite pics too

The paint is done by rattle can (spraycans from the local hardware store.) But more important for the finish; I've spend alot of time sanding the aluminium down to P2000 and repeated that between every layer of paint (6 layers in total)
Old 13th Aug 2012, 13:19   #198
Phyonics
Modder

Phyonics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent fit and finish Meelobee, it's looking fantastic

Is that blue tape on the radiator pipes coming through the case? I guess it's just there to protect the paint for now. I was wondering if rather than solid black fitting coming through those holes, some crystal likes would look better?
Phyonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 06:49   #199
Lehani
Multimodder

Lehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW:O thaat looks sooo niiiicee:O

but that blue tape?? remember to remove that
are you going to mod/paint some of the hardware?
Lehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 07:43   #200
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyonics View Post
Excellent fit and finish Meelobee, it's looking fantastic

Is that blue tape on the radiator pipes coming through the case? I guess it's just there to protect the paint for now. I was wondering if rather than solid black fitting coming through those holes, some crystal likes would look better?
Thank you Phyonics Yes the blue tape is there to protect white paint on the panel, and the black on the fittings, especially the fittings tend to scratch really fast. Not sure if Crystal Links would look better, the holes in the panels are made for the black fittings, Crystal links are a bit smaller so it would leave a gap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
WOW:O thaat looks sooo niiiicee:O

but that blue tape?? remember to remove that
are you going to mod/paint some of the hardware?
Thanks Lehani The tape will be removed, I won't forget
I've got some idea's on painting the hardware, but I won't be painting the whole rad. Just some small touches here and there. Stay tuned for more on that

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode