bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 16th Apr 2012, 04:21   #41
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
This time I'm doing a scratch build loosely based on the Thermaltake Level 10, but with my own twist.
Sorry Meelobee but this is way off the mark & instead absolutely in in the realms of total awesomeness.

Saaaaaaweeeeeeeeet stars & rep.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2012, 04:40   #42
stren
Multimodder

stren has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great work!
stren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Apr 2012, 21:38   #43
rak500
Multimodder

rak500 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome deisgn! we need a bit more though, please?
rak500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 23:35   #44
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks guys

Update!

Done quite a bit recently:

Started sleeving the PSU cabling:

And I've made some progress on the case and custom PSU housing:

Made holes in the frame for the video connector of the 7" screen, power cord and PSU on/off switch:

Cut out a big hole in the center of the frame so the psu wiring can go upwards:

And I've finished the PSU cover with hexmesh:

Pictures make the mesh look mess(h)y at the corners, no idea why, looks better irl.

Installed BitsPower valve:

That's it for now

Project Inverted is sponsored by:
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 00:26   #45
Colonel Zay
What's a Dremel?

Colonel Zay has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very clean work Meelobee and excellent design on that PSU enclosure.
Colonel Zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 12:46   #46
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Very cool!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 13:09   #47
MrBean
Supermodder

MrBean has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrBean has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Thank you Dirky!

For the aluminium and plexi I just use basic tools:

A couple of big files to get rid of the big chunks, smaller files for the details, sandpaper to smooth the edges. Most important is alot of patience
Great job- and those are the kind of tools I use too, mostly hand-tools, and every once in a while, maybe a jigsaw or Dremel - but finishing always with a fine-toothed file of some sorts.

Impressive work, quite refreshing after the miriad CNC-ed rigs that's doing the rounds nowadays - I like :flowers:
MrBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2012, 15:48   #48
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Colonel Zay & KidMod-Southpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBean View Post
Great job- and those are the kind of tools I use too, mostly hand-tools, and every once in a while, maybe a jigsaw or Dremel - but finishing always with a fine-toothed file of some sorts.

Impressive work, quite refreshing after the miriad CNC-ed rigs that's doing the rounds nowadays - I like :flowers:
Thanks Gotta love hand-tools, using them is time consuming, but the result is usually really nice. I love CNC build's but I think it's even cooler when something hand build has CNC looks.
Old 29th Apr 2012, 20:08   #49
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Not to sure what to make of this one. But what I do know is that it's very different, very neat and I like it. Nice work dude.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2012, 07:05   #50
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great update!
The PSU enlcosure looks great!
Also excellent work on those cuts for buttons / wiring, they are so close to the borders!

Are you going to paint the washer where the valve is? A small detail hehe

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2012, 13:13   #51
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Not to sure what to make of this one. But what I do know is that it's very different, very neat and I like it. Nice work dude.
I often have the same, not sure where this is going to end exactly Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
Great update!
The PSU enlcosure looks great!
Also excellent work on those cuts for buttons / wiring, they are so close to the borders!

Are you going to paint the washer where the valve is? A small detail hehe
Thanks for the compliments I've re-arranged the fittings, now they go lower to the bottom of the case and because of that the washers aren't needed anymore.

Update!

I continued on the right backside, I allready made another panel for this, but it doesn't have ventilation holes and didn't look right tbh, so I made a new backside, with ventilation holes:

The old part:

And the new part I made:

Cut some profiles to size:

And cut a piece of hexmesh to size:

How it's mounted in the case:

Project inverted is sponsored by:
Old 30th Apr 2012, 16:58   #52
Meelobee
Hypermodder

MiniUpdate

Finished the back:

Old 1st May 2012, 10:15   #53
Archer
Talga Vassternich - Deserve Victory

Archer has yet to learn the way of the DremelArcher has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Me likely. The way you've got the bottom angled really makes it stand out And the accents with lighting and mesh just adds to it all. Keep it up

Complete: Project Multi Hex
---------------------
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:44   #54
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks Archer

Another small update, I got some new parts today:

- Cooler Master Turbine Master Mach 0.8 120mm - 800RPM
- Xigmatek XOF-F1251 120mm Fan - 1400RPM
- Mainboard Screw/Schroeven Kit Black
- EK-RAM Dominator X4 - Acetal + EN Nickel

Either one of the fans will serve as the psu fan, today I fitted the Coolermaster to see how it looks:

Old 2nd May 2012, 21:56   #55
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Missed a couple of updates on this, looking better & better.
Old 3rd May 2012, 07:23   #56
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks Waynio

Not sure on the fan on the case, might replace it with the Xigmatek (which is white)
Old 9th May 2012, 11:25   #57
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Haven't done much modding lately, hectic times atm with our little boy I did however finish the mesh panels for the back and front of the case:

These are the 2 panels for the back:

This one is for the left front, the seams are filled with 2 component metal glue and sanded to a smooth finish, once painted the seams are invisible:

And this is where it will be placed in the front of the case:
Old 27th May 2012, 07:05   #58
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

I've still not tried this with angle bars, you have done this method perfectly & the lighter scale shows how small that piece is, impressive.
Old 27th May 2012, 08:15   #59
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yes, it's really great detailing! angles is rough stuff! '-_-

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 11:53   #60
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks guys

The angles were a pain to make, I don't really have the proper tools to get the angles exacly 100% correct. (just a hacksaw and some files) It's easy to file off too much material and messing up the piece. But all and all I'm quite happy with the results

Update!

Allow me to present a World Exlusive: The Difrax Milk Cooling System

And here are some overview pics of the case: (My camera screwed up so the pics have a blue hue..no idea why..)

Front:

Back:

Left side without sidepanel:

In the upright part of the case I mad a subframe out of a strip of aluminum. I've bend it in a square and mounted the ledstrips on it. The leds w will light the plexiglass strips in the case:

To controll the ledstrips I bought a RGB Ledcontroller with remote from Ebay:

Next update will contain PC hardware

Last edited by Meelobee; 24th Jun 2012 at 10:54.

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode