bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th May 2012, 12:47   #61
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice controller & awesome news that it's ready for hardware.

And like the sackboy in the background.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 00:39   #62
Halbyrd
What's a Dremel?

Halbyrd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee
My camera screwed up so the pics have a blue hue..no idea why..
That's usually a white balance issue; check to see if your camera's white balance setting matches up with the dominant lighting in the room. A blue cast usually indicates that it's set for Tungsten lighting when it should be on Fluorescent. If you're using sunlight, try setting the white balance to Cloudy or Overcast.
Halbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 03:25   #63
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the way the acrylic is lit up between the aluminium panels how are the leds mounted to the acrylic? Are they edge lit did you embed them into the edge? Or is it an led strip shining onto the surface?
bluc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 07:43   #64
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Halyrb, I'll check the settings on my camera

Bluc: It's lit by ledstrips shining onto the surface behind the plexi (see my last update post #59)

Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 09:40   #65
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Your work is so clean !! It's hard to believe this is only made with handtools !
Great job here
thegyufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 09:58   #66
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Great job matey ! Very interesting and loving your job on the PSU.

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 13:38   #67
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks guys

Update!

to continue on the case I needed some hardware, so I got the memory and the motherboard:

Corsair Dominator GT (CMT8GX3M2B2133C9)

Asus Z77 Sabertooth motherboard:

Unfortunately I forgot to make pictures of the motherboard. But I do have these where the motherboard is allready mounted on the case:

Next up is making the holes for the cables and fittings
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 13:40   #68
bluc
Supermodder

Nice board
bluc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 18:34   #69
Meelobee
Hypermodder

And another small update:

The memory will be in the cooling loop, so I got a waterblock for it:

EK-RAM Dominator X4:

Installed it on the memory:

Old 4th Jun 2012, 09:47   #70
Meelobee
Hypermodder

And another small update

Yesterday I made a start with the tubing, using Bitspower Crystal Link tubes:

Old 4th Jun 2012, 09:53   #71
bluc
Supermodder

Wondering what sort of finish you have planned for the aluminium. I think clear coated brushed would look awesome
Old 4th Jun 2012, 10:38   #72
jamsand
Ultramodder

jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.jamsand is definitely a rep cheat.
^polished
jamsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 10:56   #73
bluc
Supermodder

OK cool equally awesome!
Old 4th Jun 2012, 12:44   #74
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking mighty fine mate, the mobo really looks good fixed up on this & memory watercooling cooling seems OTT to me but it completes the look of the motherboard & with the added tubes & fittings it's shaping up to be a beauty of a mod & system, nice.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 21:51   #75
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Wondering what sort of finish you have planned for the aluminium. I think clear coated brushed would look awesome
Brushed alu would be cool, but I probably can't brush the aluminium myself, atleast not in a quality I would be pleased with it. So the case will most likely be painted, not sure on the colour yet. (white?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsand View Post
^polished
Nah too blingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking mighty fine mate, the mobo really looks good fixed up on this & memory watercooling cooling seems OTT to me but it completes the look of the motherboard & with the added tubes & fittings it's shaping up to be a beauty of a mod & system, nice.
Thanks Waynio, yeah the memory cooling is a bit over the top. It might be handy if I want to overclock I suppose.. But damn it sure looks good

Did some measuring and filing for the sata connectors today:

Old 5th Jun 2012, 00:42   #76
bluc
Supermodder

Wow on thoe cutouts for the sata how did you get it that neat??!! I was hoping to find some through panel connectors and sata stuff for my mod but no luck. Also where did you get those sata cable from or did you paint it? Now all you need is double width right angle connector.
Old 5th Jun 2012, 01:12   #77
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This sort of stuff isn't normally my cup of tea, but have to say, Im growing increasingly envious of your design and finishing
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 10:55   #78
(RFFN)-SqUeD
I eat dremels for breakfast

(RFFN)-SqUeD has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW really like this build!!! will be following this one!

(I like open cases 2 chck sig )

Casemod in Process: Exo-S - With Mystikal0412
Winner MOTM-May-11 Exo-S
(RFFN)-SqUeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 11:05   #79
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I really wasn't sure about the overall looks of this until you installed the motherboard - WOW.

+rep, and a like on FB.

I look forward to your updates!
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 13:45   #80
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Wow on thoe cutouts for the sata how did you get it that neat??!! I was hoping to find some through panel connectors and sata stuff for my mod but no luck. Also where did you get those sata cable from or did you paint it? Now all you need is double width right angle connector.
Thanks bluc
For the sata holes I drilled holes are hand filed them to size with a couple of needle files. The black/white sata cables came with the Asus Sabertooth mobo. If I need more sata ports in the future I'll probably will use straight connectors in the ports above the ones used now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
This sort of stuff isn't normally my cup of tea, but have to say, Im growing increasingly envious of your design and finishing
Good to hear, hopefully I can live up to the expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by (RFFN)-SqUeD View Post
WOW really like this build!!! will be following this one!

(I like open cases 2 chck sig )
Thanks alot SqUed I love the Exo-S, great style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
I really wasn't sure about the overall looks of this until you installed the motherboard - WOW.

+rep, and a like on FB.

I look forward to your updates!
Thank you very much

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode