bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Jun 2012, 16:54   #81
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
I like all the details man really nice job!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 16:56   #82
mybadomen
Multimodder

mybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmybadomen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the whole raw metal look! Got my Vote for MOTM!
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2012, 23:01   #83
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Ang3l and thank you for the vote mybadomen

Another small update:

After installing the mobo the gap between it and the backplate kinda bugged me, so I've made these:

They'll be installed next to the mobo like this:

Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 01:29   #84
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This is a really creative build. I like the combination case/bench kind of approach. So far it looks very nicely done.
Old 6th Jun 2012, 03:20   #85
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Thanks Ang3l and thank you for the vote mybadomen

Another small update:

After installing the mobo the gap between it and the backplate kinda bugged me, so I've made these:

They'll be installed next to the mobo like this:

Very unique idea cant say I have seen that done before great idea!!
Old 6th Jun 2012, 16:42   #86
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow! Great work! I like very much "naked" pc and you have skills and ingenuity. Let update flow and big congrats for you fatherhood fatherdom ehm? you got it!
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 21:38   #87
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Like all great pieces of art.... you framed it. Love how that shows the board. Just be caseful for any electrical shorts.... On the back of my P67 Rampage I had really long solder "mounts"....
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 13:19   #88
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice solution to fill up the gap that way.Keep up the good work.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 13:50   #89
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This build is awesome, I love the super clean, no clutter look and the fact that its all open. Thoughs sata connectors are sweeet too they look great. You got one of my votes

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 17:00   #90
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Master of bars.

Nice sata neatness solution I tried something along that line but this is perfect. congrats for the MOTM nom too, caught a vote from me.

Superb work on this.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2012, 12:27   #91
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voigts View Post
This is a really creative build. I like the combination case/bench kind of approach. So far it looks very nicely done.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Very unique idea cant say I have seen that done before great idea!!
Thanks, haven't seen it before myself either

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
Wow! Great work! I like very much "naked" pc and you have skills and ingenuity. Let update flow and big congrats for you fatherhood fatherdom ehm? you got it!
Thanks for the compliments & the congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Like all great pieces of art.... you framed it. Love how that shows the board. Just be caseful for any electrical shorts.... On the back of my P67 Rampage I had really long solder "mounts"....
Thanks! The 'mount' are quite long on this board too, but the standoffs are long enough, so there should be no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Nice solution to fill up the gap that way.Keep up the good work.
Thanks Paslis, and I'll sure try to

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
This build is awesome, I love the super clean, no clutter look and the fact that its all open. Thoughs sata connectors are sweeet too they look great. You got one of my votes
Thanks for the vote riekamharg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Master of bars.

Nice sata neatness solution I tried something along that line but this is perfect. congrats for the MOTM nom too, caught a vote from me.

Superb work on this.
Thanks Waynio

Update time!

So yeah then I ran into a small problem, mainly because I didn't plan ahead.. The only panel on the case that should be able to come off hasn't got enough room to actually come off:

Because of the reservoir, the panel with the fan can only come off by moving it upwards, but it can't because the part with the blue line on it is blocked by the motherboard, and there is not enough room to move it back, there is only a 6mm gap between the panel and the reservoir (at the green arrow) So yeah that sucks..

But I think I found a solution that hopefully looks good too, to do this I had to cut the panel in two pieces:

And I've cut a stainless steel hinge into the right size:

The hinge is mounted onto the panel like this, (The screws will be hidden)

And I've also made a Sketchup design for the pass-through for the ATX wires:

Old 10th Jun 2012, 18:06   #92
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
^^^ That looks familiar

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 20:58   #93
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
^^^ That looks familiar
Haha yep it's done before, but mine has a small twist, and is in black plexi...So stay tuned!

Update

Today I finished the pannel with the hinge:

When the psu fan is installed the top part can't swing open this far, but still far enough to allow the pannel to 'slide' up and clear the mobo.

Filled the screwholes and sanded them flush with the pannel:

Old 12th Jun 2012, 13:15   #94
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow, stunning work and all the more impressive for being done by hand.

(No disrespect to the various CNC mod-gods intended.)
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2012, 13:25   #95
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks MeddIE, yup trying to keep up with the CNC gods by hand is quite a challenge
Old 12th Jun 2012, 14:16   #96
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlE View Post
Wow, stunning work and all the more impressive for being done by hand.

(No disrespect to the various CNC mod-gods intended.)
I have to second that! I'm not a God but I know my way around machines. Both manual and cnc. I can't help but be impressed when I see someone make something as amazing as this with a minimum of tools! My hat off to you sir!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2012, 14:44   #97
Winkston
Minimodder

Winkston has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just awesome, I really love that design .
Keep it coming !
Old 12th Jun 2012, 19:07   #98
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks Angel & Winkston

Continuing with the ATX pass-through pannel, this is what I drew in Sketchup:

And this is what I got in the mail today:

Not to shabby
Old 12th Jun 2012, 19:31   #99
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Did you get that cut by ponoko?
Old 12th Jun 2012, 19:44   #100
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Nope drew it in Sketchup and got it from Graveco.nl

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode