bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 13th Jun 2012, 12:45   #101
GamerIDGoesHere
www.^.com

GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.GamerIDGoesHere is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very nice! Looks amazing and very creative. Keep up the good work!
oh and subbed
- Dan
GamerIDGoesHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2012, 12:57   #102
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love the look of the cable pass through
Old 15th Jun 2012, 13:13   #103
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerIDGoesHere View Post
Very nice! Looks amazing and very creative. Keep up the good work!
oh and subbed
- Dan
thanks GamerID

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Love the look of the cable pass through
Thanks bluc! It's actually not as I intended, the idea was to make the 24 holes in the aluminum sidepanel, but after drilling (freehand, I don't have a drill press) 4 of the 24 holes were misaligned so much I couldn't fix or hide it. So I decided to cut out all the holes to the rectangle it is now. (the small triangle on top was an idea from my GF, the triangle matches the top of the case.)

Currently I'm making an ATX extension cable, but progress is slow. Hopefully some pics of it tomorrow
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:00   #104
Meelobee
Supermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Update!

After receiving the lasered pannel I showed in the previous update I started making the ATX cable. Long story short, sleeving is not my thing.. and my fingers hate it even more, they're al burned and scarred.. Anyway, I've cut 2 lenghts of wire, 12 for the inner curve and 12 for the outer curve, this way the cables align best. Then I soldered the pins to the wires and sleeved it with Paracord.

Here's how it looked when I was halfway done:

And after 3 evenings filled with burns and curses I´ve got this:

Worth it!

Sponsored by:
Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:03   #105
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looking good. What is the significance of the one blue sleeve?
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:28   #106
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitTattysnuc is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Absolutely lovely. I still believe that this is one of the most stylish builds I've seen - worthy of MDPC...
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2012, 09:37   #107
Meelobee
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlE View Post
Looking good. What is the significance of the one blue sleeve?
Thanks MeddlE, no significance just for looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Absolutely lovely. I still believe that this is one of the most stylish builds I've seen - worthy of MDPC...
Thanks Tattysnuc, doing my best to keep it looking good
Old 18th Jun 2012, 09:57   #108
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome build 5 star for sure!! That cable pass through came out great!!
Old 18th Jun 2012, 23:38   #109
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Worth it!
Oh yeah very nice.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 16:34   #110
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice cable pass through Meloobee.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 07:15   #111
Meelobee
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
Awesome build 5 star for sure!! That cable pass through came out great!!
Thanks bluc! Very happy with how it turned out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Oh yeah very nice.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Nice cable pass through Meloobee.
Thanks Pasliis

mini update:

Been figuring out a way to connect the EATX cables, without running a bundle of cables in front of the mobo, this is what I came up with:

Testfit (crappy iPhone pic )

Now let's hope the bars won't melt (2mm brass)
Old 20th Jun 2012, 09:39   #112
The_Crapman
MD of M.Z.A. Inc and Weasel Pimp

The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.The_Crapman is definitely a rep cheat.
that is fricken sweet!

How to Get a FREE (sort of) Hard Drive and Other Small Parts
The_Crapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 14:33   #113
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm definitely not sure about this but isn't copper best for the crazy power mod.

Only ever seen this crazy awesome approach done once before by Chiller on a thermaltake level 10 evga sr-2 extreme overclocking mod.

Flipping awesome power mod though, love it, I believe he insulated it some how also so it wouldn't be as dangerous.

Brave power mod this.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 15:01   #114
Meelobee
Supermodder

Thanks Crapman & Waynio

Not sure how this is gonna work out, I haven't tested it yet, But I'm sure it will work just fine. (top row is 12v, bottom row is 0v). And ofcourse the bars will be isolated, the pics show how far I got with it last night. Gonna try and finish it tonight And yeah I've only seen it on the videocards in Chillers mod too.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 15:31   #115
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Hope it works nice mate, will be a very nice feature of the project, will end up looking amazingly clean.
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 20:32   #116
Meelobee
Supermodder

Allright, took a little longer as expected (life got in the way, lol) but here's another update:

Update!

Filled the gaps between the pins on the eatx connector with metalputty and filed it down:

Bend the other ends of the brass bars into shape:

Fits like a glove

There will be some spacers in between the 2 bars, and the bars will be isolated from eachother by either heatshrinks or plastidip.

Old 23rd Jun 2012, 22:23   #117
Pranja
Crazy Wolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice, MOAR pictures.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 22:28   #118
Shurika
Multimodder

Shurika has yet to learn the way of the DremelShurika has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The idea of hard wires isn`t new, but you did it absolutely perfect! btw, don`t you think about hard cooper wires in isolation? What the main reason you used wires without isolation?
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 23:46   #119
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Put some heatshrink or rubberpaint on those rails
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 00:39   #120
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Good idea, but i would have just made it come out the top with an insert like the 24 pin.

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode