bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 24th Jun 2012, 09:26   #121
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
... and now you've incorporated one of my favourite mods. This just gets better.

HOW did you get the GPU power line to bend to perfectly...?

I love this build more and more each time I see it.
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 17:24   #122
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
What GPU?

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 18:49   #123
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
What GPU?
Apologies. It was the GPU on Chillers mod. On yours you are using it to power the EATX port...
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 20:13   #124
haggisathome
Supermodder

haggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremelhaggisathome has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
fantastic workmanship

your project is cleaner than clean dude
haggisathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:35   #125
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
Nice, MOAR pictures.
Thanks and sorry to disappoint, pictureless update today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurika View Post
The idea of hard wires isn`t new, but you did it absolutely perfect! btw, don`t you think about hard cooper wires in isolation? What the main reason you used wires without isolation?
Nope it's been done before (Chiller has solid bars on his vidcards) Main reason I used these is that I had em laying around. And ofcourse the bars will be isolated, as I said between the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Put some heatshrink or rubberpaint on those rails
Sir Yes Sir! (Looks like text between 2 pictures isn't read.)

Quote:
Good idea, but i would have just made it come out the top with an insert like the 24 pin.
Thought about that option too, but chose to keep the top clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
... and now you've incorporated one of my favourite mods. This just gets better.

HOW did you get the GPU power line to bend to perfectly...?

I love this build more and more each time I see it.
Thanks Tattysnuc, the bending was easy, the bars are only 2mm so I just used pliers.
and yeah what GPU?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggisathome View Post
fantastic workmanship

your project is cleaner than clean dude
Thanks haggis!

I think I'm going to redo the bars, but this time I'll make them out of 3mm copper, which should be alot better in regards to handling the currents. The problem is 3mm copper bars are hard to get here...
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2012, 18:52   #126
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Those atx power rods look awesome I cant to see their finished look. Maybe you could chrome plate them then insulate with some sort of thick clear layer.

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2012, 23:02   #127
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
hmm chrome could be cool.. but no, the rods will be matt black, so they'll blend in with the mobo (on the pic below I've covered them with black heatshrink)

I like to use alot of cleartube for the looks, but I'm not sure if this will hold, what do guys think, will this corner hold like this:
Old 30th Jun 2012, 23:47   #128
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I don't do water cooling, nearly everyone else does though, should still be good & solid I'd expect with it all being quality parts.

Sure someone who knows for sure will soon say but my guess is it will be fine.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 00:19   #129
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Those look like rotary fittings, I find with mine after I have run the loop for a bit the rubber washers seem to seat themselves rather well and almost stick in place. I would assume its the heat and the pressure in the system. Also there wont be to much water on that corner so im pretty sure the corner will hold up well.
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 23:34   #130
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Allright I'll keep the corner like that

Update!

So yeah the brass rods.. They looked cool, but material wise they were crap. So I redid them, this time in 3mm solid copper
The connectors on the rods are isolated 2 layers Plastidip (rubberpaint) and the rods are isolated with heatshrink:

Bonuspic:
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 23:55   #131
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
that last pic...is amazing...so awesome...can't think of worthy praise...
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 02:54   #132
The boy 4rm oz
Project: Elegant-Li

The boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the DremelThe boy 4rm oz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic idea for the mobo 8 pin, looks really slick!
Project: LEXA FINISHED MOTM Nominee October 08
The boy 4rm oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 04:29   #133
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Yea it looks good, but just doesnt fit with the theme.

Maybe you should do another piece like the 24 pin and have them come out here and arc over

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

Old 3rd Jul 2012, 12:50   #134
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foregasm View Post
that last pic...is amazing...so awesome...can't think of worthy praise...
Thanks Foregasm, I quite like the look of it myself. Final leds will be RGB strips

Quote:
Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
Fantastic idea for the mobo 8 pin, looks really slick!
Thank you The boy 4rm oz

Quote:
Yea it looks good, but just doesnt fit with the theme.

Maybe you should do another piece like the 24 pin and have them come out here and arc over
It doesn't fit yet, hopefully it will blend in more after I've done the GPU connector in the same style. However I thought about the option you drew but that would mess up the lightning in the top of the case. And I'm not sure if a bundle of cables on the top of the case would look nice. It will probably break the clean look it has now.
Old 6th Jul 2012, 13:50   #135
Meelobee
Hypermodder

No update yet (sorry!) but something else:

As many of you probably have seen I've 'won' Mod of the Month may 2012 right here at Bit-Tech . (w00h00!)

A big thank you to everyone that voted for me, you guys

I hope you enjoy the rest of the build as much as I do Till next update!

Last edited by Meelobee; 7th Jul 2012 at 22:21.
Old 6th Jul 2012, 14:21   #136
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
I hope you enjoy the rest of the build as much as I do Till next update!
Think I will congrats mate.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2012, 09:31   #137
abbas-it
We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

abbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitabbas-it is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
hey melobee, congratulations buddy, great work and well deserved mod of the month.
will be keeping an eye on your progress, keep it coming.
abbas-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jul 2012, 22:32   #138
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Think I will congrats mate.
Thanks Waynio

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas-it View Post
hey melobee, congratulations buddy, great work and well deserved mod of the month.
will be keeping an eye on your progress, keep it coming.
Thanks abbas-it Following your build with pleasure too!

Small update

Yesterday I've spend some time on sanding (up to P600) a couple of small parts. This morning I sprayed them with primer. After a couple of hours drying I've sanded them again and applied a 2nd layer of primer:

Naked shot:

After priming:

I like how the edges of the meshed parts seem to be made out of 1 piece

Till next time
Old 7th Jul 2012, 23:11   #139
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.MeddlE is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh my, does this mean the whole thing is getting painted?
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2012, 01:00   #140
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

If white is the color and youre not using auto paint, i suggest epoxy paint, like is used on refrigerators. That would be SWEET.

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode