bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 22nd Jul 2012, 22:30   #161
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2012, 23:05   #162
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Looking very nice, good paint finish too.
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 08:51   #163
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Thanks Meddle

Question time, I'm about to apply a coat of clear paint on the parts that are already painted. But I'm not sure if I should sand the last layer of colour before I apply the clear coat, or just appy the clear coat over the last layer of colour without sanding. Is there anyone here that knows what gives the best result?
Old 24th Jul 2012, 11:34   #164
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
SAND IT!!!! specially if your looking for a nice clear mirror finish, Use minimum 600 grit but preferably 1200 grit water paper, wont take to much sanding, when you first start sanding with the water you will find the paper "grips" a bit more, once it goes nice and smooth and the paper slides easily.. move along..

But trust me on this.. sand it!! the finish is FAR better
Old 25th Jul 2012, 01:55   #165
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
^Sounds a good tip.

The look at the moment looks excellent but I guess it can be even better so why not.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Jul 2012, 18:49   #166
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Small update!

Sanding and painting is a time consuming business, so I'm a bit slow with updates recently. Good news is that I have completely taken the case apart and sanded most of the parts in preparation for painting. I've also finished painting a couple of parts:

The PSU housing:

Last edited by Meelobee; 29th Jul 2012 at 19:31. Reason: Added pics of PSU housing
Old 29th Jul 2012, 18:51   #167
MeddlE
Supermodder

MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeddlE is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow, excellent finish on the paint, this is going to look superb. Heck, it already does.
MeddlE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2012, 04:46   #168
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome paint work if only I could paint like that.
Old 30th Jul 2012, 17:02   #169
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
This is really really nice Meelobee, looks gorgeous mate.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2012, 19:12   #170
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nomnomnom!!! like glass mate, it looks puuuuuurfect!
Old 30th Jul 2012, 19:38   #171
Blooddrunken
In Flames we Trust

Blooddrunken has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
awesome paintjob
Blooddrunken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2012, 04:56   #172
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Everytime I look at that paint I am amzed like lookin into a glass of milk As good as any paintwork I have seen done by professional painters on hot rods and show cars
Old 31st Jul 2012, 05:44   #173
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome work, just awesome, looking forward to finished product

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2012, 12:08   #174
Phyonics
Modder

Phyonics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic paint work
Phyonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2012, 12:09   #175
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet paintjob those panels look awesome

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2012, 22:13   #176
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Worthy of MDPC easily. Can;t wait to see the finished goods.
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Aug 2012, 14:48   #177
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Thanks alot guys, I'm really happy with the results myself, and it shows that good preparation really does make a difference I hope all goes well with the big panel for the right side, it's the biggest piece and the one I'm most likely to mess up..

And yet another paint update:

I'm done with the primer on all the frame and all the panels (minus the panel with the mobo, I still need to drill and cut in that.)
All parts were sanded to P1200 and then got their first layers of primer. After a day I sanded it it all to P1200 again and added the second layer of primer. After it dried I sanded it to P2000 and used a cleaner to get rid of all the fingerprints etc in preparation for paint:

Now all I need is some decent weather, it's been too windy/rainy to paint outside lately.
Old 4th Aug 2012, 15:40   #178
shata
What's a Dremel?

shata has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Meelobee,
Im interested sponsoring your build I really love the concept, if you have need for some let me know via ebay message. I would contact you via bit tech but you dont have message system enabled.

Here

Thanks!
shata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2012, 10:41   #179
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Hey Shata, not sure how ebay message works, so I've joined your FB group.

Last edited by Meelobee; 6th Aug 2012 at 10:33.
Old 6th Aug 2012, 10:38   #180
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Teasertime! (phonepics, sorry!)

Yesterday I started rebuilding the frame:

Wired up the main powerconnector & On/Off switch. The blue cable is for the 7" touchscreen.

Front bar = shiny!

Tags
asus z77, inverted

View Mode