bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 22nd May 2012, 17:55   #21
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice one - 30W per channel! How about that, Aqua Computer?!?!??!!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 20:06   #22
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president

Sponsor update

I also want to welcome a great sponsor for this build .... Highflow
Given the great choice of products, I have choosen some nice stuff.

Always nice to a Highflow package, Thank you Freddy!!!

First two beautifull reservoirs. The EK-Multioption RES X2 - 250 Advanced

Some Tygon R3603 - HighFlow - 1/2 ID - 3/4 OD - Clear tube

And nine great NorthQ 120MM 3711RL Silent Tornado fans

Also a small 80MM NorthQ 3709RL Silent Tornado

Playing with the fans

I'm very satisfied with the fans, They will look perfect in this build

And last 2x Acryl Paneel - UV Rood / Transparant - 500x500mm

Once everything unpacked, it's modding time. Cut a piece of red acrylic and cut a hole in it for a tube

In the black acrylic I have cut 2 holes with the size of the reservoirs cut to keep them in place

And cut a little piece for a fillport

Two fillports for the hdd cooler with a little touch of red

Playing with the tubes and of course placed the fans

Also placed the reservoirs with some BP links (these will be black)

After a bit of measuring and other small things, made the aluminum plate black

And placed everything back

Again connected the tubes

And two pics how one side stands now .... on to the next

kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 02:55   #23
Saltire35
Drunken Scotsman

Saltire35 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stunning!
Saltire35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 06:38   #24
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Hm... I'm quite torn.

See, all Kier-builds of late have had those dead straight Bitspower crystal links, straight tubing or simply used straight acrylic pipes.

This one has tubes that bend. I definately have to get used to you now doing what most of us do.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2012, 12:15   #25
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
I'm still not sure about the tubing....but straight pipes again??? maybe

Old 31st May 2012, 23:12   #26
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
I see straight tubing as part of you and your "brand"

IMO straight tubing is whats setting your mods apart from the crowd

Keep doing it, innovate it maybe, but keep the core.
I look forward getting on with my own M8 again, and will be giving you some competition with it

Last edited by p0Pe; 31st May 2012 at 23:18.
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2012, 17:24   #27
kier
-----------------

Thanks p0Pe

I allready switched to straight but don't want to be predictable
About your M8.....you allready won the competition your M8 is beautifull
Wish I had your skills and machines

A little pic of the straight pipes instead of the tubing

And did some funny things to the mobo tray

Old 2nd Jun 2012, 00:29   #28
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't ever stop with the straight tubing. It's fantastic.
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 08:03   #29
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Loving this Kier!

And I've always had a soft spot for tilting the mobo backplate!!! Looking damn good!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 13:00   #30
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah looks good Like eye candy
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 13:20   #31
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like the straight tubing better and that tilt looks wicked. all coming along really well. Goan be a monster of a build this is
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 20:59   #32
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foregasm View Post
Don't ever stop with the straight tubing. It's fantastic.
Lol, sorry for the tubing thing. straight it will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Loving this Kier!

And I've always had a soft spot for tilting the mobo backplate!!! Looking damn good!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream1 View Post
Yeah looks good Like eye candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
I like the straight tubing better and that tilt looks wicked. all coming along really well. Goan be a monster of a build this is
Thank you Jeff

So after some thinking and some urging of fellow modders I decided to do everything straight. It's more work ... but I'm in no hurry

Also a nice idea I have seen in another build is the tilted mobo. Made the back plate again with 2mm aluminum, and marked the shape of the backtray

Sawing, drilling and Filing

Placed the original mobo tray, pasted black vinyl again to get it black. Maybe a bit lazy but this is so easy, quick, scratch resistant, inexpensive and just the right color.

The tilted mobo

Missing something ... red I think. therefore entirely dismantled the backplate and cut a red plate

And everything reassembled, this time with countersunk m3 bolts. Rivets are unfortunately too short now

Nice touch... inside is red now

And placed it. Now with some daylight pics

Placed NorthQ fans in front instead of the Turbine masters

And received some nice red hardware

An made an additional air outlet​​. Will place mesh later.

Furthermore beeing busy with the acrylic pipe, to get this as straight as possible. Just like the other side, cut a piece of aluminum with fanhole

Made it black and cut and placed a piece of red acrylic. Placed a loose tube for size and see if it's straight

And fits nicely along the mobo tray

And the weekend is over ... unfortunately. More Next week

Last edited by kier; 21st Jul 2012 at 16:03.
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 21:18   #33
tobyak
Multimodder

tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.tobyak is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
im finding it hard feeling this build, its feeling very same old same old, i love the older projects but this and a few others most notably CM2 dont seem to have any heart to them , just "jobs". the craftsmanship is s ever excelent

Do you think that it has stoped being a fun hobby and turned in to a 9-5 job?

Last edited by tobyak; 3rd Jun 2012 at 21:24.
tobyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 21:30   #34
kier
-----------------

Sorry to hear, Any build that I make is without Compromise and has all of my attention, not just a "job". I want to see for myself what I can do with different cases...and share it

It's definitely still a hobby and is just something I like to do

Old 3rd Jun 2012, 21:58   #35
KiiYzOo
Multimodder

KiiYzOo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking awesome as always Kier

where can I get the straight tubing? I'd love to use some in my next build
KiiYzOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 00:44   #36
samfgr
techno : my life

samfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysissamfgr can run Crysis
looking great like all your mods I saw i'm looking foward to the rest of it
samfgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 19:31   #37
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiYzOo View Post
Looking awesome as always Kier

where can I get the straight tubing? I'd love to use some in my next build
I've bought it at http://www.bouwplastics.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfgr View Post
looking great like all your mods I saw i'm looking foward to the rest of it
Thanks bro

And thank you Bit-tech for the nomination....again

Old 7th Jun 2012, 02:04   #38
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I VOTE KIER.
Old 7th Jun 2012, 02:51   #39
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Damn thats some nice tubing you used there, I always wanted to try it but I'm a little offset by the price of all the fittings

What fittings did you use? Quick SLI connectors to plug the arcyl pipes into?
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 09:53   #40
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This looks great. I love the way you mixed red and black plexi.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode