bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 30th Jun 2012, 18:56   #61
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Getting some nice hardware for this build I know what you mean about nervs while making the mobo tray, so many measurements have to be absolutely spot on, its a good feel when it all works out ok though

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 00:23   #62
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes, there are so many unknowns. My dodgy drill press being one of them and teh not-so-straight-anymore drills that I use. I would like to throw some money at better tools at some point, but I will need a better workshop before that. It WILL happen sooner or later.

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 01:12   #63
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
That drill guide made from a bit of aluminium square bar or flat bar which I clamp to materials now is really nice & accurate & they can be made with a dodgy drill press Mads, I know because mine is a dodgy drill press also.

Far cheaper than a nice drill press like £2 to £10 all in if you already have a basic drill press, power drill & a G clamp, it improved my drilling a lot, was always suffering from wandering drill bits unless I used a spot drill before hand & even that wasn't as accurate as Angel OD's idea.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 01:18   #64
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Interesting!

Got a link that explains the idea?

Old 1st Jul 2012, 01:31   #65
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Post 570 & various others in my log. It was a tip I seen Angel OD giving for doing perfectly straight tapping & knew it would apply great for drilling also.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....&postcount=570

Last edited by Waynio; 1st Jul 2012 at 01:33. Reason: link
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 01:21   #66
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Post 570 & various others in my log. It was a tip I seen Angel OD giving for doing perfectly straight tapping & knew it would apply great for drilling also.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost....&postcount=570
Awesome tip - thanks!

Spent a couple of nights drilling, tapping, cutting and countersinking.

Takes quite a while to do perfectly, but I'm getting there.

Countersinking:

This is the mounting plate for the pump/reservoir combo:

PSU mounting plate:

Made a hole to route cables through from underneath the mobo tray:

The bolts don't stick out too much:

Made a support bracket from 1 mm. aluminium to hold the pump/reservoir mounting plate in place:

This is how the entire bench looks like after tonight's work:

Old 3rd Jul 2012, 05:10   #67
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Looking good.
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 12:25   #68
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Thanks

Old 3rd Jul 2012, 12:26   #69
Lehani
Multimodder

Lehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the DremelLehani has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks wierd with alle that blue tape and plastic
Lehani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2012, 23:12   #70
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Mads is rawkin and rollin! ...I will reserve a Blog feature on this when it's finished
Old 4th Jul 2012, 00:19   #71
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good stuff
Meelobee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2012, 23:45   #72
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehani View Post
Looks wierd with alle that blue tape and plastic
Indeed, it does. Eager to get the protective film off and see if I countersunk all holes just right.

However, still got some cut-outs to do and some holes to drill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Mads is rawkin and rollin! ...I will reserve a Blog feature on this when it's finished
STOP PUTTING PRESSURE ON ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Good stuff
Thanks!

Old 5th Jul 2012, 00:21   #73
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Can't wait to see the unveiled version of the mod .

This looks like a steampunk version of the case you are building lol

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2012, 15:36   #74
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Has the look of the Dimas about it but sleeker....i do like a tidy bench,will be watching with interest.

Perhaps its time for a skratch build for myself......
B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2012, 08:53   #75
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
Can't wait to see the unveiled version of the mod .

This looks like a steampunk version of the case you are building lol
Thanks. However, I am not building a case right now (it's being planned, though), so maybe you have me confused with someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
Has the look of the Dimas about it but sleeker....i do like a tidy bench,will be watching with interest.

Perhaps its time for a skratch build for myself......
It's always time for scratch builds.

This one will be put on hold for a while, though. I will start a customer project after the weekend - and that one has a strict deadline.

Old 6th Jul 2012, 14:08   #76
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Thanks. However, I am not building a case right now (it's being planned, though), so maybe you have me confused with someone else?
What I was trying to say that this could be another version of your "scrapbench" (just with raw materials!)

Waiting for updates.

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2012, 15:12   #77
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.mnpctech is definitely a rep cheat.
Shipped your order out Mads! and had one sample left, of this new PC Temperature Gauge product left, and now offering as one of the MOTM prizes. Maybe you could implement into your Scrapbench, for monitoring the temp on one of the components..

Link to PC Temp Gauge from Mnpctech.com

Link to machined PC Case feet from Mnpctech.com

[img]

Last edited by mnpctech; 1st Aug 2012 at 16:01.
mnpctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2012, 17:14   #78
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
What I was trying to say that this could be another version of your "scrapbench" (just with raw materials!)
Ah, ok - I get it now.

And thanks..... you gave me a cool idea for a future project just there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpctech View Post
Shipped your order out Mads! and had one sample left, of this new PC Temperature Gauge product left, and now offering as one of the MOTM prizes. Maybe you could implement into your Scrapbench, for monitoring the temp on one of the components..

See, people? MNPCTech HAS to be one of the coolest modding suppliers out there.

THANKS, Bill. I'll put it to good use. Maybe not in The Scrapbench (where I probably will be using an Aquaero), but I got a project coming up for a customer, for which I will start a worklog tonight. And it will probably fit like a glove in there.

Old 9th Jul 2012, 15:10   #79
mnpctech
bit-tech sponsor

Cool, glad you can find a use for it! .... Your order should arrive this week, or early next week
Old 14th Jul 2012, 22:03   #80
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

The bench has to stand on something - and I remembered that Bill Owen from MNPCTech used to make mini-versions of his billet machined aluminum case feet, so I hit him up on Facebook and he gave me a really good deal on a set and also said that he "would throw in a bonus".

So, here's the package, arriving just 6 days after speaking with Bill. That's pretty fast from Minnesota, USA to Roskilde, Denmark!

It's from Bill, alright!

The bonus was a digital thermometer that Bill usually sells for 9.99U$D. Thanks, Bill! You rock pretty much, you know?

Included was also a business card and a "Warranty voided by MNPCTech.com" PC window applique. Not sure where I'll use it yet, but it WILL decorate my workshop somehow.

Let's take a closer looks at those feet:

Bear in mind that they're as small as 1" (roughly 2,5 cm.!). Small, but excellent.

See how they sit on the test bench:

I really, really like them. They were absolutely the right choice for this build.

Now, this project will be halted somehow, as I've taken in a client project.
You can follow that one here:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=233972

Until next time: keep modding. I know I will.

Tags
bench, hotmods.net, nutman, scrapbench, testbench

View Mode