bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Apr 2012, 08:28   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Arctic Freezer i30 review

At £30, the Freezer i30 is certainly cheaper than most of the competition, but does it perform?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...r-i30-review/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 10:20   #2
Jhodas
Theorist

Jhodas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
First!
Welcome back to the party Arctic.
How long was the Freezer 7 on CPCs elite list?
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w
Silverstone FT02-WRI <-- sexy
Jhodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 10:40   #3
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
Does it definitely support LGA775? None of the retailers list it as such.

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 10:54   #4
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instagib
Does it definitely support LGA775? None of the retailers list it as such.
No it doesn't I've just chopped that bit out of the specs, thanks!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 12:34   #5
mikeyman198
Lets pretend this is hilarious.

mikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelmikeyman198 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why does it have an overall score of 77%? I think you just copied the 2011 score and put it as the overall one? I think this might be a mistake
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 12:36   #6
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Usually on an AMD platform these things can only be oriented in one direction because of how they fit on the AMD bracket...

or did you already say that?
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 14:18   #7
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Am I the only one who didn't see a fan speed anywhere? >.<
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 15:13   #8
Combatus

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman198
Why does it have an overall score of 77%? I think you just copied the 2011 score and put it as the overall one? I think this might be a mistake
Not sure how but another score got added at the end - I'm sure that wasn't there to start with! Anyway, that's fixed - it gets 87% for LGA1155 and 77% for LGA2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd223
Usually on an AMD platform these things can only be oriented in one direction because of how they fit on the AMD bracket...

or did you already say that?
The model we tested is only compatible with Intel sockets so we weren't able to see how it can be rotated in AMD systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracos
Am I the only one who didn't see a fan speed anywhere? >.<
I've just added that to the specs.
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 18:10   #9
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Good old arctic cooling! Glad to see them return as well and with such a nice product!
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 18:36   #10
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
The LGA1155 Score breakdown image needs some attention, the scores on the left are less than sharp. I thought it was my eyes but the LGA2011 Score one is a lot sharper below it.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 19:23   #11
Combatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed
The LGA1155 Score breakdown image needs some attention, the scores on the left are less than sharp. I thought it was my eyes but the LGA2011 Score one is a lot sharper below it.
Unfortunately we don't have any way to add additional scores to articles (we only found the need to do this a year or two ago with PSUs). It seems fine on my 24in screen at normal zoom - it only goes fuzzy as you zoom in - maybe try resetting your browser's zoom?
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 19:47   #12
TrevDX
Ah Who Cares Anyway???

TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
I see what you mean Speed the figures just look a little fuzzy. Not a great deal but just enough to notice.

This seems a nice cooler for the price. Good for budget builds.

Steam : TrevDX
TrevDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 21:50   #13
Speed
I'm all you need!

Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.Speed is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
Unfortunately we don't have any way to add additional scores to articles (we only found the need to do this a year or two ago with PSUs). It seems fine on my 24in screen at normal zoom - it only goes fuzzy as you zoom in - maybe try resetting your browser's zoom?
It is definately not the browser zoom, I do use a 1600p monitor so maybe that has something to do with how noticable it is.

Not moaning you understand, just trying to be helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevDX View Post
I see what you mean Speed the figures just look a little fuzzy. Not a great deal but just enough to notice.
Indeed not the end of the world, just thought it was odd.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 22:35   #14
Pookie
Shirty is an absolute legend

Pookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just installed this on a i7 3820 and so far so good. Core temp reports idle temps @ 38-41 degrees. I havn't pushed the system yet yet to see how well it copes under load. I will say that the shroud around the fan caused issues with the RAM and had to be removed so i could fill all memory slots.
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / Corsair RM850/ Westmere Xeon X5650 2.66Ghz Hex core / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 12:04   #15
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was going to ask how it affected RAM slots. Given the size of socket 2011, I'm guessing it will completely foul 2 slots on an 1156 board. Damn!

Did anyone notice this sort of issue during testing? It'd be nice to add into the article if so. (Apologies if you already have this in the article, but I'm sure I read it all properly lol)

Corsair Graphite 230T ¶ Athlon X4 760K @ 4.8GHz ¶ ASRock A88X Extreme6+ ¶ Corsair H100 ¶ 8GB Patriot 1600 ¶ No SSD ¶ 250GB HDD ¶ MSI 6770 1GB @ 950/1200 ¶ OCZ 700W
noizdaemon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 12:24   #16
Pookie
Shirty is an absolute legend

Pookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming SaiyanPookie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noizdaemon666
I was going to ask how it affected RAM slots. Given the size of socket 2011, I'm guessing it will completely foul 2 slots on an 1156 board. Damn!

Did anyone notice this sort of issue during testing? It'd be nice to add into the article if so. (Apologies if you already have this in the article, but I'm sure I read it all properly lol)
Im not even sure if low profile DiMM's will work as the shroud is a bit of a monster. I can confirm you will have to remove the shroud if using on a ASUS Rampage IV using Corsair Vengence modules. I even considered switching the cooler around so it exhausted out of the roof (Antec mini P180) but then it would have covered the first PCI-E slot
Fractal R4/ GA-X58A-UD3R / Corsair RM850/ Westmere Xeon X5650 2.66Ghz Hex core / Corsair H60 (2013 Model) with 2 x Corsair SP120 / Corsair Force GT 120 SSD /Sapphire R9 290X / 12GB (3x4GB)Corsair Dominator 1600mhz with Airflow Kit / AOC i2757fm 27" IPS Monitor/ Razer Lachesis.
Rotel RA-02 Amplifier/ B&W DM601 S3/ QED XT350 With Airlock plugs/All QED Interconnects.

http://www.compucare.co.uk/
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 21:16   #17
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Hmmmm, cheap, beats the dark rock pro & with only 1 fan, the saving can be used to mod it to be very awesome, must buy one.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 04:41   #18
Goty
Supermodder

Goty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A thought on the LGA2011 temps: did you try with the cooler rotated 90 degrees from the stated results? Despite the effects of the heat spreader, Sandy Bridge's elongated die could be sensitive to the orientation of the cooler if the heatpipes don't cover the entire IHS.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 06:01   #19
randis1981
What's a Dremel?

randis1981 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
please revision ARCTIC COOLING ACFZA30 120mm Fluid Dynamic Freezer A30 AMD CPU Cooler for Enthusiasts
randis1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2012, 06:57   #20
fata1_666

fata1_666 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sorry but im using Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro on my i5 2400 and handles the temps very well without loads of noise. why by the new one when the old version works just as good and cheaper??
fata1_666 is offline   Reply With Quote