bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:05   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Triple your Dropbox capacity for free

Get lots of extra storage for free...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/2012/04...city-for-free/
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:25   #2
Hamfunk
I AM KROGAN!

Hamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by brumgrunt View Post
both of you get a 500MB bonus with a massive 16GB limit.
As of 2 days ago the friend referral bonus was boosted to 1GB per referral with a maximum of 32GB. Maybe worth updating the article!

I got excited by the article title, thinking I could triple my 100GB storage limit! I am currenlty hassling Dropbox to give me more space, something in the range of 200GB. SugarSync (a dropbox competitor) offer 250GB for $25/month which is a much better deal than dropbox. Might jump ship in the near future.

That said, the dropbox free account is a great free service! There is also android/iphone apps that allow you to access your files on the move!
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:29   #3
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
At 3.1GB free so far!! Just doing the photo upload service from mobile.
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:30   #4
OzThe2
What's a Dremel?

OzThe2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent - I'm on it now thank you for the tips.
OzThe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:33   #5
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfunk View Post
As of 2 days ago the friend referral bonus was boosted to 1GB per referral with a maximum of 32GB. Maybe worth updating the article!

I got excited by the article title, thinking I could triple my 100GB storage limit! I am currenlty hassling Dropbox to give me more space, something in the range of 200GB. SugarSync (a dropbox competitor) offer 250GB for $25/month which is a much better deal than dropbox. Might jump ship in the near future.

That said, the dropbox free account is a great free service! There is also android/iphone apps that allow you to access your files on the move!
Really? It still says 500MB over most of the site for referrals.

Sadly this is only for people using the free version - I totally agree about gaps in the pricing and service though. It's a hefty hike from free to the first tier for starters.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:39   #6
Hamfunk
I AM KROGAN!

Hamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming SaiyanHamfunk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
Really? It still says 500MB over most of the site for referrals.

Sadly this is only for people using the free version - I totally agree about gaps in the pricing and service though. It's a hefty hike from free to the first tier for starters.
I suspect the site will be updated soon, even my friends with free accounts got the email from Dropbox saying the referrals were increased to 1GB and they also plan to backdate any referrals that have already been processed!

I'm huge fan of the service, and for backing up photos its the only real solution! Hopefully soon they will make a bigger effort to compete with SugarSync!
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:42   #7
slaw
At Argos buying "gold"

slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Talking of free space, if anyone wants to sing up using my referal, then we both get some extra space

http://db.tt/VcENobN

ta
GTX 480
slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 10:47   #8
sparkyboy22
Web Tinkerer

sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Get 16gb without spamming your mates:

1. Register for google adwords but dont use it.
2. Wait for a free voucher to be emailed to you.
3. Place an add for dropbox with the keyword dropbox
4. Wait for the referalls to roll in.

Online RC Shop Search Engine
sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 11:11   #9
alecamused
Supermodder

alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamfunk View Post
livedrive's pro-package offers 5tb for ~17 + unlimited backupspace for 5 pcs ...
Old 13th Apr 2012, 11:15   #10
Material
Soco Amaretto Lime
bit-tech Staff

Material is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitMaterial is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Pro Tip - Do the photo upload thing at work rather than at home

bit-tech on Facebook - Custom PC on Facebook - bit-tech on Twitter

Steam ID: votelarry - BFBC2 ID: M4terial - Feel free to add me
Material is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 11:28   #11
Hg
The game known as life

Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Hg is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I tend to use sugarsync instead of dropbox as you start off with 5gb for free and get more for referrals etc.
But its best feature is the ability to sync multiple folders, across multiple machines so i use it to save my game saves which dont work on the cloud yet between all my PCs .

Check it out
https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?r...areEvent=37665
Trident- My first case mod, Project Log
Hg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 11:31   #12
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaw
Talking of free space, if anyone wants to sing up using my referal, then we both get some extra space

http://db.tt/VcENobN

ta
Done!
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 11:54   #13
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
HTC One users get 25Gb free for 2 years - there was a crack think but it's been revoked...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 12:20   #14
slaw
At Argos buying "gold"

slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.slaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by do_it_anyway View Post
Done!
Thanks!!! + Rep
GTX 480

Last edited by slaw; 13th Apr 2012 at 18:07.
slaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 15:36   #15
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet, missed a few of those so now sitting on 2.75GB before I try the photo upload

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 16:07   #16
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I got roped in to sign up for DropBox about 1.5 years ago and also pestered a couple of pals to do it. Ended up with 3.75GB free space, but haven't used DropBox since. Don't really trust them. Especially after the row last year about their terms of service.

A colleague at work swears by SpiderOak, by the way. Should be a lot more secure.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 16:15   #17
Gareth Halfacree
WIIGII!
bit-tech Staff

Gareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming SaiyanGareth Halfacree is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I use SpiderOak and Box - SpiderOak for security, and Box 'cos they gave HP TouchPad owners 50GB for free. Which is nice.
Gareth Halfacree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 18:32   #18
RedFlames
is not KidMod

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I use it for sharing stuff between my VM[s] and the host PC as it seemed to be the easiest option and i hardly dent the 2GB... but more is always better... as is free...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:14   #19
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I use Box.net personally. 50gb's of free space, 2gb file limits for any free account on android or iphone. Also works with PC but the 50gb for free has to be activated through a phone I think. They run that as a limited time offer every few months for the past year or so. I tried Dropbox and just didn't like it.
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:39   #20
lamboman
I *am* a Dremel

lamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremellamboman has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Now up to 3.38GB, and didn't even keep the Twitter and Facebook connections. I use Dropbox to sync documents between my machines, and it just works flawlessly without me having to worry about anything. Tried SugarSync but found that it whole files rather than changes, and would disconnect more frequently than Dropbox did, so ended up coming back.

SugarSync should technically be superior to Dropbox, but the reliability just lets it down a bit. The fact that everything has to be synced through the Dropbox folder is a bit of a pain, but aliases and Dock shortcuts completely remove that annoyance for my usage.
lamboman is offline   Reply With Quote