bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th Apr 2012, 11:26   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
EA confirms Crysis 3 for 2013

EA has confirmed it will be launching Crysis 3 in 2013, with pre-orders open now.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...rms-crysis-3/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 11:46   #2
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Still yet to play through Crysis 2, it just doesn't hold the same appeal as the original game and the fact that PC wasn't lead platform meant it felt like another poorly executed console port.

Will EA push for Crytek to make the PC lead platform like Dice did for BF3?
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 12:35   #3
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Don't forget that PCs were the lead platform until they (DICE/EA) switched to the PS3.

I was slightly disappointed with Crysis and Warhead which is why I haven't purchased 2. Maybe when it's cheap I'll pick it up. The screenshots I've seen look like an artist's rendition to me.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.

Last edited by Jack_Pepsi; 2nd May 2012 at 14:01.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 12:44   #4
pucpop
What's a Dremel?

pucpop has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis 2 is amazing, I loved every moment. Still the best looking game.
pucpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 13:37   #5
Omnituens
Hypermodder

Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Omnituens is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Assume this will require Origin, rather than an option.

Interest lost.
Old 17th Apr 2012, 14:19   #6
Shayper09
Swimming in Deionized.

Shayper09 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why? ^
Watercooled Phantom
Click For Build Log
Shayper09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 15:10   #7
Disposeablehero
What's a Dremel?

Disposeablehero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucpop View Post

It didn't even look as good as crysis 2, or a plethora of other games, it was very watered down graphically. Heck even Ps3 games like Uncharted looked better. Game was massive fail in every way.
Disposeablehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 15:13   #8
Disposeablehero
What's a Dremel?

Disposeablehero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucpop
It didn't look half as good as crysis 1, nor a plethora of other games. Heck it was massive fail in every way.
Disposeablehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 15:16   #9
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
EA: OK guys Crysis 2 didn't do as well as we hoped

YERLI: Well consoles are holding things back too much, the original crysis....

EA: Perfect, lets reuse everything from the second game....only add a jungle theme from the first one to it

YERLY: What, no, why, how?

EA: Never mind that, we could get north korea to invade as well and unknown to everyone there is a doment alien you have to capture.

YERLY: I'm phoning nanosuitninja.......................
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 15:17   #10
mighty_pirate
Multimodder

mighty_pirate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Crysis 2 was very pretty, shame the graphics upgrade came a month after launch, but that's no longer that relevant. Some decent gameplay moments in there too in places.
My beef with it was that the story made no sense in relation to the first game. It was like a reboot & unfortunately I also liked the atmosphere & alien design of the first one better. So my feelings towards 2 were kind of ruined. Since 3 is continuing in that (as far as I'm concerned) inferior canon, I doubt I'm going to be interested.
mighty_pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 16:19   #11
feedayeen
Multimodder

feedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayper09
Why? ^
For me, it's because Origin isn't a competitor to Steam. Until major titles exist on both platforms, you simply have 2 monopolies in the same market.

Downsides are:
There is no price advantage since you can not buy a product at a competing store
It's always on, just like Steam and Impusle, just hogging a few resources
It's another account I need to manage, and this one is tied to my banking information too
It encourages fragmentation in digital distribution which is the only industry keeping PC gaming alive, the potential end result is that every single major studio will attempt to create their own 'competitor' to distribute their games.
feedayeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 16:20   #12
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucpop View Post
good joke there.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 19:21   #13
Eiffie
Supermodder

Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Eiffie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
More Tara Strickland in Directx11 please. Thank you!!!
I5-750 @ 4GHz - MSI P55-GD65 - 8GB Crucial DDR3 1600 - EVGA GTX 680 2GB - 1 Western Digital Black 1TB - 2 Western Digital Green 2TB - 700W Silverstone PSU - H50 Water Cooling Unit - Win7 64-Bit - Logitech G400 - Cooler Master QuickFire Pro MX Brown - Steelseries Icemat V2 - Blue Microphone Snowball - Logitech C920 Webcam
Eiffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 19:56   #14
Er-El
Supermodder

Er-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the DremelEr-El has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh gosh here come all the cynics, when they haven't even shown any gameplay yet. Quit your bitchin, honestly. Yes, Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as good a game as C1, but C1 set the bar way too high to beat and C2 is still a decent game compared to most shooters anyway.
Er-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Apr 2012, 19:59   #15
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
good joke there.
Agreed, I didn't even bother to finish it thought it was boring myself.

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 10:43   #16
fodder
Multimodder

fodder has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedayeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayper09
Why? ^
For me, it's because Origin isn't a competitor to Steam. Until major titles exist on both platforms, you simply have 2 monopolies in the same market.

Downsides are:
There is no price advantage since you can not buy a product at a competing store
It's always on, just ..........
Got BF3 for £25 at play, mucho cheaper.

Agree with the rest, except you can leave origin off until you want to play BF3. Shame it has to on during the game, all my server connection issues are due to Origin. Also narked that every time I launch it get a pop up add for some crap game.
fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 22:52   #17
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Quote:
Crysis 3 is a thrilling mix of sandbox gameplay, advanced combat and hi-tech human and alien weaponry that shooter fans will love,' claimed Cevat Yerli, Crytek chief executive
They could've said this about any of them games. That to me just says it is a rehash without originality, not interested.

Sent from Bittech Android app
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2012, 15:01   #18
Donteatmypanda
What's a Dremel?

Donteatmypanda has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking forward to seeing what crytek do next with no 3- my hopes are for larger play environments with less spoon fed mid level story like in crysis 1 (the degree in which you were able to veer from the path impressed)

Agree with other posters comments in that crysis 1 set the industry gaming experience/visulas bar so high in 2007 (mainly because the tech required to enjoy max settings didnt exist yet with some of the cryengine 2 features - (smooth character animations /large play environments/ realtime physics rather than set piece events /post processing motion blur and so on) it makes it easy to notice when these features are streamlined or out right removed (hence crysis 2 back lash)

Also the new bow sounds like fun to me. Please crytek sort out the AI this time around though because seeing the beautiful game characters walk into the walls was just poo.
Donteatmypanda is offline   Reply With Quote