bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 29th Aug 2012, 00:05   #61
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Definetly 3.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 07:03   #62
tekonivel
Multimodder

tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!tekonivel - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
option 3. looking good!
tekonivel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 08:46   #63
rwb97
Addicted to modding

rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.rwb97 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
3 for me, fantastic build!
Quote:
I got my first real 24-pin.... Bought it at the five-and-dime.... Sleeved it till my fingers bled.... Was the summer of '69
rwb97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2012, 10:34   #64
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Dk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks all for the feedback. I will wait for more replies then decide what to do

Personally I like option 1 because the light on the 4th level is the most balanced and stable. The one on the third layer will probably need to be upgraded again if I add the text there.

First I used 6 leds, now 9 and probably in future 12
Dk_vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Aug 2012, 10:11   #65
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I would have chose option 3 too but if it's causing an unwanted conflict with the light I'll leave it to you to decide, you came up with the nice vision of the rig so you are capable of picking best place for it.

Would be really sweet if you could engrave it good enough in option 3 position though for the shadows, would boost the awesomeness IMO.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 16:35   #66
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Dk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the DremelDk_vr has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So I've decided to go for option 3.
I have the scheme ready for cutting with laser. Now I just need some time to go to the workshop.
Thanks for the feedback and I hope it will be nice.

Stay tuned. Pictures incoming soon
Old 2nd Sep 2012, 16:40   #67
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I know it's too late to vote, but also agree on 3rd option.

Looking forward to the update!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2012, 19:46   #68
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Thanks to those people that voted and said what they think.
Together with a friend we made this scheme with Solidworks and I will go in the next few days to the workshop with a laser machine to cut it.

What you think about the picture.

Thanks to my friend Mr3D I can continue working on the build.
Thanks again mate !
Old 7th Sep 2012, 21:26   #69
Samaya
Lion Country

Samaya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like your build. Looks really good.
Old 9th Sep 2012, 07:57   #70
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
I like your build. Looks really good.
Thanks mate...

Few days ago the company called A-data decided to sponsor my build by sponsoring me with a 64GB ssd drive and a SODIMM 2x4GB kit.

Thanks ADATA

Lets not forget the other sponsors too...

Last edited by Dk_vr; 14th Sep 2012 at 07:37.
Old 10th Sep 2012, 18:55   #71
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Today the parts from ADATA arrived:

Old 16th Sep 2012, 20:10   #72
Dk_vr
Multimodder

While I am waiting for the guys from the workshop with the laser to cut the text in one of the aluminium plates, I’ve decided to install the sponsored ADATA SSD and SODIMM memories and try how the mod will work.

First was the SSD. I had to disassemble the whole mod just to install the drive.

Next were the SODIMMS:

After I was done with reassembling the mod I was like – SSD + 8GB memory, I should install Windows and check how the machine performs. And since I don’t have DVD pre-installed and probably not enough power to use one, I had to improvise and use the DVD from my PC by powering it with the Cooler Master Silent Pro 600 and connect the sata cable to the Black and White.

It was a huge mess but the result was satisfying.
Old 21st Sep 2012, 13:28   #73
Dk_vr
Multimodder

A week ago, my friend Mr3D aka Daniel made me a huge favour to draw me a scheme so I can go to a workshop with a laser and get a text cut inside one of the aluminium plates.
So here is the result:

Ok seems I will have to think how to improve the light because it's spreading horizontally inside the acrylic plate but almost not vertically:

And I want to say again: Thanks Daniel for the awesome work and your help!
Old 21st Sep 2012, 14:12   #74
Mr3D
Modder

Mr3D has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr3D has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr3D has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No problem mate! It turned out great!
Mr3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2012, 19:27   #75
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think that is cool feature-"Black" doesn't have light and "white" has light. Turned out great.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 07:08   #76
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Today I am planning to go for painting and I am wondering between black glossy and black matt paint.

What you think about that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranja View Post
I think that is cool feature-"Black" doesn't have light and "white" has light. Turned out great.
I was thinking the same but after I am done with the paint I will see what will happens
Old 25th Sep 2012, 18:37   #77
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Just a small teaser of what will come next...

Old 25th Sep 2012, 19:08   #78
Shad0whunter
Minimodder

Shad0whunter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Really nice paint job....looking awesome pal
Shad0whunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Sep 2012, 23:10   #79
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Ohhhhhh looking very nice Dk.

I think the uneven lighting through the name looks excellent BTW.

Last edited by Waynio; 26th Sep 2012 at 23:11. Reason: I think the uneven lighting through the name looks excellent BTW. :)
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2012, 06:11   #80
Dk_vr
Multimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad0whunter View Post
Really nice paint job....looking awesome pal
Thanks mate. Wait to see all parts painted.
I was amazed from the paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Ohhhhhh looking very nice Dk.

I think the uneven lighting through the name looks excellent BTW.
Thanks.
Yea I think the same. I was thinking to move a bit back the led strip inside that part so all of the letters to be with same lightning effect.

Anyway after all parts were painted I saw that I will have to upgrade the 4th layer lights too.
Soon major update will be released

View Mode