bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 19th Dec 2013, 19:08   #1
AndyBradley_0255
What's a Dremel?

AndyBradley_0255 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ShadowPlay with AMD Radeon possible by adding a GTX??

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a low/mid range GTX to my system so that I can use NVidia ShadowPlay whilst still having the game(s) rendered/processed on my HD7970's?

I know that people in the past used to add NVidia Graphics cards to get PyhsX capabilities with their AMD/ATI rigs. Im just wondering if the same is possible with ShadowPlay?

Using FRAPS just hammers my framerate too much and since upgrading to Win 8.1 i cannot find a codec good enough for DXTory, They all either look rubbish or hammer the frame rate.

Thanks all

I have spare PCIe slots/lanes on my board for another card BTW.
AndyBradley_0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Dec 2013, 20:32   #2
Anakha
Supermodder

Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Anakha is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I don't think that's going to be possible. I suppose if you're using something like SoftTH to redirect rendering then that might work, especially if you had the display connected to the GTX card. Other than that, though, I don't see any way the GTX card could get the data. I think that NVidia is intending to add support to OBS, or something similar, to help with streaming situations, but at the moment it's just ShadowPlay.
Old 19th Dec 2013, 21:15   #3
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Logarith works well I have been using Dxtory and Lagarith with Windows 8.1 for quite awhile.

The Mothership