bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:19   #101
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.
Just to give people a heads up, apparently v1.7.1 has broken a lot of the game, so avoid for now
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2012, 19:41   #102
will_123
Small childs brain in a big body

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
Just to give people a heads up, apparently v1.7.1 has broken a lot of the game, so avoid for now
Will do.

I was in a server last night and somebody must have been using some kind of hack or exploit because planes just started falling from the skys. C310 or something they were massive. There was a massive pile of planes in the middle of cherno haha. I tried to fly one and it just blew up...taking several people with it lol.

Bill

Web Hosting - http://www.goforthhosting.com
will_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2012, 10:13   #103
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
1.7.0 did the same though to be fair, had much better luck with 1.6.

Also in 1.7.0 the other night some pratt kept spawning tanks. lol

Update a few minutes ago saying theres a bug with food and bandages not spawning. More people killing each other FTL

Last edited by MjFrosty; 18th Jun 2012 at 10:19.
MjFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2012, 11:24   #104
suragh
Derp

suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete View Post
No wonder me and a few friends had trouble loading into servers. A few we managed to get in but it was too buggy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Also if any of you are interested in watching Dreamhack, they showcased DayZ.

Old 18th Jun 2012, 14:32   #105
will_123

will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.will_123 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
From the sound of the last few tweets from @dayzmodteam the hatchet might be able to be a weapon! And you no longer spawn with weapon now in update I think....

Bill

Old 18th Jun 2012, 15:14   #106
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Edwards is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Was playing on Sunday on the couple of servers that seemed to be working. The new patch has indeed broken a fair amount, in particular Zeds hitting you through walls and glitching through floors when they run at you.

You spawn with just a bandage and painkillers, which I think was unintentional but now being considered a permanent change. I'm undecided what I think about it, I love the idea of having to creep past groups of Zeds desperately looking for your first weapon, but it can be an absolute ball ache when you die repeatedly because of a stray Zed spawns behind you as you are creeping along, or one on the other side of a building detects you with it's 'spidey sense' (no, I'm not kidding). Also, it allows for a lot of griefing on newly spawned players as they have no way of fighting back, but at the same time people won't be so quick to start a firefight with you if they know how much pain they'll go through to get to where they are again.

Curiously are there any servers you guys tend to stick around on, or is it simply a case of whatever server has lowest ping/slots available in a day timezone?
Intel Core i5 2500k - Maximus V Gene - 4x4 GB Corsair XMS3 1.65v 1600mHz - Asus GTX 570 - 256GB Samsung 830 - Samsung F3 1TB - Samsung F4 2TB - Corsair HX650 - Silverstone TJ08-E - LG IPS231P-BN x 2 - Corsair K70 - CM Storm Inferno
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2012, 21:05   #107
Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.Bloody_Pete is definitely a rep cheat.
I tend to fire no shots for my first few hours of game play. If you're shooting, you're doing it wrong...
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Old 18th Jun 2012, 21:43   #108
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
you need ARMA2: CO for this...? that sucks, iv only got original
Old 19th Jun 2012, 07:58   #109
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
you need ARMA2: CO for this...? that sucks, iv only got original
OAH isn't that expensive though on it's own iirc?

Played the latest patch last night, didn't notice an awful lot if I'm honest, although strangely I had better performance lol. Zombies go down a lot quicker now so you're not wondering if you've actually killed them. They seem to walk a lot quicker too

Last edited by MjFrosty; 19th Jun 2012 at 08:05.
MjFrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 09:34   #110
will_123

Played the update.

Its so much harder now! Going into towns zeds can see you from much further and you make a lot of noise the zeds now go and investigate. Also its now possible to lose zeds if you run for a long time! And don't know if it was just my server but i cant find any food!

Bill

Old 19th Jun 2012, 11:07   #111
rma
Multimodder

rma has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
You spawn with just a bandage and painkillers, which I think was unintentional but now being considered a permanent change.
It was deliberate!

The 1.7.1 change log...
http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10353
Quote:
* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.
IMHO a most retarded change!

I see, though, that he's adding melee weapons in 1.7.1.2
http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15045
Quote:
* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Hatchet (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
* [NEW] Melee Weapon introduced: Crowbar (can only drop through right click in gear menu)
but doesn't say that you will spawn with one.

I know it's meant to be a bleak, survival game - he's got the "bleak" and the "survival" in there but seems to be steering away from it being a "game", ie. fun.

Won't be playing it again, personally, until you spawn with a weapon.
rma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 11:35   #112
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

Bit drastic? Once you've found one, the key is not to die after all. In fact I think it adds incentive to the survival aspect which makes this mod so awesome to begin with lol. Being one of the few games where you REALLY don't want to die
Old 19th Jun 2012, 13:20   #113
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I agree it makes it harder, though I think given a pistol and one mag would be better....as atm I just sprint till I find a weapon, no creeping for me. And it seems you can break line of sight now I've been running like a mad man!

Top of that with lack of food I spawned into a 1.7 server filled my Alice pack with food....great idea I thought.....now makes me a big target on the server.... lone wolf time....
Old 19th Jun 2012, 13:26   #114
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youkingred - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I too complain about a zombie mod on a military simulator's hardness.

It is designed too be hard, IE life, its a one shot deal lol. Either way if you aren't playing it anymore, means more server slots for the rest of us.
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 13:49   #115
suragh
Derp

suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.
Filtered the servers to hide full and yet the majority of them appear full anyways.
Old 19th Jun 2012, 14:22   #116
Otis1337
aka - Reaper

Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.Otis1337 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MjFrosty View Post
OAH isn't that expensive though on it's own iirc?

Played the latest patch last night, didn't notice an awful lot if I'm honest, although strangely I had better performance lol. Zombies go down a lot quicker now so you're not wondering if you've actually killed them. They seem to walk a lot quicker too
its like 15-20 init?
Old 19th Jun 2012, 14:25   #117
suragh
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
its like 15-20 init?
14.99 on steam
Old 19th Jun 2012, 15:30   #118
adzc1987
Supermodder

adzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by suragh View Post
14.99 on steam
If your quick on game.co.uk you can get ARMA X (The old Operation Flashpoints(red hammer+resistance), the orginal ARMA + Expansions, ARMA II + Expansions (OA, PMC and British Forces)) for 14.99 which seems best value for money.

I got a stock alert on game for it the other day, it was out of stock 2 hrs later :O so you need to be on the ball lol

Drop me a PM if you buy an account and I can share the reward with you

Arma3 - VOLCBAT - Realism without the bollocks!
adzc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 16:52   #119
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
You can get Combined Operations (arma 2 + OA) for 19.99 from Bohemia's website.

I like the no weapon at spawn, I just don't like the overly sensitive zombies spotting me from across the map everytime I stand up to look around. I also don't like the barbed wire cos everyone is spamming the towns with the stuff making it nigh on impossible to enter anywhere.

If I had my way I'd remove the option for servers to allow crosshairs and 3rd person, they have no place in a game like this imo.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

Last edited by SMIFFYDUDE; 19th Jun 2012 at 17:16.
SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 17:16   #120
Bloody_Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMIFFYDUDE View Post
You can get Combined Operations (arma 2 + OA) for 19.99 from Bohemia's website.

I like the no weapon at spawn, I just don't like the overly sensitive zombies spotting me from across the map everytime I stand up to look around. I also don't like the barbed wire cos everyone is spamming the towns with the stuff making it nigh on impossible to enter anywhere.

If I had my way I'd revmove the option for servers to allow crosshairs and 3rd person, they have no place in a game like this imo.
3rd person is useful for driving at night though...