bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Apr 2012, 09:33   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Mod Gods - The Best PC Mods Ever Part 1

We've got thousands of projects on our forum, but here are some of our all-time favourites

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/case...-ever-part-1/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 09:45   #2
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My all time high still is project WMD by G-gnome (2005)

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2005.../wmd_g-gnome/1
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 09:49   #3
[USRF]Obiwan
I *am* a Dremel

[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[USRF]Obiwan is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
One more question since I could not find it, last year (or before that) there was a casemod compo where the winning case was going to be produced by a company. Did it ever happen?
In 1982 I was addicted to Lady Bug and played it in the local arcade (every day) And yes i'm proud I did that!
[USRF]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 09:52   #4
blackerthanblack
Supermodder

blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.blackerthanblack is definitely a rep cheat.
My favourite is still Orac3. I don't usually fully appreciate the normal box shaped type mods but the attention to detail was spectacular at the time.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 10:19   #5
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerthanblack
My favourite is still Orac3. I don't usually fully appreciate the normal box shaped type mods but the attention to detail was spectacular at the time.
+1 The mod that launched a thousand mods. WMD was cool too, but Orac3 was there first.

A bit-tech piece on the Gods of Mod without mentioning Orac3!! Shame on you! Back in the day the orac articles were bit-tech's signature piece.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2003.../orac3_part1/1

My favourite mod of all time though, has to be Renovatio:

http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/sys...ovatio/038.htm

Got to love that idea, the colour scheme and the implementation.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 10:30   #6
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
I loved Neexo's attention to detail on rpoject Metaversa http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=29556 (Alas he needs to try and find his images again.).

Very technical, a lot of care and attention there.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 11:09   #7
saxovtsmike
Multimodder

saxovtsmike has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF]Obiwan View Post
One more question since I could not find it, last year (or before that) there was a casemod compo where the winning case was going to be produced by a company. Did it ever happen?
+1 on that.

Who did even win the comp ? Last thing I recognized was a semifinal of a view Huge not so smart cases
saxovtsmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 11:29   #8
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [USRF
Obiwan]One more question since I could not find it, last year (or before that) there was a casemod compo where the winning case was going to be produced by a company. Did it ever happen?
It was the Phobya case design competition. Phobya is currently in the process of ironing out the details and making it - takes a while to do.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 11:30   #9
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky
I loved Neexo's attention to detail on rpoject Metaversa http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=29556 (Alas he needs to try and find his images again.).

+1 Nexxo, if you can sort your pics out you might land a place in Mod Gods
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 11:48   #10
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatus View Post
+1 Nexxo, if you can sort your pics out you might land a place in Mod Gods
I'll +1 this as well, I haven't seen the photos of this mod for years.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 12:58   #11
Pelihirmu
Supermodder

Pelihirmu has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Where's Orac3? :P
Pelihirmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:06   #12
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think the "Part 1" gives it away, I'm sure most of the classics will appear in subsequent instalments...
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:11   #13
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dark blade for me has to be one of my all time favs. It doesn't look like it was built 6 years ago, it could have just been finished yesterday.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:22   #14
ChromeX
I *am* a Dremel

ChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the DremelChromeX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackerthanblack View Post
THIS. I hope orac3 appears in part 2 of this installment, otherwise it's incomplete!
ChromeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:35   #15
D B
Supermodder

D B has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A very good list posted , and so are the suggestions here

what ever happened to Heavy Metal by Cord8 ?
Old 26th Apr 2012, 13:47   #16
Spectrator
What's a Dremel?

Spectrator has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brings back memories! I remember those days when I just started overclocking and modding my first PC and found the Orac3 project that blew my mind! And with it bit-tech.net =) Been hooked up ever since.
Spectrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 14:57   #17
sethnmalice
Supermodder

sethnmalice has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You might want to change the title to Best Mods Ever on Bit-tech...you cannot fathom the amount of case mods or custom builds through out the world that would be worthy of such a title, you would have to compile a global one it would take years to do.
This appears to be based on the amount of views on bit-tech.

"You see things; and you say,
'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say,
'Why not?'"
sethnmalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 15:00   #18
Shirty
V BURN MY EYES V

Well, this is Bit-tech... you wouldn't expect Google to run a feature on the best iOS apps, even if some of them are also available on Android!

Not taking anything away from the plethora of awesome mods not featured on this site, just pointing out it's a commercial business.
Old 26th Apr 2012, 17:09   #19
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Dark Blade I remember seeing this when I wasn't a modder & just had no idea how something like that could be made, times have changed & found it was CNC but that project still rocks hard but makes me want a lathe quite a lot looking at mods like that, think I can get by without CNC but a lathe would really come in handy.

BaDassumption - Never seen it before but it looks excellently made, very creative & old sci fi style crossed with classic cars even, yep a kickass project for sure.

Blackmesa - Another one I don't think I've seen before & only heard about it, totally awesome & love the smashed window side panel & all the decayed weathered effects on this, top quality half life mod.

Battlefield projects look perfectly done, well worthy of the spot.

Nice part 1, this will be an awesome series to follow. I don't know what is wrong but don't seem to get front page updates by email anymore, even checked in the sub part & it is checked to receive them but I don't, not even in my spam.

One little request though for whenever a members project gets chance to do a front page article, I looked back at Orac3 with it being mentioned a lot on this thread & it totals to 76 pages spread out over 5 front page articles vs the 6 pages people get now, some projects that's enough, some though is no where near enough so can make for a very half arsed article because the modder has to cut absolutely loads of info & pictures out so it just gets so diluted it can look a lot more simple than it was.

The Orac3 articles was a true mini project log so with it having depth in an uncluttered order was like a 2nd chance to write it out after the project so it all goes together wrapping up perfectly at the end, this will be a big factor as to why it is such a popular project. of course it is an awesome project but still a high quality article like that will make a big difference for the projects people remember well, just my 2p.

Actually it has given me an idea, a very good idea.
Do the logs live day to day like some do including me & after the log could we have 1 more category for completed case mods & scratch builds in another part of the forum so they don't hog new projects time & so we can re-write the whole log in a better way so it all makes sense, would be similar to the Orac3 article but on the forum & we could add links to the first line of the project pointing towards them. I think it's a great idea because when doing a 6 page front page article the link to the mini log could be added instead of the cluttered log which could be difficult to read through if it's a long one, I think it would make it a lot better, if people can't be bothered then they miss out on having an uncluttered log which is easy to view.

Last edited by Waynio; 26th Apr 2012 at 17:35. Reason: idea
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 17:11   #20
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethnmalice View Post
You might want to change the title to Best Mods Ever on Bit-tech...you cannot fathom the amount of case mods or custom builds through out the world that would be worthy of such a title, you would have to compile a global one it would take years to do.
This appears to be based on the amount of views on bit-tech.
Fair comment.

But the title does sound better doesn't it?

Last edited by Waynio; 26th Apr 2012 at 17:14. Reason: But the title does sound better doesn't it? :D
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote