bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 26th Apr 2012, 20:24   #1
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
[CIP] Bel Air (Cosmos II) Update 22/05 New sponsor !

Hello all,
Let me introduce my new project Bel Air.

Sponsored By:

For this project i will be modding the Cooler Master Cosmos II.

I won't go to much in to details of the things that will be changing of the case. That are things that u will have to find out your self, by following this project.

The hardware for this project is still undiceited. It will all depend of the budget that is left after I'm done with the case self. I might use the hardware from my previous case mod Project White.

To cool all the hardware i will go for water cooling. This time I will do a dual loop and for this i will use copper pipes again. I know it is not something new but i just like to work with it. Plus it will fit perfect with the rest of the case and all the other details.

So lets start we have all seen the Cosmos II in one piece. For this i disassembled the case and placed all the parts on my floor witch was to small because the iron body couldn't fit on the picture

Removed the all the HDD cages + Midplate and PSU stand.

And the I/O backplate had to be removed.

Also cutted out a part out of the back of the case.

That is it for the case self. The rest u will all see later if u keep following

The next thing i have done is drawing the shape for the new air vents in the side panel. I have gotten the idea from a corvette anniversary 1978 with my own touch to it ofc

With the sketch ready i just had to get the materials to make the design. Got my self some foam to start the modeling of the air vents.

I had several attempts with different kind of tools. First one was with a knife that didn't go well.

Then i thought of making a some kind of heath wire to cut in the foam.

That plan has failed to my 12volt adapter wasn't strong enough to heat up the wire. Then i just purchased a tool to cut with.

With the new tool in the hand a started to make the venting hole in the foam.

This gives a better idea of how it will look like but still is not good enough. After some time i decided to make every piece apart if the vent.

One side is done now i only need to make a copy of it in mirror image.

And a picture of the garbage that was left behind.

That was it for this start post hope u all like. And stay tuned for the next update.

Alain

Last edited by alain-s; 22nd May 2013 at 21:47.
alain-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 20:38   #2
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking really promising. That blue foam gives me shivers down my spine...wonderful to work with sometimes, but can be a real pain aswell. I've made som cars out of this stuff and the blue dust was everywhere. Looking forward to see how thosevents turn out, looking realy nice so far

Keep it up.

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 21:02   #3
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice to see you with a new project mate.Following this one for sure.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 21:22   #4
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
After project white (one of my favs) I'm watching.
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Apr 2012, 22:00   #5
_ferry_
Supermodder

_ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is._ferry_ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post
Looking really promising. That blue foam gives me shivers down my spine...wonderful to work with sometimes, but can be a real pain aswell. I've made som cars out of this stuff and the blue dust was everywhere. Looking forward to see how thosevents turn out, looking realy nice so far

Keep it up.
Had the same thoughts, also about the strength of it while keeping in mind that these vents are on the side. So you might bump against something, and the foam won't like that. Or is it a template for polyester?
_ferry_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 13:54   #6
UgotHeinzzd
What's a Dremel?

UgotHeinzzd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm following

Last edited by UgotHeinzzd; 27th Apr 2012 at 14:08.
UgotHeinzzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 17:52   #7
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking good already mate =) love the Cosmos 2 Mods =)
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 19:57   #8
alain-s
Supermodder

alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.alain-s is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gnu View Post

Keep it up.
Yea the foam really if fun but it gives u **** load of dirt when u start working with it. My Terras was all blue when I was done with the 2 sides its a shame that I don't got a picture of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Nice to see you with a new project mate.Following this one for sure.
Thank u Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagriva View Post
After project white (one of my favs) I'm watching.
Thx Amagriva ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ferry_ View Post
Had the same thoughts, also about the strength of it while keeping in mind that these vents are on the side. So you might bump against something, and the foam won't like that. Or is it a template for polyester?
Well ferry u don't have to concern about that. The foam is like u said a template that I will be using. I hope to get all the products tomorrow. Then I have the hole weekend time to play with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgotHeinzzd View Post
I'm following
Thanks Marnix glad to see u around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Looking good already mate =) love the Cosmos 2 Mods =)
Thank u SilveR
Old 28th Apr 2012, 04:49   #9
dbradford32
Multimodder

dbradford32 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love when people use foam! It means someone is going to do something exceptional! I am watching!
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:25   #10
alain-s
Supermodder

Thanks dbradford32

Small update about the new front grill of the case. The original design of the grill wont fit with the rest of the theme.

Removed the mesh and started to cut in the plastic housing of the grill.

After that i just had to file and sand the piece before it was ready for make over.

The 4 small pieces where placed on the rest part of the grill

This will fit perfect on the place of the old grill. And it can also be removed like the original grill by just pulling on it. The only thing that i still need to so is reenforce the frame of it.

When i recieved my parts of the grill i saw that i had made a little mistake. The curves of the grill all had angles in it. Not a big problem because i can file it round and sand it afterwards

When they where done i could start shortening and number the parts.

After all the small works i couldn't help my self to sand 2 pieces with a 240, 600, 1000grid paper. After that was done i polished it to get the maximum shininess.

Placed all the parts on it.

I am 6 pieces short of the grill because i miss typed the number but will be taking care of when the rest of the parts arrive

Tot de volgende Update
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:48   #11
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Very nice grill Alain.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:26   #12
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
ok, now that's sexy! definately better then original!

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:40   #13
Cown
Multimodder

Cown has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice grill makes it look evil!
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:54   #14
alain-s
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Very nice grill Alain.
Thanks Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
ok, now that's sexy! definately better then original!
Thank u kelmannen achieved my goal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cown View Post
Very nice grill makes it look evil!
Thx Cown ^^
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:02   #15
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very nice
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:23   #16
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
In...

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 12:26   #17
UgotHeinzzd
What's a Dremel?

UgotHeinzzd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great work! It looks amazing Alain
UgotHeinzzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 12:30   #18
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
That looks so awesome already bro!! Cant wait for more!
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:11   #19
alain-s
Supermodder

Thanks guys,

Update!

I am happy to inform u that the first sponsored packages are arrived. The Packages are from Ek WaterBlocks and Highflow.

Thank u Gregor for sponsoring this beautiful cooling hardware.

Thank Freddy for the discount in the web-shop.

Started with the biggest package from EK WaterBlocks first.

EK-Supreme HF - Full EN (Nickel)

EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (140) and EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (420)

2x EK-DDC X-TOP V2 - Acetal G1/4

2x EK-Ekoolant CLEAR (premix 1000mL)

10x EK-PSC Adapter 90 G1/4 Nickel and 12x EK-PSC Adapter 45 G1/4 Nickel

The next package was from Highflow.

1x MagiCool COPPER Radiator 280

2x Laing DDC-1Plus MCP355 12V

To give u a idea, I have placed the hardware in the case and taken some pictures. In the bottom of the case I will place 1 140mm rad, 1 420mm rad, 2 Pumps and the PSU

In the top of the case I place the 280mm rad. That wont be visible when the case is finished.

I haven't had much time to continue with the side panels of the case. I haven taken them to my work so when I have some free time I could continue to work on it but the last weeks there was a lot of work.

But I have enforced the grill in the front of the case with 2 pieces of 5mm plexi. I glued the parts together and then filled up where it was needed.

That was it. I hope that the next update will come sooner then this one. But it all depends how much work there is at my work
Old 23rd May 2012, 20:15   #20
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
This is looking really promising!

Congrats on the sponsors, can't wait to see more!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode