bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 8th Jun 2012, 09:44   #41
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Last rad appeared today along with a couple of fans...

Annoyingly,the cables are not braided and they have coloured all the wires black,so good luck if you want to braid these...for a 12 fan,braided cables are not a lot to ask.
They do include a 7v resistor tho for those without controllers

They look great in case.
Now just waiting for the 12 120 SP versions and another 140....

B NEGATIVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jun 2012, 20:23   #42
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Unrelated but i think you will like.

Mayhems Thermodynamic on pre production test in my bench.

Old 11th Jun 2012, 10:28   #43
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

ST got the rest of my loop in.

Sorry about the crap pics,the weather is bad and my phone is no-pro

2 Koolance D5 tops and the rest of my fans.

The pics of the pump tops doesnt do them justice,they are the best bit of machining i have seen on WC gear.
No swirls or tool marks,even the impeller machining is spot on.

Should get all the loop in and done this week,ordering the first of the GPUs and another SSD end of the week.
Old 11th Jun 2012, 14:24   #44
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
Those fans look awesome and so does the pump. Need pictures of it all coming together
Old 11th Jun 2012, 16:27   #45
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarakon View Post
Those fans look awesome and so does the pump. Need pictures of it all coming together

Ok...

Got the fans on the lower XSPC rads...

Perhaps a DSLR is in order...
Old 11th Jun 2012, 16:36   #46
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Those fans are looking sweeet!!! And lurv the tubes are they plated copper or???
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2012, 09:53   #47
rak500
Multimodder

rak500 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lovely build!
I really like the case!
Quick question though, wouldn't it be better to cool both cpu in parallel rather than serial?
As in splitting the cooling route to cool both CPU at the same time?
rak500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2012, 10:57   #48
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
That looks very overwhelming! So many fans
Old 13th Jun 2012, 11:11   #49
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
Awesome build, need to get my SR2 looking nice

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2012, 11:35   #50
suragh
Derp

suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.suragh is definitely a rep cheat.
Those fans look beast on the rads, looking forward to the final product.
Old 13th Jun 2012, 11:58   #51
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squigly View Post
Those fans are looking sweeet!!! And lurv the tubes are they plated copper or???
Chrome plated copper.
Copper tube would of looked odd with all the red in the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak500 View Post
Lovely build!
I really like the case!
Quick question though, wouldn't it be better to cool both cpu in parallel rather than serial?
As in splitting the cooling route to cool both CPU at the same time?

Would of been awkward to do with this tubing,serial is easier.
Old 13th Jun 2012, 15:20   #52
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Pics are fine. I suspect the last pic went off on you because you are facing the light. -Unless you are trying to talk yourself into a camera purchase. I'll shut up if that's the case.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2012, 17:13   #53
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

A little update..

Bolted the two tops together,just waiting on a Sli link to join them up.

Mounting holes drilled and bulkhead fitting in place.

Silicone washers for pump dampening..

Pumps bolted in.

Top rad fitted.

Some external shots...

One of the SP 120s didnt come with a red fan ring...hence the white one in a couple of shots...

There is still some painting to be done yet on the rads and pump tops before final fix,i was keen to see how they look in there....couldnt help myself!
Old 18th Jun 2012, 11:50   #54
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Specialtech got my order out again in quick time...

So im looking now towards the modding and finishing up the loop so i can get this fired up.

Some 1.5mm Alu sheet and some 3 mm flouro red acrylic.
Im removing the drive bay panels and replacing them with a solid Alu panel and doing some cover work on the HDD/SSD caddies..

Some braided fan cables,braiding cables is a pain at best,but doing fan cables is just frustrating for me,hence i wimped out and bought some.

The last fittings for the loop,Koolance lo profile 90's and a VID fitting for the pump tops.

Trying to keep the cabling tidy has become a bit of an obsession,these caught my eye...

Dont know if i will use it,i really im not keen on that HUGE connector..

These i will be using..

Staggered length SATA III cables,should keep everything tidy behind the board..

Now.....this was my GPU choice,3 670 cheesecake.
I know Coolmiester will be disappointed that its not dual 690...sorry mate!

Whats this?? A full size 680 board??

Which means 680 blocks and plates!!!

Dont get comfy stock cooler....

So now im waiting on another 2 cards and the blocks...plus some more storage...maybe a light even!....OOOOOOooooooh!
Old 18th Jun 2012, 12:05   #55
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I love it !
THis will look awsmoe when its done.
Those 670's are gorgeaus! Just like i want them to be, not those small and tiny looking things !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 02:56   #56
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking very nice.

When doing hard piping loop like this, does it make it so it can all be removed in 1 piece? would be quite a bonus perk if it can.

stars & rep
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2012, 14:51   #57
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Looking very nice.

When doing hard piping loop like this, does it make it so it can all be removed in 1 piece? would be quite a bonus perk if it can.

stars & rep
Appreciate it!

All the lengths are hand bent to size so its all comes apart easily,just release the lock on the fitting and you can pull the piece as needed.
Old 19th Jun 2012, 16:00   #58
coolmiester
Coolermaster Legend

coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!coolmiester - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Snip..

Now.....this was my GPU choice,3 670 cheesecake.
I know Coolmiester will be disappointed that its not dual 690...sorry mate!
Not at all mate......absolutely stunning build and hardware
coolmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 16:00   #59
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Mods that alter posts for no good reason are,TBH,vermin.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 16:18   #60
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
Mods that alter posts for no good reason are,TBH,vermin.
It's a bit-tech thing the F T W, if you type it altogether it says cheesecake, it's an auto thing like on steam when people swear it coughs up pink love hearts.

Don't know the history of the F T W thing though.

I agree though the evga cards are very nice & the warranty top notch & this build is sweet.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode