bit-tech.net

Old 20th Jun 2012, 18:28   #61
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I was in the mood for some painting...]

So...i started by masking the already base coated pump covers.

a few hits with the RAL 3003 spray from paints4u,good service and a real good match to the existing red in the case,to get this.

But wait....i fancy some cutting action...TO THE JIGSAW!

I want a nice panel for the res,a bit of cutting and filing and we have...

It fits nice!

Drilled the holes for the mountings

Black etch coat...

A lot of spraying later and the panel is ready to be fitted.

Res mounts fitted and the panel is screwed to the HDD cage.

So...what do you think? Nice?

This cam phone just doesnt cut it...i need to get a better camera!!

Magoo agrees!!

B NEGATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 19:50   #62
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Now, see... When you start thinking your dog is telling you stuff, you might just want a camera.
The word filters here are set like little comedy landmines. They used to have one for misspelling "surprise" that turned it to, "I'm an idiot that can't spell check."
surprized -Just checkin'

I'm shocked you did the test fit without washing the shavings off. That stuff can kill, and is nearly impossible to get rid of once it gets in a case.
The setup is getting Godly, BTW.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2012, 20:13   #63
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Now, see... When you start thinking your dog is telling you stuff, you might just want a camera.
The word filters here are set like little comedy landmines. They used to have one for misspelling "surprise" that turned it to, "I'm an idiot that can't spell check."
surprized -Just checkin'

I'm shocked you did the test fit without washing the shavings off. That stuff can kill, and is nearly impossible to get rid of once it gets in a case.
The setup is getting Godly, BTW.
It was dinks in the film,the panel got a good brush off.
Alu shavings are a menace.
Old 20th Jun 2012, 20:42   #64
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Old 21st Jun 2012, 21:53   #65
DennE_II
What's a Dremel?

DennE_II has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great work love the look of it.
Need to ask what is the length of the XSPC 480 rad? I've looked around and get different results on different pages.
Need to know as I'm planing my mod for my Silverstone Raven RV01 and I have limited a amount of space at the base. Not sure exactly at the moment (case in another country).
Think it was like 515mm or so.

Good luck with the build and I cant wait to see where this will go.
DennE_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2012, 19:16   #66
Dhemon
What's a Dremel?

Dhemon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow! nice work
Dhemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2012, 07:44   #67
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhemon View Post
Wow! nice work
Your first post was for me??
Thanks man,that means a lot!
Old 25th Jun 2012, 11:43   #68
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love what you are doing!

I have the same case and I was surprised when I saw you "blocking" one of the front intakes with that custom cover you made to fit the reservoir.

Are you going to use just one fan for the front intake?

Keep up the good work

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2012, 14:11   #69
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for presidentSarakon should be considered for president
More tubing do you have any plans of re-colouring the white ring to red or are you going to leave it as is?
Old 25th Jun 2012, 21:19   #70
AlderonnX
Multimodder

AlderonnX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love SR-2 builds.. this is cool man.

Also If you get a friend request from a Giant drinking a Mountain Dew on Facebook thats me...
AlderonnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jun 2012, 08:08   #71
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

MDPC sleeve has arrived!!

The 2 tubes you see are molex pin removers and the larger of the 2 will double up as a pin shuttle!!
Looks like im going to be busy this week.....
Old 27th Jun 2012, 08:57   #72
xtoxm
What's a Dremel?

xtoxm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Love those little devil cases! Great work keep it up!
xtoxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2012, 08:47   #73
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Small update...

Power switches in...These will do for now,i think they are blue so they are not staying...looking for a 'feature' type switch,although these do go with the whole monolithic style to the exterior.

The front panel is going to cover all the bays but the FC and the pump controller will becoming thru.

Started with a florescent red plexi sheet cut to 20mm oversize,this will be drilled out for LEDs later.

This shot tried to capture the glow that the cut edge gives...fail.

The Alu cut to size for the front panel..

Mask the front up,dont want any little scratches!!

Can you see what it is yet?

I know the plexi looks more orange than red but its the edges im more interested in....i want them to really glow!

Now i need to brush up on my flame polishing skills!!

Old 28th Jun 2012, 14:11   #74
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Love the heavy luminous acrylic, looks awesome held up to decent light or daylight.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2012, 17:45   #75
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Well.....it didnt go quite to plan,i was hoping to do all the cutting with the plexi and the alu together....

....i forgot how much i hate drilling/cutting plexi.

and i got the initial measurements wrong....

XD

So,on my second attempt we get this.

Old 28th Jun 2012, 18:01   #76
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Measure triple, cut once
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2012, 18:19   #77
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Measure triple, cut once
I know,I know.....
Old 28th Jun 2012, 18:22   #78
krussellusaf
Modder

krussellusaf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That case is gorgeous! I don't love the power supply sleeving but I'm sure it will all come together in the end. Keep up the awesome work!
krussellusaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2012, 18:35   #79
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
No worries I think we all made that mistake once or twice... Myself, i now have to 3d print a part for the third time because i did not measure enough the first two times
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2012, 22:18   #80
B NEGATIVE
Pipebender

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
No worries I think we all made that mistake once or twice... Myself, i now have to 3d print a part for the third time because i did not measure enough the first two times
After getting it in the neck last time from you for using extensions....better?

Had to take a file to my ATX tool tho,works like a charm now.

View Mode