bit-tech.net

Old 23rd Jul 2012, 20:40   #121
Karrek
Multimodder

Karrek has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fantastic

excellent job so far - I love the clean look and the colors. great attention to detail as well!
Karrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jul 2012, 15:38   #122
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Yay!! My polishing torch has arrived!!

........should of known really.

Im fluent in IKEA so lack of instructions is not a problem.
Interesting to note that the gas is switchable with no dead man safety...
Acrylic polish 101 soon!
B NEGATIVE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2012, 14:34   #123
Ilias78
What's a Dremel?

Ilias78 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Subscribed! Absolutely fantastic work you are doing there mate!
Ilias78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 05:25   #124
Att1cus
What's a Dremel?

Att1cus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yo dude - could really use some advice on those metal tubes. What material and size are they? which tube bender did you use? Most importantly, how did you get them to seal well with the fittings on the CPU blocks and such? Was it difficult to measure?
Att1cus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2012, 06:37   #125
Att1cus
What's a Dremel?

Not sure why my post didn't show, but I have to ask more about the tubes. What size and material are the tubes? what fittings are you using for them (I can't find much for 'push fittings')?
Old 6th Aug 2012, 18:46   #126
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

B NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitB NEGATIVE is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
After speaking to Ricardo from ColdZero, i managed to get this done.

a nice little sli bridge cover!!

http://www.coldzero.eu/

They do a remarkable amount of plexi modding bits and are well worth a look for one off pieces,backplates,front panels.....the list goes on!!
Rapid turnaround and great customer service,i recommend you take a look.
Old 7th Aug 2012, 18:48   #127
Att1cus
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
Got some push fit fittings to make the test fitting.

I may even keep using these fittings,they look ok and are 1/3rd the price of the koolance fittings.
Downside is i dont trust push fit fully,not like a proper compression fitting.
Any chance you can recommend/link the fittings you use for 1/2" 5/8"OD metal pipes? I'm new to the metal pipe thing and prepared to lose a few nights sleep getting bending right, but i hope to save myself some headaches with fittings.

If you can link the push and the compression fittings that work best with metal tubing it'd really help me out
Old 8th Aug 2012, 12:24   #128
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Att1cus View Post
Any chance you can recommend/link the fittings you use for 1/2" 5/8"OD metal pipes? I'm new to the metal pipe thing and prepared to lose a few nights sleep getting bending right, but i hope to save myself some headaches with fittings.

If you can link the push and the compression fittings that work best with metal tubing it'd really help me out
Koolance may do a 1/2" fitting, i am only aware of 12mm and 10mm fittings.
You can get 12mm tube in the US (seeing as you asked for 1/2",im assuming you are US?)
Old 8th Aug 2012, 14:31   #129
Att1cus
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post
Koolance may do a 1/2" fitting, i am only aware of 12mm and 10mm fittings.
You can get 12mm tube in the US (seeing as you asked for 1/2",im assuming you are US?)

Yep - thanks for the reply! I bet you get a ton of questions on here.

I am from the US and have used 1/2" ID 5/8" OD in the past, as I have heard that allows for maximum flow. Is working with a smaller diameter tube a viable concern?
Old 8th Aug 2012, 15:06   #130
AverageNinja
Almost an EpicNinja

AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.AverageNinja is definitely a rep cheat.
That's nice B-Negative!

-AverageNinja (also from the OC3D Forum).
AverageNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2012, 16:39   #131
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Att1cus View Post
Yep - thanks for the reply! I bet you get a ton of questions on here.

I am from the US and have used 1/2" ID 5/8" OD in the past, as I have heard that allows for maximum flow. Is working with a smaller diameter tube a viable concern?

I get a few.

The difference between ID's for flow is slight,nothing to worry about.
Old 8th Aug 2012, 22:47   #132
Nutman
Never stuck with stock

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks for pointing me towards coldzero.eu - some really nice stuff there. +1 rep!

Projects: Nutman - Hampen - F.O.B. T.C. - BabyShark - The Scratchbench
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 15:55   #133
Dhemon
What's a Dremel?

Dhemon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well, very well. Follow you
Dhemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Aug 2012, 17:48   #134
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice sli bridge how has the polishing torch been doing for you? I wouldn't mind trying a faster route for polishing acrylic tried a blow torch with minimal success but a specific built one for flame polishing is more like what I need I think.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2012, 19:39   #135
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Nice sli bridge how has the polishing torch been doing for you? I wouldn't mind trying a faster route for polishing acrylic tried a blow torch with minimal success but a specific built one for flame polishing is more like what I need I think.
The torch works a treat,its not a polish specific thing tho... It takes some practice,get stuck in fella.

Look what came in the post...one short tho.

Oh so sexy.....

Nowhere near the same amount of mill marks as EK....
The plating is very good!!

The wrong way up for my purposes...

So,out come the allen keys...

.......orly?

I have a method for these tricky o-rings.

Get the o-ring in the groove at one end.

Slide the block piece over the end you just placed,after pulling the bolts out of course. You dont want to snag the o-ring and damage it.

then bolt it down...simples.

Old 17th Aug 2012, 04:34   #136
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I love those waterblocks!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Aug 2012, 09:55   #137
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Can you explain for the hard-of-modding like me why you've switched the inlet/outlet port around?

Many thanks in advance
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Aug 2012, 10:08   #138
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Can you explain for the hard-of-modding like me why you've switched the inlet/outlet port around?

Many thanks in advance
My case is a BTX or inverted layout,when the blocks are installed the lettering would be upside down.

And that would bug me.
Old 20th Aug 2012, 10:30   #139
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

oops double post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 17:49   #140
B NEGATIVE
All Hail Kim Jong Magoo!

Not really build related but i gots me a new monitor!

Achieva Shimian 1440p 27" IPS.........for 200!

I have one stuck pixel on the far right of the screen but its well out of the way and is soooo tiny that it only shows on black screens.

The colour tho,is something else,very vivid....makes DayZ look awesome!!

View Mode