bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th May 2012, 10:35   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Microsoft backs Hybrid Memory Cube tech

Microsoft has joined the Hybrid Memory Cube Consortium, supporting the new HMC RAM technology.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...oft-hmc-tech/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 16:00   #2
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ten times the performance, one tenth the physical size, and 70% less power.

Is that all?

When they eventually start producing 3D processors, that will be truly mind-boggling!
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 16:56   #3
Fizzban
Man of Many Typos

Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.Fizzban is definitely a rep cheat.
I love it. Never been a better time to be alive, technology-wise, than now. We want moar!

To win the battle, is to be prepared to die - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Asking to pick between the main parties is like asking which testicle you want to be kicked in, you're gonna get kicked the nuts whoever you pick... Just have to hope whoever you pick aren't wearing steelies...
Fizzban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 20:57   #4
Eldorado
Needs new glasses..

Eldorado has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
When we get to genuine processing memory I'll be happy, until then, we have to wait...
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 22:37   #5
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
Less hope is 10x cheaper too!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2012, 23:02   #6
yougotkicked
A.K.A. YGKtech

yougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremelyougotkicked has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You know, for all these exciting new technologies we keep hearing about, (and have been for a while), the most exciting thing i can think of that has actually hit market in the last year or two is Intel's tri-gate transistors. we were talking about Germanium based transistors and IBM's 1Thz scale processors in 2006, six years later we still have about the same base tech as before, just refined as moore's law dictates.

I just get tired of waiting some times.
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870 1GB ::::: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
128GB Intel SSD :::: 2x WD 1TB drives in RAID 1
yougotkicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 00:00   #7
mo2580
Minimodder

mo2580 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i once heard about dna processors 10 years ago and then nothing, does anybody what those were about, or did i make a mistake in reading the article it was a long time ago and i just skimmed read it.
mo2580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 06:05   #8
fluxtatic
Supermodder

fluxtatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzban
I love it. Never been a better time to be alive, technology-wise, than now. We want moar!
I agree, but isn't that always the case for any given point in time? At least, once the Dark Ages ages. Then again, where's my *&^%#! flying car and #$%)&! nutrition pills?!
fluxtatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 07:24   #9
Teelzebub
Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Teelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming SaiyanTeelzebub is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2580 View Post
i once heard about dna processors 10 years ago and then nothing, does anybody what those were about, or did i make a mistake in reading the article it was a long time ago and i just skimmed read it.
Nope, I saw a program about that years ago never seen or heard any more about it since.

Mountain mods case, Enermax 1250w PSU, Asus Maximus V Extreme, i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz, Samsung 840 250gb SSD. 500gb Seagate,Corsair H80i wind tunnel, 16gb Corsair Vengeance pro 1866mhz,4xEVGA GTX 670 quad SLI 2 x Dell U27" @ 2560 x 1440, 4 bags of weed
Teelzebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2012, 09:22   #10
Showerhead
Ultramodder

Showerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run Crysis
Quote:
Not really practicle as it would take ages to set up to solve one computation and each run of the processor would only solve one problem before you had to recode the entire thing.

Would only reallly be practicle for a massively parallel task.
Showerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 02:36   #11
misterd77
Multimodder

misterd77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showerhead
Quote:
Not really practicle as it would take ages to set up to solve one computation and each run of the processor would only solve one problem before you had to recode the entire thing.

Would only reallly be practicle for a massively parallel task.
mmmmm, synthetic dna has been developed, where multiple streams of i/o can be achieved, its the accuracy of sdna that attracts devs, zero errors...
misterd77 is offline   Reply With Quote